The Big Bang Theory,《生活大爆炸》
A:So you're a little behind on your bills.
甲:你手头有点紧。
B:Everybody gets behind on their bills. Yeah, I know, it's just, this wasn't the plan. It wasn't supposed to go this way.
乙:付不起账单嘛。人人都有这样的时候。是,我知道。只是…计划不是这样的,本来不该这样的嘛。
A:Well, what was the plan?
甲:你的计划是什么样的?
B:Um, waitress for six months, and then become a movie star.
乙:做6个月服务员,然后成为电影明星。
A:Was there a plan B?
甲:有没有备选计划呢?
B:TV star.
乙:电视明星。
A:It's probably not as bad as you think. Let's take a look. Maybe we can find some comers to cut.Oh, here's something. If you don't have electricity, then you probably don't need cable. Just a suggestion. $170 dollars for acting classes?
甲:或许没你想的那么糟。我们来看看,也许能找出可以省钱的地方呢。哦,比如这个,你要是不通电的话,也就用不上有线电视了。我只是提议而已。170美元的表演课?
B:Oh,no, I can't give up my acting classes. I'm a professional actress.
乙:噢,不行,表演课绝对不能省。我是一名职业演员。
A:You've had an acting job where you got paid?
甲:你有进账的表演工作了?
B:That is not the definition of professional.
乙:职业不是这么定义的。