美剧中有些话语总是幽默得那么有才,令人佩服得五体投地。有时真想撬开他们的脑子,看看里面到底有什么神奇构造才创造出这么惊人的神作。就让我们一起来膜拜一下吧。
► -Sheldon: Oh, boy.
天啊。
-Penny:What now?
又怎么了?
-Sheldon: Well, there's some value to taking a multivitamin, but the human body can only absorb so much.
(value:有价值 multivitamin:多种维生素 absorb:吸收)
服用维生素剂有一定价值,但人体能吸收的量是有限的。
What you're buying here are the ingredients for very expensive urine.
(ingredients:配料,成分 expensive:昂贵的 urine:尿液)
你买的东西其实是一种昂贵的尿液原料。
-Penny:Well, maybe that's what I was going for.
也许我就是要这个。
-Sheldon: Well, then you'll want some manganese.
manganese:(化学)锰(尿液的主要成分)
那你还不如买些买锰。——《生活大爆炸》
► -Dr. Gablehauser:Dr. Cooper.
Cooper博士。
-Sheldon's mom: Let's go, baby-- we're losing daylight.
losing:失去 daylight:白天
快说吧宝贝,天要黑了。
-Sheldon:As you know, several weeks ago in our first encounter,
several:几个 encounter:邂逅
你知道,几周前我们第一次见面时,
we may have gotten off on the wrong foot when I called you an idiot.
gotten off on the wrong foot:一开始就不顺利 idiot:白痴
我们可能没给彼此留下好印象,我当时说您是白痴。
And I just wanted to say that I was wrong... to point it out.
我只想跟你道歉。我不应该——指出这一事实。——《生活大爆炸》