I can’t get by on nursing. There’s just not enough sick people in town.
我不能只当护士 镇上生病的人不多
Forever.
超久
It’s not so bad. Most people in Ray have two jobs. Some have three.
还好啦, 雷镇的居民大多有两个以上的工作
That’s so unfair.
真不公平
I’m also Assistant Fire Chief. Oh, really?
我也是消防队助理喔 真的吗
Then could you ask the gentleman behind us to please put out his cigarette?
那你可以帮我们跟那位先生说 叫他不要吸烟吗
Yeah, I can’t do that. That’s Earl. He owns the place.
嗯有点不行耶,那是欧尔 他是这家店的老板
Well, why’s it called Annette’s? Annette was his wife.
这家店不是安奈特的吗? 那是他老婆
She divorced him about 10 years ago. He doesn’t want to repaint.
她们十年前就离婚了 因为他不想重新整修招牌,所以..
Excuse me?
不好意思
Hi. I’m Meryl Foster. I’m Clay’s cousin.
我是梅莉福斯特,我是警长的亲戚
And this is my husband, Paul. We’re visiting from Chicago.
这是我丈夫保罗,我们从芝加哥来的
Howdydo? I’m Earl Granger. My granddaughter, Lucy.
你好?我是关欧尔 这是我孙女露西
Howdy. Howdy.
你好 你好
I was just wondering, would you mind terribly
我只是想问你是否可以
blowing the smoke in another direction?
到另外一个地方吸烟
Thank you.
谢谢
Chicago?
芝加哥?
I don’t know how you do things in Chicago, I never been there,
我不知道芝加哥是怎样,我没去过
but this is Godfearing American country.
但这里可不是芝加哥, 这里是淳朴的小镇
We don’t take kindly to outsiders trying to tell us how to live.
我们不需要外地人来教我们做什么
Well, people in Chicago are just as American and Godfearing as people in Wyoming.
芝加哥的人和怀俄明州人并没有什么两样, 芝加哥人也是很淳朴的美国人