Tim: I remember the last time I saw you, it was the morning I left for college. And you were just standing outside the Dairy Queen.
我还记得最后一次看到你,在我离家去学校的那天早上,你当时站在Dairy Queen的外边。
Monica: Just probably waiting for it to open.
我可能是在等它开门。
Tim: I gotta tell you, you look great now.
你现在好漂亮。
Monica: You look great too.
你也很帅。
Tim: You're an excellent patient!
你真是个与众不同的病人!
Monica: So how does it look?
伤痕明显么?
Tim: Well, you've got a little scratch on your cornea, you're gonna have to wear a patch for a couple of days.
角膜上还有点伤,你得带个眼罩保护两三天。
Monica: Like a pirate? !
像海盗那样?
Tim: If that helps you.
如果你非要这么说的话。
Monica: Umm, so how long you've been working with your dad? Come on, one of us had to mention him.
你和你父亲一起工作多久了?别这样,咱俩总有一个要提起他。
Tim: I moved back here a couple of months ago.
我是2个月前搬回来的。
Monica: Big family dinner tonight?
晚上要家庭聚餐?
Tim: Uh.
额。
Monica: No way!
不是吧!
Tim: I was gonna have Thanksgiving at my girlfriend's.
我本来打算在女朋友家过感恩节的。
Monica: Oh.
哦。
Tim: But we broke up.
但我们分手了。
Monica: Oh?
啊?
Tim: She-she wasn't ready for a serious commitment.
她对恋爱本身态度并不严肃。
Monica: Oh. So you made her walk the plank? Guy-ah matey?
所以你把她从甲板上弄下去了是吧,水手?
Tim: You're not wearing the patch yet.
你还没戴眼罩呢。
Monica: I know.
我知道。
Ross: He's coming here for Thanksgiving?
他要来过感恩节?
Rachel: I know, it's sick.
我觉得这样不好。
Monica: Why is it sick?
有什么不好的?
Rachel: Because it's Richard's son! It's like inviting a Greek tragedy over for dinner!
因为他是瑞切德的儿子!简直是把希腊悲剧故事邀请来了。
Monica: Ok if it were Greek I would be blind in both eyes. Come on I like him because he's handsome and he's nice and smart and...handsome.
如果是希腊人,我会把两只眼睛都弄瞎,我喜欢他的英俊、体帖 聪明和,英俊。
Hey come on, Phoebe, you understand, don't you?
菲比,你了解吧?
Phoebe: Yeah, I can see why I'd be your best shot but, no. Sorry, I think it's twisted.
可以说是,但做为你好友就得说,不。对不起,但我认为你把事情弄乱了。
Ross: Yeah.
是的。
Joey: What's twisted?
什么事乱了?
Monica: Me going out with Richard's son.
我跟理查的儿子交往。
Joey: Ewwwww! ! Ew! Ew! Ew!
恶心!
Chandler: Sounds like a really bad idea to me.
听起来是不怎么样。
Rachel: Is he ok in there?
他在里面没事儿吧?
Joey: He's fine!
他很好!
Ross: Hey, you know, Mon, if things worked out between you and Richard's son, you'd be able to tell your kids, that you slept with their grandfather.
要是你和Richard的儿子真的成了,你就能对你们的孩子说你和他们的祖父上过床。
Monica: Fine! Judge all you want to but, married a lesbian, left a man at the altar, fell in love with a gay ice dancer, threw a girl's wooden leg in a fire, living in a box! !
好,我会考虑你们的话,不过和女同性恋结婚,在婚礼上逃跑,迷上滑冰舞的同性恋,把女伴的腿扔进火里,住在箱子里!
Rachel: So now, what exactly is the point of the box?
那么,这个箱子是什么用意?
Joey: Chandler?
钱德勒?
Chandler: The meaning of the box is threefold. One, it gives me the time to think about what I did.
箱子的用意有三点。一、在里面好好反思我的所作所为。
Two, it proves how much I care about my friendship with Joey. And three, it hurts!
二、说明我是多么在乎和Joey的友谊。三、很不舒服!
Rachel: And-and if he stays in the box you guys would be friends again?
他关在里面,你们就能和好?
Joey: Let's just say it's a start.
这是个开始。
Ross: Oh hey! Hey uh, you remember the necklace I gave you last year? Can I see it?
记得我去年送你的项链吗?可以给我看吗?
Rachel: Why?
为什么?
Ross: I just wanna check something.
我只是想看一下。
Rachel: Ok.
好。
Ross: Now, we'll see.
等着瞧吧。
Chandler: Air hole! Air hole! !
气孔!气孔!
Rachel: Here it is! I love it. I wear it all the time.
在这里,我很喜欢,我常戴。
Ross: The necklace I got you was gold, this is silver.
我送的是金项链,这是银的。
Rachel: Huh, well, maybe, it uh, it changed.
也许它,变了。
Ross: Oh my God! You actually exchanged it!
天哪,你真的拿去换。
Rachel: Well isn't it better that I exchanged it for something that I enjoy and that I can get a lot of use out of?
我把它换成我喜欢的,更有用的东西这样不好吗?
Ross: What did you get?
你换了什么?
Rachel: Credit.
银行存款。
Monica: I'll get it! I'll get it! I'll get it! I'll get it! I'll get it! I'll get it! I'll get it! I'll get it! I'll get it! I'll get it! Hi, Tim.
我来开我来开......嗨,提姆。
Tim: Hi.
嗨!
Monica: Thank you. Ok, come meet my friends. This is uh, Phoebe.
谢谢,来见我的朋友,这是菲比。
Tim: Hi, nice to meet you.
幸会。
Monica: And Joey.
这是乔伊。
Joey: Hey!
嗨。
Tim: Hi, Joey.
乔伊,你好。
Monica: My brother, Ross.
我哥哥罗斯。
Ross: Hey.
你好。
Monica: And Rachel. That's Chandler.
还有瑞秋,那是钱德勒。
Chandler: How do you do.
你好。
Tim: What's...
他怎么......
Monica: Umm, well, he's...
呃,他在......
Joey: He's doing some thinking!
他在反省。
Chandler: What happened? What happened? !
怎么了?怎么了?
Joey: You kissed my girlfriend!
你亲了我的女朋友。
Rachel: Ooh, I like those sunglasses.
欧,我喜欢那些太阳镜。
Ross: Like 'em, like 'em? Or, I'd like to get store credit for that amount like 'em?
喜欢它们?还是喜欢它们带来的存款?
Rachel: Va' fa Napoli!
Va' fa Napoli!
Monica: All right everybody, this turkey is ready!
各位,火鸡准备好了!
Tim: Where can I wash up?
哪里可以洗手?
Monica: Here, let me show you. Ok, the towels are hanging next to the sink, and umm, you can use the fancy soap.
这儿,我指给你看毛巾在水池旁边你能用那块特级肥皂。
Tim: Thank you.
谢谢。
Rachel: Fancy soap? I thought we were saving that for the Pope!
特级肥皂?我还以为是为教皇准备的。
Monica: See he's nice. Right?
他不错,是吧?
Phoebe: Yeah, but Monica, do you really wanna be in a relationship where you can actually use the phrase, "That's not how your dad used to do it."
是的,不过Monica,你是否想过发展下去你就能这么说话了“你父亲以前可不这么做”。
Tim: Wow! Everything looks great! Where should I sit?
看起来好好吃,我坐哪里?
Monica: I saved you a seat.
我帮你留了位置。
Rachel: Sick-sick-sick-sick.
变态变态变态变态。
Phoebe: Oh, I'll get it.
我来开门。
Chandler: Gotcha!
上当了!
Joey: That doesn't sound like thinking to me!
这不像是在为我反思!
Chandler: Sorry!
对不起!
Joey: You know I don't think you should be talking at all in there! I think you got too much thinking to do to be talking and making jokes!
我可不认为你应该说话,反思那么多事情你应该没空说话和开玩笑!
Chandler: Ok, ok, you got it!
好,好,遵命。
Rachel: Ross, can you pass me the yams?
罗斯,把蕃薯给我好吗?
Ross: Sure! Oh, and Joey's got the mashed potatoes if you want to exchange them.
当然!乔伊还有土豆泥,如果你想和他换的话。
Rachel: Will you stop? ! What is the matter with you? !
别说这个了好吗?你到底怎么了?
Monica: Oh-ho-ho, we've got company.
我们有同伙了。
Ross: There's nothing the matter with me. See, I'm not completely devoid of sentiment, see, I have feelings.
我没什么事儿,可我不缺乏情感,我有感受的。
Rachel: Ok, fine.
好,很好。
Chandler: You can't tell, but I'm trying to break the tension by mooning you guys!
你们都哑巴了吧,我在这儿来缓解一下气氛。
Joey: All right, look! If this is just a big joke to you, then forget about it, all right? ! This means something to me!
如果这对你来说是个玩笑,那么把它忘了吧,好吗?这对我不是玩笑。
And if it doesn't mean anything to you, then you should get out of there, otherwise you're just an idiot in a box!
你要是觉得无所谓,那你马上走,除非你是个愿意呆在箱子里的傻瓜。
Chandler: You're right, I'm sorry! This-this means a lot to me! I want you to be my friend again! I swear, I won't say another word tonight.
你说的对,我错了!这事对我很重要,我要让你重新成为我的朋友,我发誓,今晚不再说一个字了。
Joey: So are you gonna start taking this thing seriously?
那么你打算严肃对待了?
Chandler: Absolutely!
没错!
Joey: That sounds like another word to me! Are you gonna take this seriously? Ok.
又说话了!你打算严肃对待了吗?好。
Rachel: Don't say that I have no sentiment! This is a movie stub from our first date!
不要说我没有情感,这电影票根是我们第一次约会时的。
This is an eggshell from the first time you made me breakfast in bed!
蛋壳是你第一次为我做早点时的。
This is from the museum the first time we...were together.
这个是从博物馆拿的第一次我们,在一起的时候。
Ok, maybe I exchange gifts sometimes, but I keep the things that matter!
也许我是常把礼物换掉但我留下了有意义的!
Ross: I don't know what to say, I'm sorry. Though, you're not supposed to take these.
不知道该说什么好,对不起。不过,你不该把这个拿走。
It's like a million years old, we, we actually, we have people looking for that.
它有差不多百万年的历史事实上,我们还派人去找过。
Tim: Hey...mind if I smoke?
我可以抽烟吗?
Monica: Care if I die? No. I'm just kidding. I'm just kidding. Go ahead and smoke. Ooh, this always happens.
担心我会死吗?开玩笑的,你抽吧。老是会卡住。
Tim: Here, let me help.
让我来。
Monica: Thank you.
谢谢。
Tim: You-you have a very beautiful...eye.
你的眼睛,很漂亮。
Monica: You know all my friends think this is weird.
我朋友都觉得这样很怪。
Tim: Even the one in the box?
包括箱子里那个?
Monica: It's not weird, is it?
这样不会很怪吧?
Tim: You know I-I thought it was gonna be weird, I mean I almost called and canceled, but it really isn't.
我也这么想过,我甚至要打电话说我不来了,但是事实上挺好。
Monica: I know! I mean it's like me and your dad, that's a totally separate thing.
我的意思是咱们现在和我与你父亲的过去完全是两码事。
Tim: Oh, I totally agree.
我完全同意。
Monica: I mean, we're just two people who find each other very attractive. Right?
我们只是两个喜欢上对方的人对吗?
Tim: What?
怎么了?
Monica: Nothing. Nothing.
没事,没事。
Tim: No-no really, was-was that not ok?
真的,吻的不好?
Monica: No-no-no that was good, it was, that was uh, that was a goood kiss...
不不不,很好那是个,呃,甜蜜的吻......
Tim: Oh my God! It didn't remind you of...
天哪!它让你想到......
Monica: Oh don't say it!
别说了!
Tim: No, but it did! Didn't it? !
但是有,对吧?
Monica: Yeah!
对!
Tim: Oh man! !
哦,天啊!!
Monica: I know!
我知道!
Monica: Oh my god. I am sorry, I am. .so sorry.
对不起,我真的很抱歉。
Tim: It's ok. I mean, it wouldn't be Thanksgiving without a little emotional scarring.
没关系,少了感情纠葛就不叫感恩节。
Monica: Oh. You know what's even worse? My friends were right.
更糟的是,我朋友说得对。
Tim: You know what the worst thing is for me, is that you actually remind me of a younger version of...my mom.
最糟的是,我觉得你就像年轻的我妈。
Joey: I'll get it.
我来开。
Kathy: Oh.
哦。
Joey: Hey.
嘿。
Kathy: Hey. Listen, I want you to know how sorry I am...
听着,我真的很抱歉......
Joey: That's ok. Chandler's the one I'm mad at so-
没关系,我气的是钱德。
Kathy: Well, I'm-I'm still sorry. Is he here?
我还是很抱歉,他在吗?
Joey: In the box.
在箱子里。
Kathy: Chandler?
钱德勒?
Phoebe: Oh, he-he can't talk right now.
哦,他现在不能说话。
Kathy: Why not? What's going on?
为什么?怎么了?
Phoebe: Well he's-he's trying to show Joey how much he means to him.
他想表示他很重视乔伊。
Kathy: By being in a box?
所以窝在箱子里?
Rachel: Joey had reasons.
乔伊有他的理由。
Phoebe: They were threefold.
有三重意义。
Kathy: Oh. Well uh, you not being able to talk might actually make this, easier. Listen umm...
你不能讲话,这样倒也好,听着......
Kathy: Listen, I don't wanna be someone who comes between two best friends.
我不想当一个搅乱两个好朋友的人。
I just, I can't stand seeing what this is doing to you guys, and I don't wanna be the cause of that.
我真不忍心看到会发生在你们身上的事情,也不想是因为我。
So, I don't think we can see each other anymore. I'm gonna go to my mom's, in Chicago, I'm gonna stay there for a while.
所以,我想我们还是不要见面了,我要去我妈妈家,在芝加哥,待一阵子。
Kathy: I think this could've be something really amazing, but you know this is probably for the best. You know?
这么做是让人感到惊讶,但你知道这样是最好的解决办法你知道么?
Kathy: I'm gonna miss you. Goodbye, Chandler.
我会想你的,再见,钱德勒。
Joey: Open the box! !
打开箱子吧!!
Rachel: What? !
什么?
Joey: He can still catch her! Come on, get out of there! Get outta there!
他还追得上她,快出来啦。
Chandler: So?
所以?
Joey: Yeah, we're gonna be fine! Get out!
我们没事啦,出来啦。
Chandler: Yeah?
真的?
Joey: Yeah, you did some real good thinking in there.
对,你好好反省过了。
Chandler: Man, this is...
哥们,这......
Joey: Now go! 'Cause you can still catch her! And Merry Christmas from your Secret Santa!
赶紧走!你还能追上她!圣诞快乐!
Joey: All right, who got Chandler? 'Cause I uh, need to trade.
谁抽到钱德?我要换。
Rachel: Oh, he sees her!
他看到她了。
Monica: Oh, he's catching up to her!
他在追她。
Phoebe: Oh, she sees him! Oh, they're hugging!
她看见他了!他们抱在一起了!
Ross: He's taking her purse!
他在拿她的钱包!
Joey: Uhh, that's not them. I'm gonna go call the police.
不是他们,我得去叫警察。
Phoebe: Oh, there they are!
他们在那儿!
Phoebe: All right, get a room.
快去开房间吧。