词汇回顾:
1. Angela Delvecchio: 一个黄油的牌子
hibachi: (日本)木炭火盆
shiatsu: (Jap.)〈医〉指压,指压按摩疗法
2. Impressions: 压痕,印迹
3. split: 分担
4. commitment: 承诺
5. work: [口语]坏事,不可告人的勾当,欺骗行为;卑鄙的勾当
6. massage: 按摩
7. yum: 极好的,妙的
8. frantically : 疯狂地
短语学习:
1.move out: 搬出
eg. I was five when I began counting down the years until my sister would move out.
我从五岁起,就开始倒数计时看我姐姐将何时离开家搬出去住。
eg. When young people do move out, they are more likely to rent than buy.
即便年轻人真的搬出去了,他们也更有可能租车而不买车。
eg. His ambition is to get a job, keep it and move out.
他的愿望就是有一份工作,保住它,然后搬出去。
2.what if: 如果……将会怎样?
eg. What if I have no debts?
如果我没债务怎么办?
eg. One of each? What if you have triplets?
假如生了三胞胎会怎么样?
eg. What if this is all there is to our life?
如果这一切就是我们的生活,怎么办?
3.take off: 脱下(衣帽、鞋子等)
Margaret never failed first to take off her make- up and hang up the clothes she had stepped out of.
玛格丽特从不忘记取下化妆品,把脱下的衣服挂整齐。
To find your perfect heel height, take off your shoes, sit on a chair and extend one leg straight in front of you.
要找到你最合适的鞋跟高度,首先脱下你的鞋子,坐在椅子上,并向前伸直一条腿。
4.run off: 走掉, 离开
How dare you run off like that?
你们竟敢就那样跑开?
Staying with him seems more sensible, but if he does run off you will have limited negotiating power.
和他在一起但不结婚似乎更明智一些,但如果他真的离开你,你的谈判实力将很有限;
5.push back: 推迟
Some have begun to push back against this bill, and I am very happy to address their concerns.
一些人已经开始推动对这个法案的反击了,我很乐意看到他们站出来发表自己的看法。
Two new projects, however, aim to push back both these limits.
所幸的是,两个新项目正在努力打破这些限制。
6.out of sorts: [口语] 心情不好sort: 态度;种类
Slouched into work feeling tired, flat and thoroughly out of sorts.
懒散地开始工作,感觉疲惫、乏力,而且一点儿都不高兴。
It's best to just let people know that you haven't had enough sleep and that you feel both tired and out of sorts.
最好就是让人们知道,你没有足够的睡眠,以至让你感到累、没精打采。
Everyone seemed rather out of sorts and inclined to croak .
每个人似乎都有点不对劲,想发发牢骚。
7.make a move: 采取行动,开始行动
To make a move, to wake people up.
为了使人震动,把人惊醒。
All day long, every time you make a move, you will be depending on the code that’s already there.
一整天,每当你开始动手,都要依赖已有的代码。