I'll tell you one thing,your hair would have a better chance if she was.
有一件事是肯定的 如果她在 你的发型会更漂亮
Ok, I should go put my dress on.Be careful with that thing.
好了 我该换礼服了 小心一点哦
Don't hurt anybody.You look miserable.
别烫伤了别人 你看起来很不开心啊
Are there really a whole month of these events that I'm supposed to show up at?
难道这一整个月的活动 我都必须得参加吗
You can fight it if you want,but it's part of being a Gilbert.
你不愿意的话 可以不参加 但这是吉尔伯特家族的惯例
Yeah, you, uh, you mentioned you know a lot about the family.
是啊 你上次说你非常了解我们家族
Do you know anything about our ancestor Johnathan Gilbert?
你知道我们的祖辈 乔纳森·吉尔伯特的事儿吗
Prolific writer, crazy inventor.Why do you ask?
多产作家 狂热发明家 怎么问这个呢
Well, I read his journal.Is that right?Yeah.I actually found it in all dad's stuff.
我看了他的日记 是吗 是啊 其实我是在爸爸的遗物里找到的
Well, that's surprising.Most of them are locked away.
真让人意外啊 大部分日记都被藏起来了
There's more of them?Johnathan Gilbert journaled his whole life.
日记有好多本吗 乔纳森·吉尔伯特一生都在写日记
right down to the bitter, insane drunken end.The guy had a lot of demons.
直到他痛苦疯狂地在酗酒中结束生命 他记录了很多鬼怪恶魔
And did you read 'em?I browsed, yeah.What'd you think about what he wrote?
你读过了 我浏览了一下 你对他所写的 有什么看法
Crazy ramblings of a mad man, of course.Well, she's very pretty.
疯子漫无边际的疯话呗 她真漂亮
Yeah, yeah, she's a, uh,a friend of mine. Excuse me.
是啊 她是 我的一个朋友 失陪一下