Here you go, Professor.
这里,教授。
Professor Whistler. Harold Whistler. Beth Bridges, hello. I've been eager to meet you.
惠斯勒教授。哈罗德·惠斯勒。我叫贝丝·布里奇斯,你好。我一直热切地期盼着见你。
Oh?
是吗?
You're presenting the paper on precautionary principles in neuro-evolutionary decision-making systems.
你讲解的那篇论文,论证关于进化神经决策系统的预警原则。
Why, yes.
是的。
Every single conclusion you draw is completely and utterly wrong.
你的全部结论都大错特错。
Oh.
是吗。
You couldn't have written a paper that annoyed me more if you tried.
你就算之前故意写,都不可能把论文写得更让我恼怒。
"Ethics requires that we proceed slowly in predictive analytics," But what about innovation?
“道德伦理要求我们在预测分析方面放慢速度。”那创新呢?
Oh, you're a pro-actionist. Precautionary principles, Professor Bridges...
原来你是激进的行动主义者。预警原则,布里奇斯教授...
"Professor"? Please, I work for a living.
"教授"?拜托,我要工作糊口的。
Ms. Bridges, precautionary principles create the only possible framework when you consider the implications of neuro-evolutionary technologies.
布里奇斯女士,预警原则鉴于进化神经科技的影响构建的是唯一可行的框架。
People have a right to science.
人们有权要求科学进步。
And a right to responsible scientists.
也有权要求科学家有责任感。
I knew I was going to enjoy Hong Kong.
我就知道我会喜欢香港。
Reese, I've been looking at these police reports that Fusco sent over It's possible that suicide wasn't.
里瑟,我看了弗斯科发来的警方报告,有可能不是自杀。
I was afraid you'd say that.
我就怕你这么说。
Abel Mindler, truck driver, local company, got laid off a year back, lost everything.
亚伯·米德勒,本地公司的卡车司机。一年前被裁员,失去了一切。
Yeah, but people have offed themselves for less.
是啊,有人没这么惨还自杀呢。
That's what everyone assumed. Elaine even said her brother was depressed.
之前都是这么以为。埃琳还说她兄弟很抑郁。
But here's the thing-- according to the report, one hotel guest said that she heard loud male voices before Abel went all flying squirrel.
但问题是根据这份报告,酒店有位客人说当晚听到先有男性大呼小叫,然后亚伯才变身空中飞鼠。
And nobody followed it up?
没人跟这条线索?
The woman admitted she was drunk, and the cops didn't believe her.
那女的承认自己喝醉了,所以警察没信她。
But it's still possible Abel Mindler didn't die voluntarily.
不过仍有可能亚伯·米德勒并非自杀。
Whatever happened, Walter definitely knows something. That sim card he put in the burner phone belongs to Abel.
无论如何,沃尔特肯定知道些什么。他放进一次性手机里的手机卡是亚伯的。