Previously on 'Boston legal'
前情提要
I don't fear death,
我不惧怕死亡
but I am afraid of being hooked up to a machine.
但我害怕连在一台机器上
If it came to that, my friend, I would pull your plug.
要是真的那样,我的朋友,我会拔掉你的插头
Pull a plug? I want you to shoot me.
拔掉插头?我想要你向我开一枪
"Professor Clifford Cabot's cabinet of sexual curiosities".
"克利福德?卡伯特教授充满性好奇心的橱柜"
I intend for it to be my legacy to the world.
我本打算把这个当成我给世界的遗产的
I need a favor.
帮我个忙
I want you to find out if my daughter is using drugs again.
我想要你查出我的女儿是否又吸食毒品了
I'm Rachel.
我是瑞秋
I'm Brad. Nice to meet you.
我是布拉德,很高兴见到你
Have you made contact with Rachel?
你和瑞秋联系了吗?
She's been clean for five years.
她五年来都没吸过毒了
Denise Bauer, attorney, Daniel Post.
丹尼斯·鲍尔律师,丹尼尔·波斯特
Guy dying of cancer.
要死于癌症的人
You're going off like a dog, aren't you?
你要像狗一样离开,不是吗?
What do you mean?
什么意思?
When a dog knows it's gonna die, it goes off into the woods by itself.
当一条狗知道自己要死掉的时候,它就会自己躲到树林里
Imagine killing somebody you deeply love.
想象一下,要杀掉你深爱的人
You said you'd do it for me. You promised.
你说过你会为我这么做的,你保证过
I don't know that I could.
我不知道我会
We had sex.
我们做过爱
Yes.
是的
Incredible sex.
无与伦比的性爱
Yes.
是的
And that's it?
然后就完了?
Yes.
是的
If you're okay with going back to the way things were, so am I.
要是你觉得回到过去没有关系的话,我也一样
Just friends.
只是朋友
Friends with benefits.
互利的朋友
Alan, Marlene Stanger. Marlene, Alan Shore. Alan
这是Marlene Stanger Marlene ,这是艾伦·肖尔
I look forward to working with you, Ms. Stanger.
我很期待能和你一起共事,Stanger女士
Marlene is a firstrate lawyer.
马琳是个很棒的律师
She stole my case.
她偷了我的案子
I thought we could do better.
我认为我们能做的更好
You are not gonna get very far at Crane, Poole & Schmidt
使用你在这个案子里这种孤注一掷的方式
pulling the kind of crap you did with this case.
你不会在Crane, Poole & Schmidt,事务所里走得太远
Cancel the rest of your weekend.
取消你剩下的周末
I'm taking you to Nimmo bay. I want to take you to my spa.
我带你去Nimmo湾,我要带你去做SPA
What are you doing in my bed?
你在我的床上做什么?
I don't know!
我不知道
What do you mean you don't know?
你不知道是什么意思?
Anything Denny Crane can do,
丹尼·克兰能做的任何事
I can do backwards and wearing high heels.
我都可以穿高跟鞋反过来做一次
Who are we?
我们是谁?
Denny Crane
丹尼·克兰.
Alan Shore
艾伦·肖尔.
Leaders of men.
男人中的精英
With bull'seyes on our asses.
牛气冲天的人物
What the hell?
到底怎么了?
Paul, stop them. Paul
制止他们
Security's been called.
已经叫了警卫
Oh, dear. This could be my fault.
哦,亲爱的,这是我的错
I seem to have mated them both.
我好像和她们都交往过
Yes, I did, all right.
是的,我做过,好吧
Jane Sheila
简, 希拉.
Alan, this is absolutely...
这绝对是
Wrong, yes.
错误的,是的
Office policy manuals and such. I know, Shirley.
办公室政策手册之类的,我知道,雪莉
But you'll just have to cut me some slack this time of year.
但是在每年的这个时候,你只要放我一马就好了
This time of year?
每年的这个时候?
It's spring. I'm in heat.
现在是春天,我欲火焚身
I hear you're in heat.
我听说你欲火焚身
It seems so.
看起来是的
Me, too. We must be on the same cycle.
我也是,我们一定是处于同一周期
What do you do when you're in heat?
你欲火焚身的时候要干什么?
Generally I have a good deal of sex.
一般来说我要好好地做爱
Me, too! Where?
我也是,哪里?
Out and about.
出去在周围
You mean right here in Boston?
你的意思是就在波士顿?
It's the most convenient locale.
这是最方便的地方
Don't do that, man.
不要那样做,伙计
The women in Boston are pale this time of year,
波士顿的女人在这个时候非常糟糕
and they haven't lost their Winter fat.
而且她们冬天积攒的肥肉还没甩掉
Like spring snow, Boston women have their own particular benefits.
就好像春天的雪一样,波士顿的女人有她们自己独特的优势
Nonsense! You come with me to California.
胡说八道,你和我一起去加州
It's spring all the time there.
那里四季如春
I have some business to do in the Los Angeles office.
我在洛山矶分部办公室有点事要做
We'll have time to prowl all we want, and we can write the whole thing off.
我们有时间四处猎艳,完了后拍拍屁股可以走人
Denny, in all modesty,
丹尼毫不夸张地说
my state of heat doesn't generally require me to prowl.
我虽然欲火焚身,但还不至于要四处猎艳
Women have a tendency to find me.
我总是会有女人找上门的
Well, let them find you in L.A.
那么,让她们在,L.A.找到你
Now don't be difficult. You know we're going.
不要这么固执,你知道我们要去的
We'll take the jet, grab a limo,
我们搭个飞机,乘辆轿车
drop by Crane, Poole & Schmidt Los Angeles, do a little business.
顺便去洛山矶的Crane Poole & Schmidt ,干点公事
Then we'll check in to Chateau de Mer.
然后到Chateau de Mer登记
They have that luxury down bedding with the 500thread cotton sheets.
他们有那种奢侈的绒毛被褥,还有500线的棉床单
Women love that high thread count.
女人喜欢高密度的棉床单
As do I.
正如我一样
You mean, I've convinced you?
你的意思是,我劝服你了?
I do have a hankering for some strip mall sushi.
我确实对一些寿司店有些渴望
Yes, the thread count put me over. A few days.
是的,你说的棉床单密度的事,让我动心了,几天吧
I'll make some calls.
我要打几个电话
I was doing research.
我正在做研究
At a motel with a prostitute?
在汽车旅馆和妓女一起?
I promise you, I've done nothing licentious.
我向你保证,我没有做过什么放肆的事情
Me neither.
我也没有
I was cultivating case studies, conducting interviews with ladies of the eve
我当时在研究案例,和夜女郎们做一些采访
for my survey of Victorian sexual mores versus presentday.
关于维多利亚时代与现代性风俗,的区别所做的研究
Me, too.
我也是
Clifford
克利福德.
Oh, my God. You don't believe me.
噢,天呢,你不相信我
She was naked during the interview. It looks suspicious.
在采访过程中她都是全裸,这看起来有点令人怀疑
It was a demonstration speech.
那是一个演示
The art of seduction visavis clothing removal.
是关于当面脱衣引诱的艺术
Just ask Lafonda.
你只要问问Lafonda就行
Look, Clifford, it doesn't matter what I think.
你看,克利福德,我怎么想没有关系
You've got your story. You're sticking to it.
你有你自己的说法,你自己相信就好了
I will post bail.
我去交保释金
Shirley?
雪莉?
Yes?
恩?
Could you see about getting my shoelaces back?
你能看看能否把我的鞋带拿回来吗?
Yeah.
是的
Now the legal concepts of sufficiency of evidence and weight of evidence are different.
现在证据充足和,证据份量的法律概念并不相同
A prime example is the Commonwealth vs. Thompkins.
先例是联邦诉Thompkins
Yes?
喂
Brad, Beth Guttman on line two.
布拉德,贝丝,格特曼在二号线上
Tell her I'm in a meeting. I'll call her right back.
告诉她我正在开会,我一会打给她
She said it was an emergency.
她说有急事
It's my sister. This will just take a minute.
是我姐姐,只要几分钟
Yeah, Beth. What's up?
是我,贝丝,怎么了?
What, when?
什么,什么时候?
Yeah, yeah, okay.
恩,恩,好的
Okay, I'm on my way. Don't let her say a thing until I get there.
好的,我赶过去,在我到之前不要让她说一个字
Brad
布拉德.
Beth
贝丝.
What happened?
怎么了?
Oh, Hannah was at this party.
哦,汉纳,在聚会上
Kids were, there were drugs. And this one boy...
孩子们在,那里有毒品,而有一个男孩...
died of an overdose.
死于服药过度
Denny, you...
丹尼,你...
Good Lord.
老天
Does this make me look fat?
这让我看起来很胖吗?
Yes, wear heels.
是的,穿高跟鞋
Don't do this. You know you can't handle Los Angeles.
不要这样做,你知道你掌控不了洛山矶
I'll be fine.
我会没事的
Every spring you take this little trip out west,
每个春天你都会到西部去小游一下
and then we spend every summer, fall and winter trying to get the charges dropped.
然后我们就要花掉每个夏天,秋天,冬天来撤销对你的指控
If you're referring to the Vanna White incident,
要是你指的是Vanna White事件
there was contributory negligence on her part.
她自己本身也有疏忽
You groped her rear end during the whole buffet line at a cocktail party.
鸡尾酒会上你整个自助餐时间,都在摸她的屁股
How exactly was she negligent?
她到底怎么疏忽了?
Her tushy.
她的屁股
Legally, it's called an attractive nuisance.
法律上,这叫做诱人的麻烦事物
Look, if you are sincerely concerned about my dalliances in Los Angeles,
看,要是你真的对我,在洛山矶猎艳非常在意
there's one way to prevent them.
有一个方法可以制止他们
Come with me. You know how I feel about you.
跟我一起去,你知道我对你什么感觉
Your wet suit's doing all the talking.
你湿漉漉的泳衣下面的东西说明了一切
Bogey and Bacall had Paris.
Bogey和Bacall拥有巴黎
You and I can have Los Angeles.
你和我可以拥有洛山矶
We can take the first flight out.
我们可以在那开创新事业
Denny, every year I threaten.
丹尼,每一年我都威胁你
Every year I cajole. All I have left is to plead.
劝诱你,现在我所剩下的只有恳求你了
If you care about me, don't make me plead.
如果你在乎我,不要让我恳求
Denny Crane does not make promises,
丹尼·克兰从不做承诺
but for you, I will try and be a good boy.
但是为了你,我要试着做一个好男孩
Thank you.
谢谢你
How did you get into that thing, anyway?
顺便问句,你怎么穿上那个的
A lot of vaseline and
用了很多凡士林(润滑油)
Chuck in word processing helped.
文字处理的查克帮的忙
Poor Chuck.
可怜的查克
I hope he'll help me get out of it.
我希望他能帮我脱下来
She doubled the client's money.
她把委托人的钱加倍
Denise was there, too.
丹尼斯也在那里
I thought that was the case you settled at 10.
我以为是你十点钟解决的那个案子
Well...
嗯...
You guys make a great team.
你们组成了一个很棒的团队
Every team needs a great closer.
每一个团队都需要紧密合作
Oh, and it really helps that one of you is funny, because funny helps with the clients.
哦,你们当中有一个有趣的人真的是很有帮助,因为有趣可以帮到委托人
Her?
她?
Thanks, guys.
谢谢,伙计们
Too bad you're both up for partner.
真糟糕你们都竞选合伙人
Spring vote.
春季投票
Always a lot harder.
通常都更难
This place is so sexist.
这个地方是这么的男性至上
Four spots.
四个空额
There's no way they're gonna give two of them to women.
他们不可能给两个给女人
You guys should team up.
你们应该联合起来
Whoever makes it this time can then vote for the other one next time.
谁这次成功了可以下一次投另一个一票
I'm just gonna run in and grab a seat.
我要赶紧进去,抢个座位
That's what you should do!
那是你应该做的
And then the other one can just buy you dinner or something.
然后另一个只要给你买晚饭,或者其他什么就好了
We won't know what the boy died of until after the autopsy.
尸检以前我们无法知道男孩死因
More than likely a bad mix of prescription medication.
很可能是因为处方药品的不良混合服用
What are you talking about?
你说什么呢?
You ever heard of pharming parties?
你听说过鸡尾酒派对吗?
No.
没有
Not farming with an "f" but a "ph. "
不是喝的那种,是药
It's what kids are doing as of late.
最近孩子们中流行的
They go to their parents' medicine cabinets,
他们去父母的药柜里
find the leftover prescriptions.
找到剩下的处方单
Pain medicines for backaches, sleeping pills,
治疗背痛的止痛药,安眠药
even their own medications for ADD.
甚至是治疗他们自己注意力缺陷障碍的药
They take all these pharmaceuticals, get together,
他们拿了这些药品聚到一起
trade them, mix them into various medication cocktails,
交换,把它们混合起来,制成不同的药物鸡尾酒
just to see what kind of fun can be had.
只是要看看到底有多好玩
This poor kid more than likely got a bad mix.
这个可怜的男孩很可能是,吃了不能混合的药
Do you know about this?
你知道这些吗?
First I'm hearing.
第一次听说
The kids were smart enough to dump all the pills down the toilet,
孩子们足够聪明,他们把药片都倒到厕所里
but we found the prescription bottles, labels missing, in the trash out back.
但是我们在外面的垃圾里,找到了撕去标签的处方药瓶
Hannah would never be involved in anything like that.
汉纳决不会卷到类似的事情里
She's already on an antidepressant.
她已经在服用抗抑郁药
She knows better than to mix it with anything.
她知道不能把这个与任何东西混合起来
Hannah's on antidepressants?
汉纳在吃抗抑郁药?
She's had clinical depression for two years.
她临床抑郁已经两年了
She won't tell me anything.
她不会告诉我任何东西
The other kids aren't talking,
别的孩子不说话
but the DA's not gonna let this one go.
但是地区检察官不会放过这件事的
Someone's going to jail.
有人要进监狱
I'll talk to her.
我会跟她谈谈
You cut your hair since Christmas.
你圣诞节的时候就剪短了头发
Yeah.
是的
Well, we've got a long road ahead of us.
嗯,我们前面有很长的路
And I realize you're probably still in shock but,
我也意识到你可能还处在震惊之中
as you can see, we've got a little bit of a problem here.
但是正如你所看到的,我们这里有点问题
Besides Ryan being dead?
除了赖安已经死掉?
No, I understand you lost a friend, Hannah.
不,我明白你失去了一个朋友,汉纳
But Ryan's parents also lost a son.
但是赖安的父母也失去了一个儿子
And they are not gonna stop, and nor should they,
他们不会也不应该停止
until they find out exactly what happened last night.
直到他们找去昨天晚上到底发生了什么
And right now as we're talking,
我们现在谈话的时候
all your other friends are with their attorneys who are advising them to speak up.
你所有的其他朋友都正在和他们的律师谈话,律师都建议他们说出来
And the first one to speak up is gonna make a deal with the district attorney.
第一个说出来的会和地区检察官达成协议
Everyone else is gonna take responsibility for the crime,
其他人会为这次犯罪负责
and someone is going to go to jail.
有人要进监狱
Hannah, I know you're a good person.
汉纳,我知道你是个好人
I know you're a good friend,
我知道你是个很好的朋友
but this is the one time you need to think of yourself first.
但是这一次你应该先想想自己
Um, the Strom trial doesn't begin until the fall,
恩,斯特罗姆审判秋天才开始
so we can discuss that at a later date. Denise, what have you got?
所以我们可以晚一些再讨论,丹尼斯,你有什么?
Uh, the Preitzler deposition starts Monday,
啊,Preitzler宣誓作证周一开始
plus I'm still negotiating on Friedman vs. Langston,
还有,我还在为Friedman,诉Langston一案谈判
and, oh, Paul needs help on MacCuish and Wassen.
还有,哦Pall在MacCuish和,Wassen的案子上需要帮助
Full load.
任务满满
Very full. Lots of billables, but I'm handling it.
非常满,很多,但是我处理得了
Good. In that case...
很好,这样的话
I'm available.
我有空
Excellent, so you're with me on the Clifford Cabot case.
太好了,那么你和我处理克利福德·卡伯特一案
Okay, people, that does it. Thank you very much.
好了,就这样吧,十分感谢
Marlene
马琳.
You're typing with such intensity,
你如此剧烈的打字
almost as though there was some imminent climax.
几乎好像有高潮要到来
She's on antidepressants.
她在服抗抑郁药
I had no idea. I thought we were close.
我不知道,我以为我们很亲密
Suddenly we're ordinary people.
突然我们关系变得普通
You're holiday close.
你是在假期才和她亲密
You get together for the biggies,
你在大节日和他们聚会
you know, Christmas, Easter, share some laughs, old stories.
例如,圣诞节,复活节,分享笑声和古老的故事
And there's something really comforting about that,
这些是真的很令人欣慰的事
but inbetween the jokes, that's where stuff like
但是在这些笑话中间,突然插入一些事,比如说
"Hannah's got clinical depression" hang out.
"汉纳有临床抑郁症"
I mean, how do you share something like that?
我是说,你会在这种情况下分享这样的事吗
Plus, it's Hannah's private business.
还有,这是汉纳的私事
Not anymore. It's like we've been strangers for years.
不再是了,就好像我们多年来都是陌生人
Do they know everything about you?
他们知道你所有的事吗?
Brad?
布拉德?
Can I, um...
我能,嗯
Hey, Beth.
嘿,贝丝
They arrested her.
他们逮捕了她
One of the kids talked.
一个孩子说出来了
He said it was all Hannah's fault, that she organized the whole party,
他说这都是汉纳的错,,整个聚会都是她组织的
that she brought all the drugs.
她带来了所有的药品
I know that's not true.
我知道这不是真的
Where is she now?
她现在在哪里?
Rick's arranging bail.
里克正在安排保释
This is my world.
这是我的世界
Welcome to it.
欢迎来到这里
The current research from the top academics in my field
在我这个领域里这个国家最权威的大学
at the most prestigious universities in the country.
顶尖学院的当前研究
"Sex and love in the time of the booty call".
《求爱电话中的性和爱》
"Buzz off: A history of antivibrator legislation in the United states".
《离去:美国反震动棒立法史考》
All legitimate papers, presented at the Yale sex week symposium last month.
所有都是合法的论文,上个月在耶鲁的性周讨论会呈交的
You know, you have a way about you.
你知道,你有种独特的感觉
Anyhow, the paper that I'm working on entitled
总之,我正在研究的论文题目为
"low as a ho: Privileging sexual purveyors and the fallacy of phallocentricism"
《像妓女般卑贱:性工作者的特权化,和菲勒斯中心主义的谬论》
could only be made possible through field research,
只有经过实地研究才有可能写出
which is what I was doing when accosted by the fuzz.
这就是条子到场时我正在做的
Clifford, I think you can understand how the police might have mistaken your intentions
克利福德,我想你可以理解,为什么警察会误解你的意图
and let their imaginations get away from them.
而且浮想连篇
And that's their problem.
那是他们的问题
Finally, our universities are making great strides
最终,我们的大学在理解人类性状况方面
in understanding the human sexual condition.
跨出巨大一步
Graphic sexuality has become ubiquitous in modern society.
在现代社会性行为的图片已经无处不在
It's irresponsible not to teach young people about it.
如果不教给年轻人这些是不负责任的
These are for real.
这些是真的
You're kidding.
你在开玩笑
As whacked out as some of these things sound, no offense, Clifford,
虽然这些事听起来有些疯狂,无意冒犯,克利福德
they're all legitimate scholarly research articles.
他们都是合法的学术研究文章
Exactly.
正是如此
Research which required extensive interviews.
这些研究需要广泛的采访
My cousin went to elementary school with the DA.
我的堂弟和地方检察官曾经一起上小学
I think we've got enough here to go to him and get these charges dropped.
我想我们足以帮助他解除指控
I like her.
我喜欢她
That's not how it happened! They're lying!
事情不是这样的,他们说谎
Then you have to tell the truth.
那么你必须讲出真相
Now these kids are doing exactly what is expected of them.
现在这些孩子做的,恰恰是他们所被期望做的
They're acting in their own selfinterest.
他们从自己的利益出发
Hannah, you must understand, you could go to jail for this.
汉纳,你必须明白,你可能因为这个进监狱
They are charging you with second degree murder.
他们控诉你二级谋杀
No.
不
No.
不
Casey Casey
凯西, 凯西.
When you finish perusing,
你细读完以后
please note that what our client had on his mind was
请注意我们的委托人脑海里
purely Q&A for research purposes only.
纯粹是研究意图的问与答
There was no intent to solicit.
没有嫖娼的意图
Oh, no intent, huh?
噢,没有嫖娼的意图,哈?
You guys want to let us in on the joke?
你们想让我们分享一下笑话吗?
We found that professor Cabot, in doing his research,
我们发现卡伯特教授,在做他的研究的时候
was extremely thorough.
非常的彻底
Check it out.
看看吧
Show me!
给我看
Show me the plight of the exploited sex worker.
让我看看被剥削的性工作者的艰难处境
Oh, and show me your ass.
哦,还有让我看看你的屁股
Oh, dear Lord.
哦,我的上帝
Check it out. She's about to graduate magna cum laude.
看看吧,她可是他的一个优等生呢
Tell me your quim is quivering!
告诉我你的外阴在颤抖
What's a quim?
什么是外阴?
Can you believe she didn't know what a quim was?
你能相信她不知道什么是外阴吗
Clifford
克利福德.
I know, it's awful, pure misery.
我知道,这很糟糕,完全是恶梦
What do we do?
我们要怎么做?
Plead this out, take your lumps.
请求有罪,接受惩罚
I can't do that. My reputation is at stake.
我不能这么做,这样一来我的声誉岌岌可危
If I plead guilty, there goes my entire academic career.
要是我请求有罪的话,我整个学术生涯就完了
You should have thought of that before you hired Eliza Doolittle to polish your knob.
在你雇佣伊莱扎·杜利特尔做这些事之前,,就应该想到这一点
Okay, Shirley, yes, I'm guilty. Put me in shackles.
好吧,雪莉,是的,我有罪,把我铐起来吧
Let's not go there.
我们不要这样
But I really did go to that motel for research.
但是我真的是去旅馆搞研究
Only this time Lafonda look so inviting.
只是这次Lafonda是如此的摄人心魄
Her smile told me everything was gonna be all right,
她的微笑告诉我所有的一切都会很好
and I got carried away.
我被吸引了
Shirley, I'm mortified to admit this,
雪莉,要承认这个我很苦恼
but I hadn't been intimate with a woman for years.
但是我好多年都没有和女人亲密过了
My wife left me emotionally and sexually
我的妻子在情感上和性上都离开了我
long before we ever parted ways legally.
在我们法律上分开很久以前就这样了
And loneliness, well,
还有孤独,啊
it isn't something you can just think your way out of.
不是你只要想就可以摆脱的
Clifford, how many of these interviews have you done?
克利福德,你做过多少次这样的采访?
With this latest study, 11.
加上这最后一个,11次
But this is the first time anything inappropriate has ever happened.
但是这是第一次有不适宜的事情发生
Ooh, maybe it's the third.
哦,也许是第三个
We're sunk.
我们陷进去了
This will stop.
这个要停止了
What will stop?
什么要停止?
You and your little games.
你和你的小游戏
They're a distraction, and they will stop.
它们令人分心,它们要停止
What do you suggest instead?
那你建议什么呢?
We're going to make love.
我们做爱吧
You're going to give me everything you've got.
你想怎么玩都可以
We're going to get this out of our system.
把你的小动作从我们正常程序中排除出去
It will be kept between the two of us, and then we will move on.
这事只有我们俩知道,然后我们装作什么都没发生过
Sounds very organized.
听起来头头是道
Cut the nonsense. Are you in or not?
别说废话,你要做还是不做?
I am very much in.
我非常乐意
However, I have some thoughts.
但是,我有一些想法
First, I am a bit oldfashioned.
第一,我有一点守旧
When it comes to certain women, I prefer to do the stalking.
对于某种女人,我喜欢做主动
You've got 24 hours.
你有24个小时
I certainly won't be timed.
我当然不会为时所困
I think you're vile.
你很坏
That's a very good sign.
这是个很好的兆头
For some, it takes quite a while to reach that point.
对一些人来说,要很久才意识到这一点
But you seem very in touch with the worst that the world has to offer.
但是你看起来和世界上最坏的东西联系紧密
You've always been a very bad girl.
你一直都是个坏女孩
Now you're working up to awful,
现在你觉得很糟糕
and you think I'm just the lucky lad to get you there.
而你认为是我这个幸运的小伙子,把你带到这个境地
You might just be right,
你也许恰好是对的
as long as it's messy,
只是会有点凌乱不堪
and it hurts just a bit.
而且有点疼
Just as soon as I return from Los Angeles.
等我从洛山矶回来
This has a familiar feel to it.
有一种熟悉的感觉
Oh, I forgot. You haven't been to this branch.
哦,我忘了,你没来过这个分店
How are you? Denny Crane.
你好吗? 丹尼·克兰
I'm a big believer in consistency.
我非常坚信一致性
Whether you kill someone in Boston, New York, Chicago...
不管你是否杀了人,在波士顿,纽约,芝加哥...
Denny Crane
丹尼·克兰.
L.A., London, Tokyo, you'll feel right at home here. L.A.
伦敦还是东京,你在这里都会感到宾至如归
Oh, my God.
噢,我的天
So I'll messenger those contracts to you this afternoon.
那么今天下午我会把这些合同发给你
Perfect. Thank you.
太好了,谢谢你
Denny Crane Ms. Reese.
丹尼·克兰. 里斯小姐
Hello.
你好
I'm sorry, the Denny Crane. Crane, Poole & Sperm, Schmidt.
对不起,我是丹尼·克兰,来自Crane Poole & Sperm(精子)...Schmidt
May I say that I have seen every single one of the episodes of "Night bay"?
我可以说我看过《夜晚海湾》的每一集吗?
Thank you.
谢谢你
And I wonder, how can they keep this thing going?
我也很好奇,他们怎么能让这件事持续的?
But, you know, night swimmers need protection, too,
但是,你知道,晚上游泳的人也需要保护
and drug smugglers thrive under the cloak of darkness.
毒品走私者在夜幕的掩盖下活动
And this is my colleague Alan Shore.
这是我的同事艾伦·肖尔
A pleasure, miss...
很荣幸,女士
Oh, he doesn't watch television.
噢,他不看电视
I doubt he's even seen the sex tape your boyfriend filmed of you.
我都怀疑他是否看过,你男朋友给你拍的性爱录像
I have to go now.
我得走了
Byebye.
再见
I love L.A.
我爱L.A.
Denny Crane, you son of a gun. How are you?
丹尼·克兰你这个坏蛋,你好吗?
Good, good, good.
挺好,挺好,挺好
Barry Goal
Barry Goal.
Alan Shore. How do you do?
艾伦·肖尔你好
Senior partner, Crane, Poole & Schmidt L.A.
高级合伙人,Crane Poole & Schmidt L.A.
Barry Goal
Barry Goal.
You said that.
你说过
Denny Crane west, almost.
可以把他看作是西部的丹尼·克兰
Got it.
我知道了
Barry Goal
Barry Goal.
Docket number 52893.
诉讼号,52893
Commonwealth vs. Hannah Guttman on a charge of second degree murder.
联邦诉汉纳·格特曼二级谋杀
Great.
太好了
How do you plead?
你打算如何辩护?
Not guilty, your honor.
无罪,阁下
Bail?
保释?
The defense requests ROR.
辨方要求自签担保释放(ROR)
Hannah's parents can take responsibility for her.
汉纳的父母可以为她负责
The defendant is charged with second degree murder. Bail...
被告人被指控犯有二级谋杀,保释
That's way out of whack, your honor.
这不正常,阁下
This case is involuntary manslaughter at its best.
这个案子至多是过失杀人
You're gonna tell me how to file?
你要教我如何起诉吗?
She's overcharging, your honor, hoping we'll plead for manslaughter.
她被指控的罪名过重,阁下,我们请求把罪名改为过失杀人
An innocent boy is dead, your honor. Forgive me for taking it seriously.
一个无辜的男孩死了,阁下,请原谅我这么重视
All right.
好吧
The defendant has no prior record.
被告人没有犯罪记录
I'm gonna release her into the custody of her parents.
我要让她的父母监护她
Conference with the clerk for scheduling.
你们和办事员共同商议出庭日程吧
Hannah
汉纳...
You're not going to look at us?
你不打算看看我们吗?
Let's go.
我们走
You killed our son. You're not going to even look at us?
你杀了我们的儿子,你甚至不打算看看我们?
And did you take care of what we talked about?
我们谈的都处理好了吗?
Just as you requested.
正如你所要求的
All the amendments to your living will have been incorporated per your specifications.
你的生前遗嘱根据你每个,具体的要求进行了修改
We just need the proper signatures.
我们只需要一个合适的签名
Excellent.
太好了
And just so you know, we did a search,
正如你所知道的,我们做了调查
and there's no place that will legally sanction euthanasia by bullet to the brain.
没有地方会在法律上,批准将子弹射入脑袋这种安乐死
Oh, chest?
哦,胸部呢?
Sorry, the most you can hope for is a slow morphine drip
对不起,你能指望的最多就是慢速的吗啡注射
or counting on Alan here to pull your plug.
或者指望艾伦拔掉你的维生装置
Excuse me?
什么?
Denny has amended his living will to grant you power of attorney
丹尼更改了他的生前遗嘱,赋予你律师的权利
so you can enforce the DNR clause.
所以你可以执行放弃抢救(DNR)条款
Just in case, uh, you know...
只是以防万一,恩,你知道
Since Cap Weinberger died, I need someone else to pull my plug.
自从Cap Weinberger死后,,我需要其他人来拔掉我的插头,(Cap Weinberger曾为美国国防部长)
You're up, Alan. I've got a slot open.
该你了,艾伦,我为你留下了签名的地方
Hancock?
笔
I'm sorry, Barry. We'll have to take care of this another time.
对不起,巴里,我们下次再说吧
We are so screwed on the Clifford Cabot case.
我们在,克利福德·卡伯特一案上搞得一团糟
Really? Oh, I'm sorry.
真的吗?哦,真可惜
And you were so eager to get on that one, too.
你是那么地希望它顺利
I know.
我知道
I thought we had a real strong argument
我以为我们有一个很强的论据
that his encounter with the crazy hooker was just part of his crazy academic research,
遇见这个疯狂的妓女,不过是他疯狂的学术研究的一部分
but it turns out he videotaped the whole thing.
但是结果他拍下来了所有的事情
He videotaped it?
他录下来了?
Yeah. And it's not one of those blurry nightvision videos.
是的,而且不是模糊的夜视录像
This one is crystal clear.
这个清楚得毫发毕现
But the important thing is,
但是重要的是
he filmed it.
他录下来了
He made a film.
他录了一个录像带
A film which is protected under the first amendment.
第一修正案所保护的录像带
Uh, Denise.
啊,丹尼斯
Paul, uh, I can't, not now.
保罗,啊,我不能,不是现在
Shirley, I had a thought.
雪莉,我有一个想法
Ride with me.
和我一起乘电梯
Get out!
出去
No!
不
And if he filmed it for distribution to entertain an audience,
要是他录下来是为了娱乐用途
that's pornography, which is protected under the first amendment.
那就是色情电影,受第一修正案保护
Good thinking.
好想法
What is that pounding?
这是什么声音?
This building has a lot of quirks. Haven't you noticed?
这栋楼有很多奇怪的地方,你没有发现吗?
Great.
太好了
I need your help.
我需要你的帮助
Hannah, this is Rachel Lewiston.
汉纳,这是瑞秋·刘易斯顿
Hi, Hannah.
你好,汉纳
Hi.
嗨
I'm just gonna be out there.
我出去一下
Well, nothing awkward about this, is there?
恩,这没有什么尴尬的,是吗?
I'm sorry, but why am I even talking to you?
对不起,但是为什么我要和你说话呢
Honestly, 'cause your uncle is a little lame.
诚实的说,因为你的叔叔有点无力
Yeah, he thought I could help you,
是的,他认为我能帮助你
but the only thing I can think to do is to tell you about Jenny Diner.
但是我能想到唯一可以做的事就是,告诉你关于Jenny Diner的事
Who?
谁?
She was a girl I met in rehab.
她是在我在康复中心遇见的一个女孩
I was there recently.
我最近在那里
Jenny's about your age, angry as hell.
詹妮差不多和你一样大,非常愤怒
We got along great.
我们相处得很好
I mean, there were other addicts there who I had more in common with,
我的意思是,我可能和别的瘾君子有更多的共同点
but Jenny and I, um,
但是詹妮和我,恩
well, we really understood each other.
恩,我们真的很了解彼此
I, um...
我,恩
I mentioned it to one of the counselors one day.
我有一天对一个顾问提到了这个
He said he wasn't surprised.
他说他并不惊奇
They've done studies that show
他们做了一个试验
that drug and alcohol abuse stunts your emotional growth.
显示说滥用毒品和酒精可以阻碍你的情感成长
Whatever age you start abusing, that's the age you are emotionally,
不管你是从什么时候开始服用的,那就是你的心理年龄
so even though I'm pushing the big 40,
所以虽然我已经快40了
and I'm raising a 3yearold, in many ways, I'm still 16,
我有一个3岁的孩子,但在很多方面,我还是16岁
which is why my father's stare can still make me feel 2 feet tall.
也正因为此我爸爸的凝视,仍然让我觉得自己只有两英尺高
And why my best friend and confidant in rehab was a 16 year old hooked on heroin.
也正因此,我在康复中心,最好的朋友和知心是一个吸毒的16岁女孩
I don't do drugs.
我不吸毒
Hannah
汉纳...
I just want to tell you
我只想告诉你
the one thing I learned the really, really hard way,
我好不容易,真的好不容易学到的一件事
and that is you have to own your crap.
你必须自食其果
What you do, what you say, who you hurt,
你所作的 你所说的 你所伤害的
you have to own all of it.
你必须都自食其果
And if you don't want to be stuck here at age 16 for the rest of your life,
要是你不想后半生都停滞在16岁
you're gonna have to tell people what happened.
你要告诉人们发生了什么
Your honor, the defense's motion to dismiss is absurd.
阁下,被告及其辩护人,要求无罪释放的要求是荒谬的
We have a videotape which clearly shows that the defendant was caught fully...
我们有一个录像,清晰地显示被告被逮倒时完全是在
in the commission of the illegal act.
从事非法行为
It used to be called in flagrante delicto,
这通常被称为当场抓捕
but people don't speak as colorfully anymore.
但是人们不再那么带有色彩地说了
It's a damn shame, too.
这也是个该死的羞耻
Ms. Stanger.
Stanger小姐
Professor Cabot was indeed in that motel room.
卡伯特教授确实在那个汽车旅馆的房间里
He did purchase the services of Lafonda Raymond,
他确实购买了Lafonda Raymond的服务
and he did set up his camera and make a videotape,
他架起他的摄像机,录制了一盘录像带
and that is why these charges should be dismissed.
这就是为什么要解除对他的指控
I'm not following you, Ms. Stanger.
我不太明白,Stanger小姐
Your honor, professor Cabot was not engaged in an act of prostitution.
阁下,卡伯特教授并非在嫖娼
He was, in fact, making a pornographic movie,
他事实上,在制作一盘色情电影
and as a result, everything he did is protected under the first amendment.
所以,他所作的一切都是受第一修正案保护的
Oh, come on.
哦,算了吧
Your honor, professor Cabot is a distinguished professor and budding director,
阁下,卡伯特教授是一位优秀的教授,,也是一名初涉影坛的导演
but unlike many other firsttime independent filmmakers...
但是与很多其他第一次,独立拍摄电影的制作人不同
Please!
拜托
Professor Cabot comes to his subject after years of study and research,
卡伯特教授在经过了多年的学习和研究,之后才开始从事这个活动
which will only serve to broaden and deepen
这只是为了扩大深化
the potential impact of his cinematic creation.
他电影制作的潜在影响力
Wow.
哇呜
I hope you can see through this ridiculous smokescreen.
我希望你能看穿这层可笑的烟雾弹
It doesn't matter if the defendant is a professor or a bog worker.
被告人是名教授还是沼泽工人毫无关系
It doesn't matter if he had ten cameras rolling the whole time.
他有十台摄像机同时运转也毫无干系
The fact is, he paid to have sex with a prostitute, and that's against the law.
事实是,他付给妓女钱以发生性关系,这是违法的
Your honor, I have a witness who will prove my argument.
阁下,我有一名证人来证实我的论点
Mr. Craven, have you had a chance to look at the film made by professor Cabot?
克雷文先生,你有机会看到卡伯特教授所制作的电影吗?
Yes.
是的
In your expert opinion as a filmmaker, what is professor Cabot doing in the film?
作为一名电影制作人,从您的专业观点来看,卡伯特教授在电影里做什么?
Well, he's acting, he's directing the action
恩,他在表演,他在导演动作
and, of course, he's screwing.
当然,他也参与其中
As part of his performance?
是他表演的一部分吗?
Yes.
是的
So we have acting, directing, cinematography...
所以我们有表演,导演,电影术
If you include his humming, he's doing the score.
要是你是指包括他的低吟,他在使表演更精彩
We're talking about a film here, aren't we?
我们这里说的是电影不是吗?
Oh, yes.
哦,是的
Now I think we would all agree that this isn't a particularly good film.
现在我想我们都会同意,这不是一个非常好的电影
Oh, boy.
哦,天呢
But let me ask you this.
但是让我问你这个问题
Is this film, a film produced and directed by professor Cabot,
这个电影,卡伯特教授所制作并导演的电影
starring himself and Lafonda,
以他自己和Lafonda为主角
is it the worst film you've ever seen?
是你所看过的最糟糕的电影吗?
No, not by a long shot.
不,就长镜头电影来说不是的
It was just stuff from the drug store, prescriptions.
只是从药店买来的药品,处方药品
It was safe.
它是安全的
No, not for Ryan.
不,对赖安来说不是
Everybody's on something.
每个人都要依靠一些东西
I have friends who have to take a pill to wake up in the morning,
我有些朋友需要服一片药,来帮助他们早上醒来
to go to sleep, to study.
来入睡,来学习
I need to take something to calm down before a test.
我需要服点什么来让自己在测验前平静下来
Hannah, I'm not here to judge.
汉纳,我不是来评判的
Yes, you are.
是的你是
Everyone is.
每个人都是
They're trying to pin this whole thing on me,
他们打算把整件事都栽到我身上
and I didn't organize the party,
不是我组织的聚会
and I didn't bring all the drugs.
也不是我带来的所有药品
Okay.
好的
But, um...
但是,恩
I gave Ryan the meds that killed him.
是我给了赖安那些杀死他的药
I was just trying to make him better.
我只是想让他感觉好一点.
You need to explain this to me.
你需要向我解释这些
I can't. You don't know what it's like to be depressed.
我不能,你不知道压抑是什么感觉
Sure I do.
我当然知道
No, you don't.
不,你不知道
Real depression affects you physically.
真正的抑郁在身体上影响着你
You literally can't get out of bed.
你简直不能从床上爬起来
There's a weight pressing down on you all the time.
一直有一种重量沉沉地压在你身上
You don't care if you eat, if you stink.
你不在乎你是否吃饭,发臭
It's all too much.
这太难受了
And Ryan had it.
赖安就是这样
I told him to talk to his parents.
我让他告诉他的父母
They told him to study harder and play sports after school.
他们告诉他更用功的学习,放学后做些运动
Ryan was drowning, and they couldn't see it.
赖安要死了,他们却看不见
The night of the party,
聚会的那天晚上
I swear, I gave Ryan the exact dose that I was taking.
我发誓,我给赖安的剂量,完全是我所服用的剂量
He must have, you know, had something first, or he was drinking,
他一定是,你知道,先服用了某种东西,或者他喝了酒
or I don't know, he was allergic, but he wasn't supposed to die, though!
或者我不知道,他过敏,但是他不应该死掉
He wasn't supposed to die.
他不应该死掉
He wasn't supposed to.
他不应该
So it's true?
所以这是真的?
Wes Craven was your ace in the hole?
Wes Craven是你的秘密武器?
Paul, she was brilliant. Paul
她太棒了
I know we're not supposed to say clients are guilty,
我知道我们不应该说委托人是有罪的
but this guy was guilty, and she got him off.
但是这个人有罪,而她让他脱身了
Oh...
哦
I'll see you guys.
呆会见
Marlene, tell me more. Marlene
再告诉我详细点
Shirley, I realize there's no way that I can say this without sounding petty,
雪莉,我知道我说这个可能显得有点小器
but that whole pornographyslash first amendment rights thing,
但是这个所有的色情电影的想法,第一修正案权利
that was my idea.
都是我的主意
Yeah, it sounds like you, but, Denise,
是的,听起来就像你的,但是丹尼斯
she got to the elevator first.
她捷足先登了
Denny Crane
丹尼·克兰.
Denny Crane
丹尼·克兰.
I sometimes forget that you're famous.
我有时候会忘记你是个出名的人
I'm wellknown.
我是挺出名
What a small world.
多么小的世界
And what big...
多么大的...
You knew she'd be here.
你知道她会在这里
It's her favorite restaurant.
这是她最喜欢的餐馆
My God, they're beautiful.
我的天,它们真漂亮
Courtney
考特尼!
Hey, hey, hey.
嘿嘿嘿
Knock it off, give her some space!
别这样,给她点空间
What's the matter with you?
你怎么了?
Hey, hey.
嘿嘿
She's magnificent.
她太美了
Ever see the show she hosts?
你看过她主持的节目吗?
It's called "the Phoenix. "
叫做《凤凰》
Is it about mythology?
是关于神话的吗?
Oh, yeah, people would watch that.
哦,是的,应该看看
No, it's a reality show.
不,是个真人秀
They take these wrecked broads and make them look, uh, pretty.
他们拿些破木板,然后让它们看起来,啊,很漂亮
She could at least have shared a drink with me.
她最起码应该和我喝杯酒
Why should she? You stalked her.
为什么她应该,你跟踪她
I did not stalk her.
我没跟踪她
You found out where she eats. You showed up. That's stalking.
你找到她在哪里吃饭,你现身,这就是跟踪
All right, why are you still miffed at me?
好吧,你为什么对我生气?
I'm not miffed, Denny.
我没有生气,丹尼
You're miffed enough to ruin my meal.
你的生气足够来毁掉我的晚餐
I thought being my plugpuller would be an honor.
我以为拔我的插头是个荣誉
It is. And I'm not saying I don't want to be the one to pull your plug.
那是的,我没说我不想拔你的插头
I just felt the way the whole package was presented to me was wrong.
我只是觉得将所有都准备好了,才让我知道是错的
I just told you to sign my document.
我只是告诉你签我的文件
Exactly. With something as monumental as that,
确实是,像那样大的事情
you don't just push a piece of paper in one's face.
你不应该把一张纸推到一个人的面前
You discuss it first.
你应该先讨论一下
We've discussed it plenty of times. You said you would shoot me.
我们讨论过很多次了,你说过你可以向我射击
There's a difference between talking about it and signing a legal document.
讨论和签署一个法律文件是不同的
You're a fricking lawyer for God's sake. That's what you do!
看在上帝的份上,你是个律师,那是你的职业
With others, yes. When it comes to my personal life,
对别人来说,是的,但是对我的个人生活来说
I don't actually sign contracts at the drop of a hat.
我不会别人一张口就签署合约
When I say I'll do something, I do it, regardless of a piece of paper.
当我说我要做什么的时候,我就会做,不去管有没有文件
And I expect people to hold me to my word.
我也希望人们拿我的话当真
What's the matter with you?
你是怎么了?
People don't do that anymore.
人们不再那样做了
And you certainly can't expect the hospital to acknowledge your word.
你肯定也不能期望医院承认你的话
In this case, I can see that.
在这种情况下,我可以知道
Well, are you gonna sign the damn thing or not?
哦,你到底要不要签这个该死的东西?
Okay.
好吧
I apologize.
我道歉
How about I ask you properly?
我换个问法怎么样?
Okay.
好吧
Would you do me the honor of killing me?
我有这个荣幸让你杀掉我吗?
I will.
我会的
Waiter, champagne.
侍者,香槟
This is just a nightmare.
这简直是个噩梦
It is, but...
是的,但是
we've got a case.
我们有个案子
Oh, thank God.
哦,谢天谢地
Hannah had a very compelling motive for giving Ryan those pills,
汉纳有很强烈的动机要给赖安那些药片
and I'm almost positive that I can plead out.
我几乎可以确定我能帮助她认罪减刑
She told you she gave him the pills?
她告诉你她给了他药片?
Yes.
是的
And I believe that she was trying to help him,
我相信她是为了帮助他
and I think she can convince the DA, too.
我相信她也可以说服地区检察官
Well, if she pleads guilty, will she get probation?
要是她请求有罪,那她会得到缓刑吗?
No.
不
It's, she's probably gonna have to do some time in a juvenile facility, maybe a year.
她很可能要青少年机构里服刑一段时间,也许是一年
No, it would kill her, Brad.
不,这会害死她,布拉德
She's a sick girl!
她有病的
I'll get the best deal that I can,
我会尽力让她得到最好的待遇
but I'm certain it's gonna involve some jail time.
但是我确定肯定要判一段时间刑
A kid died, Beth.
一个孩子死了,贝丝
What if she says she didn't do it?
要是她说她没有做过呢?
But she did it.
但是她做了
Yeah, well, there were a lot of other kids at that party.
是的,嗯,在那个聚会上还有很多其他孩子
That, that one, Jason has a prior drug conviction.
那个,那一个,詹森有吸毒前科
What if Hannah just keeps her mouth shut?
要是汉纳不说呢?
Beth, what are you asking me to do?
贝丝,你要我做什么?
I'm asking you to do what's best for your niece.
我要你做对你的侄女最有利的事情
What's best for her is to tell the truth
对她最有利的就是讲出实情
and get this behind her and to get on with her life.
让她忘掉这件事,开始新的生活
No, what's best is to keep her out of jail.
不,对她最好的事就是不让她进监狱
I'm not gonna pin this on some other kid when I know that Hannah did it.
我知道是汉纳做的,,我就不会诬陷别的孩子
Then I'm getting another lawyer.
那么我再找个律师
Hi, Denise.
嗨,丹尼斯.
Marlene
马琳.
You know, those girls were right.
你知道,这些女孩是对的
We really do make a pretty good team.
我们确实是个非常优秀的团队
I like the way we bounce ideas off each other.
我喜欢我们从彼此那里得到灵感
Well, you know what they say, Marlene.
你知道他们说什么,马琳
You can't beat an idea whose time has come, and, Marlene,
不是不报,时候未到,马琳
your time is coming.
你的时候到了
Does my mom know we're having this conversation?
我的妈妈知道我们的这次对话吗?
Hannah, your mother,
汉纳,你的妈妈
she likes perfect endings.
她喜欢完美的结局
Tell me about it.
说说看
There's no perfect ending here.
这里没有完美的结局
There's a lousy one,
只有糟糕的
where a kid is dead, you're held accountable,
一个孩子死了,你负了责
you end up serving six months, possibly a year in jail.
你会在监狱里服刑半年,也许是一年
Then there's a catastrophic one,
还有一个悲剧性的结局
where a kid is dead, you try to avoid being held accountable.
一个孩子死了,你试图逃避责任
You roll the dice. You go to trial. You lose.
你碰碰运气,你选择上庭,你输了
You end up serving three years, possibly more.
结果你就要服刑三年,可能更多
Now this perfect life that your mother was so determined for you to have, that's off the table.
现在你的妈妈坚持要你拥有的完美生活,没有可能性
She's not seeing clearly on this.
她看不清这些
And you are?
你看清了?
I know the law,
我了解法律
and I know your mom.
我也了解你妈妈
Yes, I'm the one you should be listening to right now.
是的,我就是你现在所要听从的人
Six months?
六个月?
Juvenile, minimum security.
少管所,最好的情况
I may even be able to do better, but you gotta trust me.
我可能还可以做得更好,但你要信任我
Okay, this is going to look like I am completely kissing your ass, and I am,
好吧,这看起来我是在拍马屁,而我确实是
but look what I actually found in the cold aisle at the grocery store.
但是看看我在杂货店的冰柜里找到了什么
"Schmidt" beer.
Schmidt啤酒
Well, would you look at that?
啊,看看这个
You know I'm good.
你知道我是很棒的
You're very good.
你是很棒的
I spent nine years working my tail off to make partner.
我花了九年的时间来努力工作要成为合伙人
In three minutes she comes in and tries to take my spot.
三分钟她就进来了还试图抢我的位子
Marlene?
马琳?
Squid.
乌贼
Ruthless, horrible sea creature.
无情的可怕的海洋生物
It's so unfair when people like that win.
人们喜欢这种赢法真是不公平
So don't let her.
那就不要让她赢
Right.
对
What?
什么?
You just kinda...
你有点
broke it for me.
打断了我
Sorry.
对不起
No, it's not your fault.
不,这不是你的错
It's this thing with my niece.
是我的侄女
We're friends with benefits.
我们是"互利朋友"
This is supposed to be our break from all those hassles.
本来的目的就是,从这些烦人的工作中获得休息的机会
I just can't let it go.
我只是不能释怀
Maybe it would help if you didn't think about it personally.
也许如果你不从私人的角度,来考虑这件事会有所帮助
You know, if you thought about it like an attorney.
你知道,要是你像一名律师一样来想这件事
Okay.
好的
Brad, nothing excites you as much as the law.
布拉德,再没有比法律更让你激动的东西了
I know.
我知道
So imagine yourself...
所以想象一下你自己
standing tall in front of the jury box,
高高地站在陪审席前面
adrenaline pumping, juices flowing,
肾上腺素涌动着,挥洒汗水
the judge up there with his gavel,
法官在那里拿着法槌
banging,
邦
banging,
邦
banging.
邦
Oh, yeah.
哦,是的
I bet Marlene isn't getting laid right now.
我打赌马琳还是老处女
Alan, I want you to know, when we get back to Boston, Alan
我想要你知道,我们回到波士顿后
first thing I'm gonna do is sign your living will, be your plugpuller.
我要做的第一件事就是签署你的生前遗嘱,做你的拔插头者
You don't have to do that, Denny.
你不用这么做,丹尼
I want to do that.
我想要这么做
It meant a great deal to me
这对我来说意义重大
when you agreed to give me the, the big sendoff.
当你同意要给我这个,这个巨大的礼物
It was a great show of affection, of love.
这显示了极大的关心,爱
You showed me yours. Now I want to show you mine.
你显示了你的,现在我要显示给你我的
I certainly appreciate that,
我很感谢
but the fact is my living will, as it were, is taken care of.
但事实是我的生前遗嘱,有人照管
Well, we'll amend it.
那么,我们就修改它
There's really no need.
真的没有必要
I want to.
我想要
You don't have to.
你不需要
But I want to.
但是我想要
It's fine. It's not.
没关系的,有关系
I'm telling you it is.
我告诉你没关系
I'm telling you it's not.
我告诉你有关系
What are we talking about?
我们在谈什么?
My living will.
我的生前遗嘱
Right. So first thing we get back,
对,所以我们回去后的第一件事
I sign on as your plugpuller, cased closed.
我签署为你的拔插头者,结案了
No.
不
Is there something you're not telling me? Is there somebody else?
是不是有什么事你没有告诉我?是不是有其他人?
No, it's just I've made my arrangements.
不,只是我已经安排好了
It's not a particularly pleasant subject to revisit,
再重新审阅这个并不是一件很快乐的事
so I'm going to preserve the status quo.
所以我想维持现状
You don't trust me.
你不信任我
I'd trust you.
我信任你
Not with this. Not with your life. Waiter, bring him the check. over the prospect of pulling the plug on the other.
在你的生命上不是,侍应生,让他付帐
Denny
丹尼...
The trouble with you is your brain is so clogged up with big words,
你的问题就是你满脑子都是宏篇大论
you don't have room for the stuff that's really important.
你没有给那些真正重要的事留下空间
Trust in a friendship is a 2way street, or there's no friendship.
友谊中的信任是一条双程道,否则就没有友谊真正的友谊不包括一个人在,拔掉另一个的插头方面无比轻率
I'm not giddy!
我不轻率
You are. I think part of you really wants to be the guy who kills me.
你是的,我觉得你有一部分,实际上很想成为杀死我的那个人
I just shot someone.
我开枪打了一个人
It's over here.
在那里
It's Courtney.
是考特尼
Denny Crane
丹尼·克兰.
Everything's gonna be all right.
一切都会没事的
Denny Crane
丹尼·克兰.
Call 911.
拨911
Denny Crane. Crane, what's going on? Crane
丹尼·克兰怎么了?
Who is that? Get out of the way.
是谁?别挡道
Denny Crane
丹尼·克兰.
Sir, sir, who are you?
先生,先生,你是谁?
No, he's still breathing.
不,他还有呼吸