1、turn off
驶离,离开(…路);转弯;拐入旁路
The truck turned off the main road along the gravelly track which led to the farm.
卡车驶离大路,沿着通向农场的碎石小道行进。
He turned off only to find he was trapped in a town square with no easy exit.
他转入岔路,却发现自己困在了一个难觅出口的市镇广场。
关上;关掉;截断,切断(…的供应)
The light's a bit too harsh. You can turn it off.
灯光有点太刺眼了。你可以把灯关掉。
I have to get up and turn off the radio.
我必须起床关上收音机。
使丧失兴趣
What turns teenagers off science and technology?
是什么使青少年对科学技术丧失了兴趣?
Teaching off a blackboard is boring, and undoubtedly turns people off.
照本宣科枯燥乏味,无疑会使人们丧失学习兴趣。
2、catch up
赶上;追上;跟上
I stopped and waited for her to catch up.
我停住脚步,等她追上来。
We caught up with the nuns.
我们赶上了修女们。
赶上,达到(标准、水平等)
Most late developers will catch up with their friends.
大多数身材发育迟缓者都会赶上他们的朋友。
John began the season better than me but I have fought to catch up.
赛季伊始,约翰的表现比我好,不过我经过努力追了上来。
牵扯进;卷入
The people themselves weren't part of the conflict; they were just caught up in it.
那些人本来和这场冲突不相干,他们只是被牵涉进去的。
Many African women, for reasons of poverty, get caught up in the drug trade.
许多非洲妇女为贫穷所迫堕入贩毒行业。