These bombs are quite spectacular.
这些炸弹的威力真是惊人呀。
He's late already. Yes, well, that's logical.
投递员晚了。 嗯,是的,这也是合理的。
There's bound to be delays and shortages during the period of national emergency.
服务延期和物资短缺总是和国家紧急情况联系在一起的。
I'll miss the serial on Woman's Hour. It was just getting interesting.
我会错过“女性时间”的连续剧的。它才刚刚开始有点意思。
Crumbs! I haven't tried the transistor.
哎呀!我没试试电晶体。
No. Seems to have packed up.
不用了。看来我们最好把东西都打包收拾好。
Or probably needs new batteries.
也许新的战斗就快开始了。
Yes, I must pop down to Willis's.
是啊,我得去一下Willis商店。
They are a price these days.
最近他们都在涨价。
97p last time. Just fancy!
上次花了97镑,太贵了!
We ought to get one of these new hifis when your endowment policy comes up.
我们改在你的保险捐赠到期前再买一套HiFi。
Oh, yes. Or a stereo. I've only got two years to go.
哦,对啊。或者买一套环绕音箱。我只剩两年时间来处理它了。
I hope Ron and Beryl got back all right. Oh, yes, they'll be all right.
我希望Ron和Beryl回去的路上一切都好。 哦,是啊,他们会没事的。
Our Ron's a very careful driver. I didn't mean the driving so much, dear.
我们的Ron是个非常谨慎的司机。 我不仅仅是指驾驶技术,亲爱的。
More the bomb.
更担心轰炸的事情。
I'll give them a ring.
我去给他们打个电话。
Hello? Hello? Hello?
喂?喂?喂?
No, it's not even ringing.
不,居然响都没响一下。
Oh, I expect the lines are down.
哦,估计线路断了吧。
They say there are redhot winds of 500 miles an hour.
他们说那儿有炽热的风以每小时500里的速度吹过。