Previously on 'Boston Legal'
前情提要
You know why she dumped me? Because I'm a lousy kisser.
知道她为何甩了我么,因为我接吻很糟糕
Maybe you could use some...
也许你可以用一些...
pointers.
技巧
We had sex.
我们上床了
Yes.
是的
Mr. Mkeba was only attacking Armus in revenge.
Mkeba先生袭击Armus先生只是报复
Jerry...
杰里...
My first trial, and I blew it!
我的第一次庭审,我搞砸了!
I've never been involved in a case that was going as badly as this one.
我从来没卷入如此棘手的案件
So what do we do?
我们该怎么办
You could run.
你可以逃跑
Do you have any evidence that Mr. Shore is hiding Mr. Mkeba?
你有证据证明肖尔先生,藏匿了Mkeba先生么
Not yet.
还没有
Sorry I'm late, good people.
抱歉我迟到了,大家都好啊
Edwin. Everything all right?
埃德温,一切都好么
Hunky-dory.
好极了
Hunky-dory.
好极了
Did he escape?
他逃出来了?
He did not. He was released.
不是,他被放出来了
Are we to assume that he's recovered?
我们假设他康复了?
We are.
是的
Gentle, soothing tones, no sudden movements. We don't want to startle him.
用温和的,平静的语气,不要有突然的动作,不要吓到他
Bonjour, Mes Amis. Edwin Poole is back.
Bonjour Mes Amis,埃德温?普尔回来了
Edwin, welcome back.
埃德温,欢迎回来
Shirley
雪莉.
Edwin
埃德温.
Paul
保罗.
Edwin
埃德温.
Brad
布拉德.
I'm glad to see you're...
很高兴看到你...
Well?
好了?
Well... yes.
好了...是的
Shirley, this is for you.
雪莉,这是给你的
What is it?
什么东西
It's a signed, certified letter from New Beginnings
这是New Beginnings签署的证明文件
stating that I am 100% mentally healthy.
证明我的精神100%健康
How lovely. You had it framed.
真可爱,你还装了框
That would make you the only certifiably sane person here.
这使你成为这唯一的,能证明是健康的人
Oh, my God!
哦,我的天啊!
Edwin Poole
埃德温?普尔 .
Denny Crane
丹尼?克兰.
Name on the door.
门上的名字
Mine, too.
也有我的
Crane...
克兰...
Poole and...
普尔和...
Schmidt!
施密特!
Man, you look great. Still mental?
好家伙,你看上去很好,还有精神问题?
Over it. You?
早好了,你呢
Never. Mad cow. Denny Crane.
有,疯牛病,丹尼?克兰
Edwin Poole
埃德温?普尔.
Crane...
克兰...
Poole and...
普尔和...
Schmidt!
施密特!
Take a picture.
给我们照张相
So, Edwin... is the plan to come back full-time?
那,埃德温...打算回来全职工作么
Big-time.
一流的工作
I'm coming back big-time.
我回来进行一流的工作
Shirley...
雪莉...
I must admit, during my many long nights at the laughing academy,
我必须承认,在laughing academy那么多个夜晚
as I lay in bed in want...
当我躺在床上想着...
Oh, yeah... it helped to think of all those times you and I were...
哦,是的...想着那些事很有帮助,那是我和你...
carnal.
在床上的时候
We were never carnal.
我们从没上过床
But it helped to think of it just the same.
但那也一样有帮助
Edwin
埃德温.
I would... yeah?
我会...什么?
It's important to take things slow at first.
开始时悠着点很重要
No worries.
别担心
It's not lost on me how the world is moving too fast these days.
如今世界飞转也没让我晕头转相
Everyone on their PDAs, their cell phones, competition,
每个在用PDA的,打手机的人
overworked, underpaid, running, running, running.
竞争,超负荷工作,过低的薪水,冲啊,冲啊,冲啊
I was just the first one to react to the artificial way we're living.
我只是对我们生活的虚假方式,反应最快的人
The canary in the coalmine.
矿井里的金丝雀
The sensitive one.
敏感的那一个
Um, this is Phil Mickle. He's here to hook up your computer.
呃,这是菲尔?米克尔 ,他来帮你装电脑的
Good God. Will you look at the size of that?
老天,瞧瞧他那体型
Phil, you remember Edwin.
菲尔你还记得埃德温么
The sensitive one.
敏感的那一个
Okay, look, I paid my taxes.
好吧,听着,我交了税了
So whatever this is about, I did not do it.
不管这次是什么事,都和我无关
We're looking for Alan Shore, please.
我们是来找艾伦?肖尔的
Alan. Men with guns, again. Alan
又是带枪的人
It wasn't me.
不是找我的
What's going on?
什么事?
Alan Shore?
艾伦?肖尔?
It depends.
看情况
You're under arrest.
你被逮捕了
Arrest for what?
什么抓我?
Aiding and abetting a fugitive.
帮助并教唆逃逸
Obstruction of justice and conspiracy to aid a defendant to avoid prosecution.
妨碍司法公正,参与协助被告逃避检控程序
You just described anyone who's ever given money to Tome Delay.
你是指任何曾给Tome Delay钱的人
Oh, please put your hands behind your back.
哦,请你把手背到身后
Do I have to? It makes me feel so pretentious.
必须这样么?这会让我看上去太自命不凡
Alan, please don't joke. They don't... look funny. Alan
别开玩笑了,他们不是...好玩的
You have the right to remain silent.
你有权保持沉默
Must you?
一定要说一遍么
I'll waive reading.
我放弃被告之的权利
I... I'll get you a lawyer.
我...我会给你找个律师的
Evidently, he advised a client to flee the country.
显然,他建议一个当事人逃出境
Told him to go where?
让他去哪?
Nimmo bay.
Nimmo湾(在加拿大的温哥华岛上)
The arraignment's at 10:00.
传讯10点开始
Which I'll handle.
我来处理
Which you won't.
这个你不行
He asked for me, Shirley.
他要求由我来,雪莉
We better call the managing partners and present is to them
我最好召开管理层会议告诉他们
before they hear it on the news.
而不是让他们从新闻得知
But it doesn't make sense.
这说不通
I don't date men at the office.
我不和办公室里的人约会
Stupid.
真傻
Well, just the same...
我也这么觉得...
Look, in order for relations to be as compatible as they were, two people...
听着,为了使关系更和谐,两个人应该...
Okay, let me just stop you right there.
好了,就此打住吧
Any man that I would be with,
我会和他在一起的人
he would use the word "sex".
会用"上床"这个字眼
He would never say "relations," and certainly not to describe what we did.
他绝不会用"关系"这词,当然也不会去描述我们做了什么
Come on, Brad. We were like a couple of wild apes.
别这样,布拉德,我们像一对野人
Exactly. If you're so quick to measure a man by a kiss,
的确如此,如果仅通过一个吻,太快去衡量一个男人
why not attach a little bit on weight to his ability to intercourse?
为何不再衡量下他的交流能力呢
I don't want to sue.
我不想打官司
Stop making it about you.
别再这么对自己说了
I need to sue.
我需要打官司
I need to make money for this firm. For that I need a victim.
我需要为这公司赚钱,所以我需要一个受害人
But I'm not a victim.
可我不是受害人
Of course you are, Paul.
你当然是,保罗
Phil...
菲尔...
You're gigantic.
你是个巨人
Something has gone amiss here. People simply do not grow this large.
这其中肯定有问题,一般人不会长成这样
For God's sake, you need to blame somebody.
看在上帝的份上,你需要怪罪某些人
This is America!
这就是美国!
42444, The Commonwealth vs. Alan Shore. Aiding and abetting...
编号42444州诉艾伦?肖尔,帮助并教唆...
Waive reading, judge. The charges depress me.
放弃被宣告的权利,法官法人,指控让我沮丧
Douglas Kupfer representing the Commonwealth, your Honor.
Douglas Kupfer代表州的控方律师,法官大人
Well, well, well, not it all makes sense.
现在,一切都清楚了
Denny Crane for the defense. Glad to be back, judge.
丹尼·克兰辩方律师,很高兴回到这,法官大人
What's going on here?
这是怎么了?
Last week, he was in here defending you.
上周,他在这为你辩护
Yes, judge. He gets me off, I get him off.
是的,法官大人,他救我,我救他
We're flamingos.
我们是火烈鸟
Don't ask, don't tell.
别问,别说
Silence.
肃静
Your Honor, they've already started making a farce out of this matter.
法官大人,他们已经在上演闹剧了
You made the farce by bringing the charges.
你的指控才是闹剧呢
Silence. Mr. Shore, you are the defendant.
肃静,肖尔先生,你是被告
I don't want to hear another poop out of you.
我不想听到,另一个人和你吵到精疲力尽
How do you plead?
你认罪么
Not guilty by reason of the district attorney's insanity.
无罪,因为地方检控官精神错乱
All right, then. We'll schedule...
好吧,那,我们将定在...
that's not a real plea.
那不是正式的认罪
Not guilty, then.
不认罪
Do you wish a trial?
你希望接受庭审么
If it's not too much trouble. Speedy.
如果不麻烦的话,越快越好
The Commonwealth stands ready, your Honor.
州代表方准备好了,法官大人
Bail?
保释么?
I ask to be released on my own recognizance.
我要求取保候审
I assure you I will not flee.
我保证我不会逃跑
No objection.
不反对
Fine. ROR is granted.
好的,同意取保候审
We'll resume at 10:00 tomorrow. We're adjourned.
明天10点继续审理,休庭
This is a happy day.
真是高兴的日子
Yes. People like you always bring themselves down, Mr. Shore.
是的,像你这样的人总使自己沮丧,肖尔先生
And just in case we don't, we've got you.
万一我们不行,不是还有你嘛
You're a diabetic?
你是糖尿病患者?
Yeah.
是的
So you are a victim. We can sue.
那你是受害者了,我们可以打官司了
Brother.
兄弟
Congratulations. You have a real disease.
恭喜你,你有真正的疾病
We'll file in the morning. This is wonderful, Phil.
早上我们会提出诉讼申请,这太棒了,菲尔
I'm gonna make you a very rich man.
我让你成为有钱人
Edwin, you... you can't sue a disease.
埃德温,你...你不能起诉一种疾病
But he has it, Shirley. The man's a diabetic. I mean...
可他病了,雪莉,这个人有糖尿病,我是说...
But you can not file a lawsuit against diabetes. That's a disease.
可你不能因为糖尿病而提起诉讼,那是一种疾病
It's not... But there are foundations, okay?
它不是...可不是有一个基金会么
What about the American Diabetes Association? That's a deep pocket.
美国糖尿病协会?那多有钱啊
We go after them.
就起诉他们
The American Diabetes Association is trying to cure it.
美国糖尿病协会是为了,寻求治愈方法的机构
They don't cause it.
他们不是造成糖尿病的原因
So they'll settle out of court. Trust me. They all pay to avoid a trial.
所以他们会庭外和解,相信我,为了避免庭审,他们愿意给钱
Edwin, you seemed less crazy with your pants down.
埃德温,你没有不穿裤子那时疯了
Thank you.
谢谢
I don't think you're ready to resume the practice of law.
我认为你还没准备好打官司
What do you mean?
什么意思
I have no defense, Denny. I broke the law.
我没什么可辩护的,丹尼,我犯了法
So?
所以?
So usually in these situations, I go with jury nullification...
所以通常这样的情况,我会向陪审团提出审判无效
persuade the jury to focus on the moral, not the legal.
劝说陪审团关注道德,而不是法律
But here, it makes no difference.
可这次,没什么不同
What I did was unethical, immoral, illegal.
我做的事缺乏职业道德,也不道德,更不合法
You're being so negative.
你变得消极了
I need you to close.
我需要你去结案陈词
What do you mean?
什么意思
I'll try the case, but at the end,
我会尽力去辩护,但最后
I need somebody else to stand before the jury
我需要别人去站在陪审团面前
and say, "Let the man go".
说"放过这个人吧"
And you want me to do that?
你要我去?
There was a day when all you had to do was say your name.
曾有一天,你所要做的只是说出你的名字
That's still all I do.
那还是我要做的全部
Denny... I find in life, and I know you must,
丹尼...我发现这一真谛
that craft doesn't matter so much if one is a big enough star.
如果某人足够大牌的明星,那演技就不太重要了
You've spent your entire life getting away with
你花了一生的时间去远离本来的你
who and what you are because you're a star.
因为你是一个明星
Big star. I blow solar flares outta my ass.
大明星,我的屁股都会发出太阳耀斑
I need your star power here.
我需要你明星的力量
I need you stand up before that jury when we're done,
我们完成了, 我要你站在陪审团面前
and tell them, "Let Alan Shore Go".
告诉他们,"让艾伦?肖尔走吧"
Really?
真的么
I have a gut feeling it's my best shot.
我有预感这是我表现得最好的一次
Let him go.
让他走吧
Denny Crane
丹尼?克兰.
I'll do it.
交给我吧
They have offered me two years if I testify against you.
他们提出服2年的刑期,条件是作不利于你的供词
Two years for attempted murder.
谋杀未遂判2年
Yes And you took it. -
是的,-你接受了
I have a family. Alan... I am so sorry.
我还有家人,艾伦...很抱歉
That's all right, son.
没事的,孩子
You look at me.
你看着我
Denny We know where your family lives.
丹尼,我们知道你家在哪
Mr. Mkeba, you'd be insane not to take that deal.
Mkeba先生,如你不接受才是疯了
All I can say to you is that if you plan to tell the truth,
我想说的是,如果你打算说出真相的话
which I think you should. Please tell it exactly.
我也认为你应该这么做,请你一定如实相告
Try not to misquote me.
不要尝试错误的引导我
Because we know you...
因为我们知道你...
Denny
丹尼.
Well, I guess we'll see you in court.
我猜我们要在法庭见了
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
You should've let me break him.
你应该让我打垮他
You were breaking me.
你在打垮我
Alan
艾伦.
Jerry
杰里.
I'm so sorry.
我很抱歉
Don't tell me you've turned quisling.
别告诉我你出卖了我们
It's all my fault.
都是我的错
If I hadn't screwed up the case, you never would've advised him to flee.
如果我没有搞砸那案子,你就不会建议他逃走
I feel so terribly responsible.
我太内疚了
Jerry, I made the decision to do what I did here.
杰里我决定要怎么做了
As such, I take full responsibility.
比如,我会承担全部的责任
Good God, man. Nobody does that.
上帝啊,没人会那么做的
I have done it. I have cracked the case.
我搞定了,我找到了案子的关键了
I'll assume, for the sake of argument, one cannot sue diabetes.
我假设,从论点上,不能起诉糖尿病
Thank you.
谢谢
Better to sue the cause of the disease, the proximate cause.
起诉导致糖尿病的原因更好
Now there's lawyer talk.
这才是一个律师说的话
Thank you.
谢谢
So I sat down with Pete last night.
所以我昨晚和Pete谈了谈
Phil.
是菲尔
Right. And I went over his diet, going way back to when he was a child.
对,我查看了他的食谱,追溯到他的童年
Together, we dissected his eating habits, which... ha ha.
加起来,我们详细分析了他的饮食习惯,那个...哈哈
So I think we found it. We found the cause of his diabetes.
我认为我们找到了,我们找到了他得糖尿病的原因
High fructose corn syrup. We're filing today.
高果糖玉米糖浆,我们今天就提出诉讼申请
You're suing corn syrup.
你要起诉玉米糖浆
Yes, the makers of it.
是的,它的制造商
Do the makers of corn syrup market directly to the public?
玉米糖浆的制造者,目标市场是公众么
Well, no. But I, I, I don't see how...
那,不,可我,我,我,我不明白...
all right.
好吧
You're a partner.
你是合伙人
You're a hypocrite.
你是伪君子
You lecture me on not being able to express my feelings.
你教我不要去表达自己的感觉
Meanwhile, you keep your bottle up like one of Denny's kidney stones.
同时,你像丹尼的肾结石那样压抑自己
Uh, you're touching me. That's battery.
呃,你碰到我了,那是攻击
We had sex.
我们上床了
Happy?
高兴了?
I said the word.
我说了那个字眼
I am 34 years old. When I meet a man, I think long term.
我34岁了,当我遇到一个男人,我想将来
"Is he potentially the father of my children?"
"他有可能是我孩子的父亲么"
You're not. Every now and again, I'll think, "what the hell,"
你不是,时不时,我会想,"管他呢"
"have some fun in the short term".
"曾经快乐就行"
But not with somebody from the office.
但不是和办公室里的人
Too messy. Too complicated.
太难缠,太复杂
You should know better.
你应该更清楚
He never told me he advised Mr. Mkeba to flee the jurisdiction.
他从没告诉我,他建议Mkeba逃离管辖区域
He did not. He did not.
他没有,他没有
Okay, okay.
好的,好的
Well, after Mr. Mkeba did flee,
那在Mkeba先生逃走之后
did the defendant indicate to you in any other way
被告有没有暗示你
that he might have proffered this advice?
他可能提供了这个建议
Nope. No, no, no.
没有,没有,没有,没有
Well, then can you tell us, Mr. Espenson, why after Mr. Shore was arrested,
那你告诉大家,埃斯彭逊先生,为何之后肖尔先生被逮捕了呢
did you come racing to me to say it was all your fault
你是来说服我,肖尔先生让当事人逃跑
that Mr. Shore told the client to run?
这都是你的错?
What I said was,
我说的是
if Mr. Shore gave such advice and I have no knowledge that he did...
如果肖尔先生给了那样的建议,而我并不知情...
it was my fault since I had so totally screwed up Mr. Mkeba's trial,
那就是我的错,因为是我彻底搞砸了Mkeba的审讯
leaving him no option but to run.
让他除了逃跑别无选择
Mr. Espenson, do you typically take responsibility
埃斯彭逊先生,你很喜欢,为别人做过的事承担责任么
for what other do even when you think they haven't done it?
即使你认为他们没做过?
Nothing further.
没有问题了
Denny, not now. The closing.
丹尼,不是现在,等到结案陈词
No questions.
没问题了
The truth is, we could sue the soft drink manufacturers
事实上,我们可以起诉软饮料制造商
and the wheat and corn growers and the makers of all those sugary cereals.
小麦和玉米的种植者,和所有那些甜食的制造者
We could even, perhaps, sue the federal government for not regulating these foods...
我们甚至,也许,起诉联邦政府不管制这些食物...
Did you know about this?
你知道这事么
Of course not.
当然不知道
We need to contact his doctor, find out what the hell is going on.
我们需要联系他的医生,看看他到底怎么了
Start with L'il Jimmey's Yum Dingers because this is what Bob...
先从L'il Jimmey的Yum Dingers开始,因为这是Bob...
Phil.
是菲尔
Phil Mickle grew up eating more than anything else.
菲尔?米克尔 成长时吃得最多的
My client has been...
我的当事人已经...
He's suing a snack cake?
他要起诉点心蛋糕?
...consuming three packages of these delicious treats
...自从他5岁起每天都吃掉
every day of his life since he was 5 years old.
3包这样的美味小吃
And we are going to prove that they are as deadly as cigarettes.
而我们会证明它们和香烟一样有害
Did you see that turnout?
你看到那么多人了么
It'll be on every network news tonight.
今晚每个电视新闻都会报道的
Edwin Poole is back. You know what?
埃德温?普尔回来了,知道么?
It's a niche, Shirley. I can feel it.
这是个机会,雪莉,我能感觉到
I'm gonna be the lawyer who brings down big sugar.
我将会成为告倒大糖果公司的律师
Edwin
埃德温.
Yeah?
什么事?
Have a seat.
请坐
Okay.
好吧
Edwin
埃德温.
You just sued the Lillian Corporation.
你刚才要起诉Lillian公司
And it feels good.
而这感觉不错
You called their snack cakes poison, deadlier than cigarettes.
你称他们的点心蛋糕是毒药,比香烟更毒
I stand behind it.
我支持这一点
They could sue you, Edwin, and us.
他们可以告你,埃德温,还有我们
Oh, stop it.
哦,打住
Don't be silly. I have qualified immunity.
别傻了,我有豁免权
Only for what you say in court.
只有当你在庭上说时才有效
That immunity does not extend to press conferences, Edwin.
豁免权不能包括记者招待会,埃德温
You just accused the world's largest vertically integrated conglomerate of selling poison.
你刚指控世上最大最顶尖的联合企业,销售毒药
And you did it in your capacity as a lawyer of this law firm.
而你是在你作为律师的公司里说的
They brought a motion to dismiss,
他们提出了驳回指控的动议
and they've counterclaimed for defamation.
他们已经起诉我们诽谤了
Now we're the target.
现在我们是目标了
They didn't waste any time.
他们动作真快
They're also deposing Phil this morning.
今早他们也已经向菲尔取了证词
What about notice?
正式通知呢?
I waived it in the hopes of getting them in the room today.
我放弃了,希望换来和谈
If we agree to dismiss Phil's claim,
如果我们同意撤消菲尔的索赔
maybe I can get them to drop the suit against us.
也许我能让他们放弃对我们的起诉
And this whole thing will go away.
这事就能解决了
Now how do we get Edwin to go away?
那我们怎么解决埃德温呢
Let's just deal with this case first, then we'll turn to Edwin.
让我们先处理这案子吧,然后再到埃德温
Mr. Shore informed me that we would lose the trial,
肖尔先生告诉我,我们可能会输掉官司
and that I would be convicted.
我将会被宣告有罪
Of attempted murder?
企图谋杀?
Yes.
是的
What else did Mr. Shore say, Mr. Mkeba?
肖尔先生还说了什么么,Mkeba先生
He told me that perhaps my only option at avoiding prison was to run,
他告诉我可能,唯一不用坐牢的选择就是逃跑
but as a member of the bar, he could not advise me to do so.
但作为律师公会会员,他不会建议我那么做
Now you interpreted Mr. Shore's statement
那你理解肖尔先生的话
to mean that you should flee the jurisdiction?
是让你逃离管辖区域?
Objection. Leading.
反对,误导证人
Sustained.
反对有效
How did you interpret Mr. Shore's statement?
那你怎么理解肖尔先生的话
And I would remind you, sir, you are under oath.
我要提醒你,先生,你已经宣过誓了
I guess I felt that if he were in my shoes, he would run.
我猜意思是,如果他是我,他会跑
But as a lawyer, he was not allowed to advise me to do so.
但作为一名律师,他不被允许那么建议我
Yes, and as a result of this communication with Mr. Shore, what did you do?
是的,和肖尔先生交流之后,你做了什么
I fled to Canada.
我逃到加拿大
You were captured and brought back?
你被抓住并遣返回来?
Yes.
是的
Thank you, sir.
谢谢
Denny, not until the close.
丹尼,还没到结案陈词
So, Mr. Mkeba, as I understand it,
那么,Mkeba先生,正如我理解的
I specifically told you I could not advise you to run?
我明确的告诉你我不能建议你逃跑?
That's correct.
是的
Nothing further.
没问题了
Mr. Kupfer?
Kupfer先生?
The prosecution rests, your Honor.
可以休庭了,法官大人
The witness is excused.
证人可以离开了
Your Honor, at this time, the defense moves for a directed verdict of not guilty.
法官大人,辩方要求直接裁定无罪
The prosecution has failed to make a case.
因为诉讼过程没能举出一个论据
Denied.
拒绝
Fine, then we'd like to call our first witness.
好吧,那我想请出我们第一位证人
Ladies and gentlemen... ADA Douglas Kupfer.
女士们先生们...有请ADA Douglas Kupfer
You can't call him.
你不能传讯他
It's not unprecedented, your Honor,
这不是没有先例的,法官大人
especially when defense goes to bias. The only reason I'm on trial...
尤其是当控方对被告有偏见时,这也是我在这的唯一原因...
Objection.
反对
Sustained.
反对有效
Mr. Shore, the court instructed you not to poop.
肖尔先生,法庭告诉过你不要捣乱
Beside, judge.
请求近距离说话,法官大人
The only reason I'm on trial is him.
我要受审的唯一原因就是他
I should be allowed to cross-examine him on motive.
我应该被允许对他的动机进行交叉询问
My courtroom will not be turned into a sideshow. I told you...
我的法庭不会变成杂耍表演场,我告诉过你...
Your Honor, I have no problem testifying.
法官大人,我可以出庭做供
In fact, since Mr. shore rang the bias bell in front of the jury,
事实上,自从肖尔先生在陪审团面前,打出偏见这张牌
I'd appreciate the chance to refute the attack.
我很乐意有机会去反驳他
It is highly unorthodox...
这是很不合规矩的
Yes, but as Mr. Shore pointed out, not unprecedented.
是的,可正如肖尔先生指出的,也不是没有先例
Your Honor, let just do this. Let the, uh, defendant take his shot.
法官大人,就这么办吧,让被告自打嘴巴吧
Ah...
呃
I think if we agree to withdraw the case
我想在产生大量的律师费之前
now before generating massive attorney fees...
如果我们同意撤消案件
It's a little late to be singing "Let's call the whole thing off," Ms. Schmidt.
Schmidt女士,要唱"让一切结束吧"有点晚了吧
Your colleague declared us to be poison manufacturers to the whole world.
你的同事向全世界宣告,我们是毒药的生产者
Which he regrets.
他已经后悔这么做了
I do. It was all my idea.
是的,这都是我的主意
Yes, well, if only contrition could make us whole.
是的,假如后悔就能使我们毫发无伤
We have assembled to conduct Mr. Mickle's deposition.
我们已经收集了Mickle先生的证词
You waived notice. I see...
你放弃了正式通知,我明白...
Look, if this goes forward, it will only bring more publicity to an idea that...
听着,如果继续下去的话,只会让更多的公众认为...
Mr. Mickle is not the first overweight person
米克尔先生不是第一个把他的肥胖
to pin the responsibility for his obesity on us.
归咎于我们的超重的人
We look at it as test case.
我们把它当作试验案件
Now, should we proceed with the deposition, or should we take a break for a snack?
现在,我们应该继续取证,或者应该休息下吃个点心?
Let's dismiss and then pay court costs.
让我们撤消起诉,支付法庭费用吧
I don't want to settle.
我不想妥协
Phil, if they go after you for defamation...
菲尔,如果他们非要起诉你的诽谤...
They already are.
他们已经在做了
The fight is on.
这一仗要继续打
So how would you describe me to your friends?
你怎么能把我描述成你的朋友?
I'm curious.
我很好奇
I really don't see what difference that would make.
我真不明白那有什么不同
I'd like to know.
我想知道
Brad
布拉德.
I'd like to know, please.
我想知道,说吧
Okay. Well, um...
好吧,呃...
I guess I would describe you as, uh...
我想我会形容你作,呃...
Buzz Light-year.
巴斯光年(一个卡通人物)
You thing I'm Buzz Lightyear?
你认为我是巴斯光年?
You're very military.
你很军事化
Brad, my idea of how to wind down after a tough day is to pour a glass of wine,
布拉德,我觉得在辛苦了一天之后,最好是倒上一杯酒
light a candle and get into a hot bubble bath with my partner.
点上蜡烛,和我的另一半浸个泡泡浴
Can you ever see yourself doing that?
你能想像你会那么做么?
Well, it's just alcohol and extreme temperatures.
那只是酒精和高温而已
We're complete opposites.
我们完全不同
You know that. Come on.
你知道的,别这样了
You haven't the slightest idea of who I am.
你完全不了解我
I'm not saying I got fat only because of L'il Jimmey's.
我不是说因为,吃了L'il Jimmey的食物才胖的
I ate the bad cereals, soda pops, brownies, cookies.
我还吃不健康的谷物,汽水,布朗尼蛋糕,饼干
I've had a sweet tooth since I was 2.
我从2岁起喜欢吃甜食
Yes, but L'il Jimmey's is the only one that you're suing.
是的,可L'il Jimmey是你唯一起诉的
Well, I was addicted to them.
我对它们上瘾
You know, whenever I had sugar low
你知道,只要我感觉吃得糖少了
or I was feeling depressed, uh, I'd eat... eat a box of them.
或感觉沮丧,呃,我就吃...吃上一箱的
And that's what caused your diabetes?
那就是你得糖尿病的原因
She's a skinny.
她真是个瘦子
Phil
菲尔.
No, I... I know the way skinnies think of fat people.
不,我...我知道瘦人怎么看待胖人
And diabetics, like lung cancer victims and smokers,
糖尿病患者,好比肺癌受害者和烟民
"We did it to ourselves," right?
"我们自作自受"对么?
Well, I didn't eat three boxes a day.
我可没有一天吃掉三盒
Did you read the labels on those boxes, Mr. Mickle?
你读了盒上的标签么,Mickle先生
Did you see the calorie count? Were you able to perform basic math?
你看到热量的总数么?你会不会基本的算术呢?
I was addicted, thin mint.
我上瘾了,巧克力面小蛋糕
All right.
好了
Let the record reflect that he called me food.
从纪录里瞧瞧他称为食物的东西
A cookie, no less.
一个饼干不少
Ms. Marino, you've been rude.
马里诺女士,你很无礼
And I might also point out that we are not the first people
我也要指出,我们不是第一个把
to connect junk food with diabetes.
垃圾食品和糖尿病联系起来的人
Did a medical professional ever connect your diabetes,
有哪个药学专家曾把你的糖尿病
specifically, to L'il Jimmey's snack cakes?
明确的,和L'il Jimmey的,点心蛋糕联系起来么?
Well, m, my doctor said my intake of sugar was too high and...
呃,我的医生说我的糖摄入量太高...
But did he connect specifically your diabetes...
但他明确把你的糖尿病...
Yes! He knew I was eating box after box of L'il Jimmey's,
是的!他知道我吃掉整盒的,L'il Jimmey
and he told me to stop, but I was addicted.
他叫我不要再吃,可我上瘾了
Did he use the word "addicted," or is that yours?
他说"上瘾" 还是你自己说的?
It's mine.
我说的
Did he ever say, "eat less"?
他有没有说"少吃点"?
Objection! Rudeness.
反对!太无礼了
What? You can answer.
什么?你可以回答了
And when you claim our product poisoned you,
当你声称我们的产品毒害了你
do you have any evidence of that?
你有什么证据么?
Do you talk dismissive like that, to everybody, or just me?
你这么轻蔑的说话,是对每个人,还是只对我?
I wasn't in a dismissive mood when you tried to wiggle out of this lawsuit, was I?
当你尝试撤回这诉讼时,我不会是轻蔑的情绪,不是么
You know what, Vivian?
知道么,Vivian
You're starting to piss me off.
你开始激怒我了
Your client sued us.
你的当事人起诉我们
What'd you think, I was gonna come in here all sugar and spice?
你觉得我应该带着糖果来这里吗?
Oh, well, perhaps you would've liked that.
哦,可能你会喜欢那样
Consider my willingness to drop this case revoked,
我现在不想撤消这诉讼申请了
you skinny little bitch.
你这个骨瘦如柴的小贱人
You were wonderful, Shirley.
你真棒啊,雪莉
No, I'm serious. You were brilliant. My God, it was...
不,我是认真的,你是天才,我的天,那是...
What's the word? You, uh...
怎么说来着?你,呃...
Escalated a situation I was hoping to quash?
把本希望取消的事态升级了?
That's it.
就是这意思
Edwin
埃德温.
Do you have any medical or scientific research
你做了什么医学或科学研究么?
to back the claims laid out in our complaint?
支持我们提出的诉讼请求
Not a shred, but we're just getting started.
一点也没有,可我们刚要开始呢
We'll do that research,
我们会做那些调查的
you and I, burning the midnight oil like the old days, huh?
你和我,像以前那样熬夜工作,哈?
You may not get an opportunity to do research,
你可能没有机会去调查了
if the claim is dismissed tomorrow, which, at the moment, seems extremely likely.
如果明天诉讼请求被驳回,很有可能
Tosh.
胡说
Edwin, have you prepared anything for the hearing?
埃德温,你为预审准备了什么么?
Not a thing.
完全没有
Okay, then, I'll... I'll have to prepare something myself.
好吧,那我就自己去准备了
Yes!
好的!
Uh, and... and, Edwin.
呃,还有...还有,埃德温
I'll need you to leave me alone so that I can concentrate.
我想单独呆着,能集中精神
Yes.
是的
And, Edwin.
还有,埃德温
What I really need is for you not to sue anyone else.
我真正需要你做的是,不要再起诉任何别人了
Yes.
好的
You can do it, Shirley. I know you can.
你能做到的,雪莉,我知道你行
Thank you.
谢谢
You're thinking.
你在思考
There was a day I used to do that.
以前我也做过这样的事
I'm thinking this may be a mistake, putting Kupfer on the stand.
我在想,让Kupfer作供可能是个错误
It gives him the opportunity to put prior bad acts in evidence,
这给了他机会,摆出之前的错误行为的证据
which is obviously why he so readily agreed.
那很明显为何他欣然同意
If he does that, he gives you grounds for a mistrial.
如果他那么做,他给了你争取无效审判的机会
Not if I've opened the door.
如果不是我开了头
I've gotta be very careful, Denny.
我必须非常小心,丹尼
I could end up sinking myself here,
我可能会在这把自己埋了
which, I have a a feeling, he knows all too well.
我有种感觉,他太了解了
Maybe we should just rest. His case is thin.
也许我们应该休息下,他的案子很简单
But possibly enough.
但可能够了
And if I lose, never mind jail.
如果我输了,不介意坐牢
These are felony charges. My law career would be over.
这些是重罪,我的律师生涯将会结束
And that never used to bother me.
以前这才不会让我困扰
Well, it bothers you because as you get older, your priority change.
因为你老了,你的优先原则改变了
You begin to realize...
你开始意识到...
what really matters... money.
你真正在乎的...是钱
I've never seen you look so nervous.
我从没见你如此紧张
Well, except for night terrors and the clowns
除了夜惊,小丑
and the girl and the word salad.
女孩,语无伦次
I've never kidded myself. I've always known how it would end for me.
我从不欺骗自己,我一直都知道自己是什么下场
I'm just not ready for it yet.
我只是还没准备好
But what you keep forgetting is at the end of the day,
可你总是忘了,结束那天
you always have me.
你有我陪着
I'm into rock climbing, competitive biking.
我正迷上攀岩,自行车竞赛
I want a woman who can keep up with me both physically
我想找一个能在身体和精神上
as well as intellectually and who is also incredibly hot.
和我保持一致的,而且要非常性感的女人
That's who I am.
这才是我
I've given it some thought, and you're right.
我仔细想过了,你是对的
There's no romantic future between us, I value our friendship.
我们之间没有浪漫的未来,我更珍惜我们之间的友谊
I don't want to screw that up.
我不想破坏它
So if you're okay with going back to the way things were, so am I.
如果你愿意回到以前那样,我也一样
Just friends?
只是朋友?
Just friends.
只是朋友
Conspiracy to aid a defendant to avoid prosecution.
参与帮助被告逃脱检控
Isn't that a defense lawyer's job?
难道不是辩护律师的职责么
Within the bounds of the law.
要在法律约束范围内
Okay, but certainly, if I were to advise a client,
好吧,但肯定的是,如果你建议一个当事人
do not tell the police the truth, that would be okay?
不要告诉警察真相,那可以么
But if you advised him to lie, it would not.
但你不能建议他撒谎,那不行
And you took it a step further.
你的行动过了头
You advised your client to jump bail, to flee the jurisdiction.
你建议你的当事人弃保潜逃
No, I told him it was his only option.
没有,我告诉他这是唯一的选择
Same thing.
都一样的
No, but come on,
不,可想想
if the client comes to me and says,
如果这个当事人来找我说
"Gee, as I look at things,"
"糟糕,照我看"
"it seems my only real shot at avoiding prison is to run,"
"好象唯一不用坐牢的方法只有逃跑"
and it happened to be true, I have a legal obligation to lie to my client, to disagree?
而这正巧是事实,我有法律义务去骗他说,我不这么认为?
No, but...
不是,但...
And yet if I agree, I've committed a crime?
而如果我同意了,我就犯罪了?
If that agreement can be construe as advising him to flee, yes, it's a crime,
如果同意可以构成建议他逃跑的一部分,是的,那就是犯罪
and by the way, your client didn't come to you and lay it all out.
顺便说,你的当事人没有去找你,并说出那番话
You laid it out to him, which crosses the line.
是你对他说了那翻话,这就越界了
I expressly told him I was not allowed to advise him to flee.
我清楚地告诉他,我不能建议他逃跑
While conveying to him all the while that that is exactly what he should do.
但始终传达给他了他应该怎么做的确切信息
But I'm a kidder. You know that.
但我是个开玩笑的人,你知道的
I offered you $10,000 to drop this, did I not?
我给你1万元放弃这个,不是么
Yes, as either a transparent attempt to entrap me
是的,不是一个明显的陷阱
or a demented plan to have me recused.
就是个想我被取消资格的疯狂计划
The point is, you didn't take me seriously.
关键是,你没把我的话当真
But you claim I was serious with Mr. Mkeba.
但你声称我是严肃和Mkeba先生说的
You seem to know this beyond all reasonable doubt, in fact,
实际上,你似乎知道,这超过了合理疑点的范围
which, given you weren't even there...
考虑到你当时不在场...
Do you think that you're fooling anybody?
你认为你在糊弄谁?
Do you, Mr. Kupfer? This is a personal grudge.
你在糊弄谁,Kupfer先生?,这是个人恩怨
No, it isn't. However much I...
不,不是,不管我多么...
It's becoming jibber-jabber.
这快变成闲聊了
Did you not say in judge Thompson's courtroom two weeks ago
两周前,你没有在Thompson法官的法庭里
that you would like to see me suffer?
说你很想看到我受罪么
No.
没有
You said your only fear was that someone would stab me
你说你唯一害怕是有人在你之前
before you would get the chance to take me down.
找到机会打击我
Is it your testimony to this jury that you do not hold a grudge against me?
你是要对这陪审团说你对我没有敌意么
It's my testimony that that grudge is not in play.
我的证词是,这次并不涉及对你的怨恨
It's not in play?
不涉及么
No, it is not.
不,没有
Admittedly, I do not like you.
无可否认,我不喜欢你
It makes me happy to be prosecuting you...
起诉你让我很开心...
You despise me.
你蔑视我
All right.
好吧
Tell us why.
告诉我原因
Oh, you would love for me to tell you why.
哦,你当然告诉我说出原因
That would be grounds for a mistrial. No.
那就是无效审判成立了,我不说
My grudge makes this prosecution a little more thrilling,
我的个人感情使这次检控程序受到威胁
but you're on trail because you broke the law.
但你被审讯是因为你触犯了法律
Objection. Calls for a legal ruling.
反对,还没定罪呢
Sustained.
反对有效
You advised a client accused of attempted murder to flee.
你建议个被指控企图谋杀的当时人逃跑
That's a crime.
那就是犯罪
Objection.
反对
Sustained.
反对有效
Perhaps you'd like to take the stand now,
也许你喜欢出庭作证
put your character in issue?
在争论中展现你的个性
My client trusted me to tell him the truth, which trust I honored.
我的当时人信任我会告诉他们真相,让我感到自豪的信任
That's my character, Mr. Kupfer.
那就是我的个性,Kupfer先生
Well, they calendared the meeting for later on this afternoon.
他们把会议日期定在今天下午晚些时候
No, I know it's bogus.
不,我知道它是伪造的
But I could be there in about a half-hour.
但我可在约半小时赶到
I love it when he goes to court.
我太爱他要上庭时了
No doctor or medical professional has ever linked his diabetes
没有任何医生或药剂专家,曾经把糖尿病
to L'il Jimmey's snack cakes.
和L'il Jimmey的点心饼干联系起来
And even if they could, so what?
即使它们可以,那又怎样
All the information Mr. Mickle needed to make
Mickle先生所需要知道的
his informed dietary decision was right there on the label.
关于他的膳食的成分都写在了标签上
My God, when are people going to start taking responsibility?
我的天,人们何时才打算承担自己的责任呢
This man snorted down three boxes a day,
这个人一天一口气吃下3盒
not to mention the soft drinks and the potato chips.
更别提那些软饮料和薯条了
The only exercise he got was reaching for the cookie jar, and he wants to blame us?
他唯一的运动就是伸手拿饼干罐,他想要归咎于我们
Then what? We outlaw desserts altogether,
那又如何,我们宣告所有的甜点的不合法的
we criminalize the cupcake
我们说纸托蛋糕有罪
because people cannot be expected to eat in moderation?
因为人们不会控制适度的摄入量
It's ridiculous.
真的讽刺
Mr. Mickle wants to be able to snack and sue.
Mickle先生想吃小吃又想起诉
He wants to have his cake and eat it, too, and enough is enough.
他想拥有蛋糕却又想吃掉,太过分了
That's one word this plaintiff can't seem to appreciate...
这个词是原告人不会理解的...
"Enough".
"够了"
"Yellow dye tartrazine," which is a coal tar derivative,
"染黄的酒石黄"是一种煤焦油的衍生物
"Blue dye triphenylmethane," which is a petroleum based product.
"染蓝的三苯甲烷"是石油的基础产物
"Red dye carminic acid," which is derived from the carcasses of the cochineal beetle. "
染红用的胭脂酸"是来自胭脂虫的,尸体的衍生物
I'm sorry. Did you say cochineal beetle?
打扰一下,你是说胭脂虫么
Carcasses, that's right.
是它们的尸体,对的
"Partially hydrogenated vegetable or animal shortening,"
"部分氢化的蔬菜和动物脂肪"
Which is beef fat, pork gelatin,
比如牛肉脂肪,猪肉凝胶
which is made from boiled bones, tendons and skin of pigs.
后者来自煮沸的骨头,腱子和猪皮
Uh, so far, we're up to motor oil, bugs, road tar and pig bones.
呃,至今,我们已经有了用于机械的石油,虫子,铺路用的柏油和猪骨头
So far she hasn't named a thing So far she hasn't named a thing
目前为止,她没能确切指出一样东西
that isn't in the majority of cookies and snack cakes.
不是在大多数饼干和点心蛋糕里都有的
And isn't that scary?
那就不可怕了么
No, what's scary is that we're being singled out.
不,可怕的是我们被选中了
Yes, it has us all terrified. May I continue?
是的,这让我们都很恐惧,我可以继续么
"Bleached white flour"
"漂白的面粉"
the common ingredient used to bleach flour is chloride oxide,
用来漂白的共同成分的氯的氧化物
the use of which has been linked to destruction of the pancreas
这种成分被证实与胰腺的损伤有关
and a form of type 2 diabetes.
也是形成2类糖尿病有关系
And finally, the biggie, "high-fructose corn syrup".
最后,也是最严重的,"高果糖玉米糖浆"
This product does not metabolize as a normal sugar in the body,
这产品不会象,正常的糖那样在身体里代谢
and it prevents a certain hormone, lepton, from reaching the brain.
它阻止了一种叫雷普顿,的荷尔蒙达到脑部
This hormone normally sends a signal to the brain that
正常情况下这种荷尔蒙会向脑部发出
your stomach is full and tells you to stop eating,
你的胃已经饱了的信号,告诉你不要再吃了
but whenever you eat anything with high-fructose corn syrup,
但只要你吃了任何含有,高果糖玉米糖浆的食物
your brain thinks it's not full, and so you keep eating and eating and eating.
你的大脑会认为还没饱,所以你会一直吃一直吃
This product, like many dessert cakes,
这个产品,像很多甜品蛋糕
is addictive and causes diabetes, and that is what this lawsuit will show.
是会上瘾和导致糖尿病的,这就是这场诉讼的原因
As for defense counsel's remark that the whole thing is ridiculous,
鉴于辩方律师认为整件事很荒唐
is it?
是么
The rate of diabetes has increased 80% in the last decade.
在过去的10年里糖尿病的发病率提高了80%
Nearly 21 million Americans have diabetes.
将近2千1百万美国人患有糖尿病
One in three children will get it in their lifetime.
三分之一的孩子会发病
I just want to say that again, one in three children.
我只想重复一次,三个孩子里就有一个会发病
These companies are corporate drug dealers
这些公司是共同的药贩子
their products are killing our children.
他们的产品会毒害我们的孩子
Objection. This is beyond inflammatory.
反对,这是在误导
Is it? One in three children?
是么?三分之一的孩子?
You market to children.
你们的销售对象就是孩子
At least tobacco companies say on the packages that cigarettes can kill you.
至少烟草公司会在包装盒上写,吸烟有害健康
And you have the temerity to accuse my client of not taking responsibility?
而你们却不顾后果地,控诉我的当事人不负责任
He effectively counseled his client to skip trial and run.
他有效地劝告他的当事人,跳过审讯而逃跑
Now he prefaced this by saying
现在他对这一切的开场白却是
he was not legally permitted to give such advice, but come on.
法律上他不被允许给出这样的建议,可别逗了
He gave it all the same. And the client did, in fact, flee.
他还是这么做了,而实际上,他的当事人也逃跑了
Now do I have a grudge against the defendant?
我是否对被告有敌意呢
Yes, I do.
是的
But as I said in that witness chair,
可正如我在证人席上所说的
we are not here today because of my hard feelings.
我们今天在这不是因为我的个人怨恨
We are here because Alan Shore broke the law...
我们在这是因为,艾伦?肖尔触犯了法律
A law he is not above,
一条他不应该凌驾的法律
a law that the 12 of you...
一条你们12个人...
took an oath out uphold.
宣誓要捍卫的法律
Denny
丹尼.
It's the closing.
到结案陈词了
This would be the time to talk.
到时间说话了
Pregnant pause, man.
玩深沉而已
Who the hell are we kidding?
到底是谁在开玩笑?
Defense attorneys make their living
辩护律师靠帮助当事人
helping their clients get away with murder.
洗脱谋杀罪名而谋生
We put rapists back on the street, knowing they're gonna rape again.
我们把强奸犯放回街上,知道他们还会再去强奸
Let's not pretend we don't aid and abet crime.
别假装从没协助过犯罪吧
The key is, make sure we cover our asses.
关键是,要确保我们能自保
Attorneys do that better than anybody.
律师比别人更善于这么做
No, uh, Alan Shore covered his.
不,艾伦?肖尔保护他自己罢了
He knew he couldn't legally advise Mr. Mkeba to run,
他知道他不能合法的劝告Mkeba先生逃跑
and he expressly said he couldn't give him such advice.
而且他坦白说了,他不能给他这样的建议
Did Mr. Mkeba get the message anyway? Sure. But technically,
Mkeba先生接受到这个信息了么,当然,但严格的说
Alan Shore didn't break the law.
艾伦?肖尔没有触犯法律
Ass covered, over and out.
自我保护而已,就这样
Not guilty. Simple as that.
无罪,就那么简单
Oh, and here's another thing...
哦,还有另一件事...
about asses.
关于屁股的
Told you. We'll get to you in a second.
告诉你们,一下就能让你们明白
If you have too much success against the DA's office, and...
如果在和地方检察院的竞争时,你赢得太多的话...
and Alan Shore has had a lot, especially against this puts beats him every time.
艾伦?肖尔赢得太多了,尤其是这个人,每次都只有挨打的份
Objection.
反对
Sustained.
反对有效
Mr. Crane...
克兰先生...
I'm sorry, your Honor.
很抱歉,法官大人
Too much success, eventually,
太多胜利,最终
you get a giant bull's eye painted on your bottom.
就会在你屁股上形成个巨大的牛眼
Objection.
反对
Sustained. Mr. Crane!
反对有效,克兰先生!
I'm just trying to make a point, your Honor.
我正在说明我的观点,法官大人
Alan Shore was a target.
艾伦?肖尔是一个目标
He's got a bigger bull's eye on his ass than I have on mine,
他屁股上的牛眼比我的大多了
and this man, Douglas Kupfer, is aiming for it.
就是瞄准了它
Said he wanted to stab him. That's subtle.
说他想要打击他,真狡猾
This is a vendetta.
这只是复仇而已
He wants my client any way. He can get him.
他就是想要我的当事人,他逮到机会了
That's the only reason we're here. Over and out.
那就是今天我们来这的原因,就这样
Reasonable doubt. You all know that.
合理疑点,你们都了解了
Last name, Crane. First name, Denny.
姓氏,克兰,名字,丹尼
Not guilty.
无罪
Over and out.
就这样
I've read the complaint.
我已研究了你们的书面陈诉
I can see no detailed evidence which would allow me to hold the defendant liable.
我没看到让我支持被告的具体证据
Nor can I conclude these charges cannot be established during discovery.
在进一步调查前,我不支持驳回诉讼请求
The emerging research today is increasingly indicating
如今出现的研究日益显示了
that the major cause of disease and death
在美国,我们国家的食物供应
in the United States is our national food supply.
是导致疾病和死亡的主要原因
The defendant's motion to dismiss is therefore denied.
被告要求驳回诉讼的动议被否决
We'll confer and get a trial date. Adjourned.
择日开庭,现在休庭
You did it, Shirley.
你做到了,雪莉
So the fight's on?
要继续打仗了?
The fight is on.
继续打仗
If you dismiss the claim of your own accord,
如果你们撤消你们协议的声明
we will agree to withdraw our defamation suit.
我们会同意收回诽谤的起诉
How sweet.
多好的提议啊
We'll dismiss for a number with a lot of zeroes in it, Ms. Marino,
我们会取消赔偿数额很多零中的一个,Marino女士
otherwise, we have a trial.
否则,我们庭上见
I covet trials.
我很期待
As do I.
我也是
I'm thinking class action. We should start rounding up fatties.
我在考虑共同起诉,我们要开始搜罗胖子了
What are your thoughts?
你觉得呢?
Edwin, my thought is, let's get you back in the hospital.
埃德温,我认为,我们应把你送回医院
That's a put down.
那可不行
You're not stable yet, Edwin.
你还不稳定,埃德温
Unless you want your name to come off the door permanently, it's back in the hospital.
除非你希望你的名字从门上永远消失,然后挂在医院的门上
I'm not kidding.
我不是开玩笑的
Hey.
嘿
Hey.
嘿
What's up?
怎么了?
Nothing.
没什么
Just wandering.
闲逛而已
You want this?
你要这个么
Sure.
当然
You don't want it?
你不要么
I've already had two.
我已经喝了2瓶了
Thanks.
谢谢
I really liked what you said earlier, and you could say it, because,
我真的很喜欢你早些时候说的话,你可以那么说,因为
um, we can be honest with each other, you know,
呃,我们可以坦诚相对,你知道
the way... the way friends should be.
那种方式...朋友间的方式
Cool.
很好
It's funny, 'cause I've been talking to some of my girlfriends, and um...
很好笑,因为我和一些女友谈了,而...
it turns out there's a lot of different kinds of friends.
结果发觉朋友也有很多种
Like my friend Alyssa had a friend that, um,
想我的朋友Alyssa有一个朋友,呃
she goes to museums with.
她们一起去博物馆
That's it. Just museums.
就那样,只去博物馆
Do you want to go to a museum with me?
你想和我去博物馆么
No. God, no.
不,天啊,不是
I have another friend, uh, Melanie...
我还有另一个朋友,呃,Melanie...
she, uh... she has a friend, this guy,
她,呃...她有个朋友,那个人
and they have an understanding. it's, um...
他们达成共识,是,呃...
it's called friends with benefits.
他们有利益时才称兄道弟
You've heard of it.
你听过了吧
Uh, friends with benefits, yes.
呃,利益的朋友,是的
But maybe it's not what you're talking about.
但,也许不是你正要说的
Actually, you should just tell me.
实际上,你应该告诉我
Well, we would, um...
我们应该,呃...
As friends do, help each other out when...
像朋友那样,互相帮助,当...
in need.
有需要时
Need of?
什么样的需要?
Intercourse.
交流
Which would be the...
那种是...
Benefit.
有好处的
I have never had that kind of friend before.
我以前没有这种朋友
But I have to admit, I can imagine circumstances
但我必须承认,我可以想像得到
where that would be beneficial.
有益处的环境
Great.
太好了
Great.
很好
So when do these benefits kick in?
那这些好处什么时候开始?
Tonight too soon?
今晚会太快么?
Ms. Foreperson, has the jury reached a unanimous verdict?
Foreperso女士,陪审团有一致裁定了么
We have, your Honor.
是的,法官大人
What say you?
怎么说
"On the matter of the commonwealth of Massachusetts vs. Alan Shore,"
"马萨诸塞州诉Alan Shored的案件"
"we the jury find the defendant Alan Shore"
"陪审团认为被告艾伦?肖尔"
"not guilty of all charges".
"无罪开释"
This concludes the jury's service as well as this trial.
这些审讯结束,陪审团任务完成
You are dismissed with the thanks of this court.
你们可解散了,法庭感谢你们
Mr. Shore, you are free to go.
肖尔先生,你可以自由离开
Thank you.
谢谢
What a nail biter.
好一个被打败的疯狗
Mr. Shore, one day I hope to speak at your funeral.
肖尔先生,希望有一天能在你葬礼上发言
Thank you, Denny.
谢谢,丹尼
You pulled it out of...
你把它拉出来...
well, your ass, I guess.
用你的屁股,我猜
Scotch.
苏格兰威士忌
Indeed.
很需要
I was lucky. If Javert hadn't decided to prosecute me himself...
我很幸运,如果Javert没有决定,自己来检控我的话...
Nah. The case was too thin.
不,这案子太简单了
The simple truth is, you did cover yourself.
事实是,你的确在自保
They never would've got you, not beyond reasonable doubt.
有合理疑点,他们就没法定你罪
I was lucky I had you.
我很幸运有你在啊
Still undefeated. Never lost, never will.
始终无敌,从没输过,也不会输
It was a deft touch the underwear.
那摸内裤的动作真迅速而熟练啊
All's well that ends well.
结果好就都好了
Two years of jail time didn't exactly end well for Mr. Mkeba.
两年的牢狱生活对Mkeba先生并不好
Well, he nearly beat a man to death.
他差点把一个人打到死
He deserves to go to jail. People need to take responsibility.
他应该坐牢,人们需要承担责任
Hell, that's what you did, right?
那就是你做的,对么
No, in the end.
不,最后
I didn't have to take responsibility for my actions.
我并没为自己的行为承认责任
I'm drinking scotch on the balcony.
我在阳台喝苏格兰威士忌
Hey, I bared myself in open court for you.
嘿,我在公开法庭里为你脱了裤子
If you haven't got the decency to celebrate your own victory,
如果你不能庆祝自己的胜利
celebrate mine, for God sakes.
那为我的庆祝吧,看在上帝的份上
To triumph.
为胜利干杯
And to me...
为了我...
King of the world.
世界之王
Are we setting a bad example?
我们是坏榜样么?
I shoot people.
我攻击别人
I bribe them.
我贿赂他们
We drink.
我们喝酒
Smoke.
抽烟
I'm unfaithful.
我不忠诚
Not to me.
我不是
Never to you.
绝对不是你
We're not setting examples, Denny.
我们没有建立榜样,丹尼
We're just being true to who we are.
我们只是做最真实的自己
Who are we?
真实的我们是谁?
Denny Crane
丹尼?克兰.
Alan Shore
艾伦?肖尔.
Leaders of men.
屁股上有牛眼的
With bull's eyes on our asses.
领导者