Lightman: This is my assistant's notion of whimsy.
这是我助手的小创意。
Reynolds: Very cute.
很可爱。
Lightman: Yeah?
是吗?
Reynolds: Look, I just wanted to say thank you. Hell of a job.
我只是想说声谢谢。干得漂亮。
Lightman: There's no universal signal for gratitude. Surprises some people.
感谢没有通用的信号。让有些人感觉惊讶。
Reynolds: Well, it's a good thing I can use my words.
那幸好我还能用语言表达。
Lightman: Your boss wants to put me on a retainer.
你老板想以后继续聘用我。
Reynolds: Well, even the government has a good idea once in a while.
政府有的时候也会有点好主意。
Lightman: I'll make FBI cases my number one priority.
我优先处理FBI的案件。
In exchange, they pay me handsomely and give me full access to federal resources.
他们付我相当丰富的报酬作为交换,我还可以使用所有的联邦资源。
Reynolds: Well, good luck with that.
那祝你好运。
Lightman: Including you.
包括你。
Reynolds: Excuse me?
什么?
Lightman: They want me to have a man with a gun around full time.
他们希望有个带枪的人全职保护我。
Reynolds: To protect the valuables, huh? Guess I can't blame them.
保护有价值的人,哈?我想我不能责怪他们。
I mean, you guys are a bunch of scientist nerds running around poking your nose in people's faces--calling them liars.
你们是一群科学怪人,到处指着别人,说他们是骗子。
But I am not a bodyguard.
但我不是保镖。
Lightman: I don't have anything like you in my toolbox. And you're something that I clearly need.
在我工具箱里,没有你这样的人。但是你显然是我需要的。
Without you, we wouldn't have found Camille Halpern in time. Plus, Foster could have been killed today. I said yes.
没有你的话,我们没法及时找到Camille Halpern。还有,Foster可能会被害。我说好的。
Reynolds: Yeah, well, I'm flattered, but I'm saying no.
好吧,我很荣幸。但我说不好。
Lightman: No, you're not flattered. You're angry. But the decision's been made above your pay grade, so...
不,你没有感到荣幸。你很愤怒。但是我心已决,薪水可是大涨啊,所以...
Reynolds: Look, if this happens, I work for the FBI.I don't work for you.
听着,如果真得这样,我是为FBI工作。我不是为你工作。
Lightman: You actually believe that, don't you?
你还真信那一套,是吧?
Welcome to the Lightman Group.
欢迎加入Lightman团队。