Growing Pains,《成长的烦恼》
A:Ok, but did you actually hear Kevin say that he thought you look like a gummy bear?
甲:好吧,那你真的亲耳听到凯文说他认为你长得像小熊软糖?
B:No, but Melissa said she heard he said it.
乙:那倒没有,可是梅丽莎说她听凯文说过。
A:Why do you believe everything Melissa said she heard?
甲:那为什么梅丽莎说什么你就信什么呢?
B:Well, she does make me wonder sometimes. I mean she swore she saw Mick Jagger in Jiessie Panny last week.
乙:呃,有时候她的确是让我感到怀疑。我的意思是,她发誓说上星期她在杰西潘尼店里看到了米克贾格。
A:Well, they did have that big sale on home furnishings.
甲:哦,那家店的确有家具大减价活动。
B:Dad.
乙:爸爸。
A:Come on. I just think that you should take your cues about what Kevin thinks from what Kevin says himself.
甲:要我说嘛,想知道凯文到底是不是这么想的,你得听他亲口说才行。
B:Yeah, you're right. I need new ice skates.
乙:嗯,你说的很对,我得买双新的溜冰鞋。
A:Did I miss something?
甲:我错过了什么吗?
B:Well, everybody's gonna be at skating rink tomorrow night and I can ski by Kevin and see if he says anything to me.
乙:明天晚上我们要去溜冰场。到时候我就挨着凯文滑,看他跟我说什么。
A:Tomorrow morning you and I go down to the Macy's and we buy a brand new pair of skates who knows maybe we'll run in the Tina Tuma in smaller blanks.
甲:明天上午咱们就去美西百货公司给你买双新的,没准在商品小柜台还能遇上蒂 娜.特纳,这也说不准哦。
B:Thanks dad.
乙:谢谢爸爸。