58.该好一点了
"Whoa! This cough medicine costs a fortune!" Beth exclaimed at the pharmacy.
"哇!这种咳嗽药可真贵!"贝丝在药店里大声说道。
"Don't worry about it!" her mother said as she got out the money to pay.
"别担心!"妈妈掏钱付款时说。
"Even if this medicine would cost an arm and a leg I would buy it for you.
"即使这种药要花好多钱,我也会给你买的。
You have to get some sleep tonight so that you can get caught up on your course work tomorrow!
你今天晚上一定要睡个好觉,这样你明天就能把功课做完了!
You have to cover a lot of ground and I want you better in the morning!"
你得快点好起来,我希望你早晨起来就好一点啦!"
"But I haven't been abte to sleep all week!" Beth said.
"可我一个星期都没睡好了!"贝丝说。
Then she quickly turned away to cover up her mouth to cough.
接着她把头转到一边,用手掩着嘴咳嗽起来。
"I've tried everything, counting sheep, watching TV, reading ... Nothing works!"
"我什么都试过了:数羊、看电视、看书……什么都不管用!"
"Well, we won't count on those old methods tonight.
"好啦,今天晚上我们不靠这些老办法啦。
This medicine is so strong that it will knock you out for a good night's rest!
这种药效果好,它会使你整个晚上都睡得好好的!
Tomorrow you can crack your books and cram for those tests that are coming up!"
明天你就能开卷读书为即将到来的考试临时抱抱佛脚了!"
"I hope so!" Beth replied. "My teacher has practically counted me out of taking the tests.
"希望如此!"贝丝答道。"老师基本上已经不把我算在考生之内了。
She said that I should just plan on taking the course again next semester.
她说我应该考虑下个学期重新修这门课。
But I told her to count me in! I don't want to get any further behind!"
不过我告诉过她要把我算在内的!我不想再落后了! "
"Yeah, it's too bad that those tests count for fifty percent of your grade," Mom said.
"是的,糟糕的是那些考试占你成绩的50%,妈妈说。
"You don't want to miss those!"
"你不想错过这些考试!"
"Yeah,and I can count the days until the tests on one hand!" Beth replied.
"是啊,我可以用一只手数出考试前的日期! "贝丝回答道。
"Don't count out the days like that. We'll count the cost later.
"别那样数日子。我们以后再来佔计不利条件。
Let's just get you home now and get you in bed!"
现在我们马上回家让你上床睡觉!"