Desperate Housewives,《绝望的主妇》
Gabrielle: Don't you think that's a little over the top?
G:你不觉得有点过头吗?
Carlos: I want the best for Mama.
C:我妈妈要用最好的。
Gabrielle: No, honey, these funeral homes make a fortune trying to convince people to overspend.
G:不,宝贝,这些墓葬公司都想让我们过度消费,他们好赚大钱。
Carlos: What are you saying?
C:你说什么呢?
Gabrielle: Well, I'm saying your mother was a sensible woman. She wouldn't be comfortable with all these bells and whistles. Maybe this one. Wood veneer!
G:我说你妈妈是个很理智的人,这些花哨的东西会让她不舒服的,也许用木头饰面她会喜欢!
Gabrielle: What?
G:什么?
Carlos: You never liked Mama.
C:你从没喜欢过妈妈。
Gabrielle: Well, it's awfully hard to like someone who actively hates your guts. She always thought you married beneath you and she let me know it.
C:很难喜欢一个总讨厌你的人。她总是认为你娶得不值,而且总是在我面前提起。
Carlos: She loved you.
C:她是爱你的。
Gabrielle: She treated me like trash! (crosses herself) God rest her soul.
G:她对我像对垃圾一样!(在自己身上画十字)上帝保佑她的灵魂能够安息。
Carlos: I'm putting my mother in the grave. Now is not the time to pinch pennies.
C:我是在安葬我妈妈,现在不是省钱的时候。
Gabrielle: Carlos, we're not exactly flush with cash right now. Let her be true to her roots. She was bom humble and barefoot.
G:卡洛斯,我们现在没有那么多钱。我们要让她的葬礼和她的身份相配,她出生卑 微而且贫穷。