Gossip Girl,《緋闻女孩》
A:What's in the bag?
甲:包里是什么?
B:It's my dress for the fall dinner at the Frick. Eleanor sent them over. I don't know why there are two. This one's a little edgier than I thought, but I like it.
乙:是我准备参加福瑞克家秋季宴会的裙子。伊利诺寄过来的,不知道怎么会有两件。这件比我想得要更前卫一点,但是我挺喜欢的。
A:Apparently,it's for me.
甲:显然这是为我准备的。
B:Oh, this must be mine.
乙:哦,这件肯定是我的了。
A:It is a really nice color, though.
甲:颜色不错。
B:Dad, what do you think of this color?
乙:老爸,你觉得这颜色怎么样?
A:Of the paper? It's white.
甲:纸的颇色?白的。
B:No, no, no. It's not white. It's soft ecru. This is…that's white. I like the ecru myself, but I'm not sure about the font.
乙:不,不,不,不是白的。是淡米色。这个…这个才是白色。我个人喜欢米色,但是不知道字体合不合适。
A:Don't worry. You'll be fine. More than fine. You're the perfect Yale candidate. Maybe,
甲:别担心,会好的。比“好”还要好,你是耶鲁大学的完美候选人。
B:but I...I can't help thinking that, Yale is for presidents, not Humphreys.
乙:也许吧,可是我…我总忍不住觉得耶鲁是给总统去上的,不是给汉弗莱家的人上的。