To be a novelist, you have to select.You have to shape and sculpt.Why?
作为一名作家 你必须学会取舍 必须学会精雕细琢 为什么?
Because we've been working for two years and the book is only 100 pages shorter.
因为我们努力了整整两年 但这本书仅仅只削减了一百页的内容
Five goddamn seconds of peace is all I ask!Can't you give me five goddamn seconds? God damn.
我只需要五秒钟 让我安静一会儿!你就不能给我安静五秒吗? 该死!
It's the tip of the iceberg, Tom. You're giving me the full iceberg.
这里只需要随笔带过就行了 汤姆 不用把所有细节都交代清楚
So you're saying this is trash, this is trash...
所以你是说 这些都是垃圾 垃圾...
You knew this was gonna happen.Why are you playing all dewyeyed ingenue?
你明明知道我不会来,为什么还要这么天真的做无用功?
Because I did not imagine, even taking you at your absolute worst... you could be so selfish.
因为我自以为已经非常了解你 知道你的所有缺点 但没想到你竟如此的自私
I can't turn my back on the work.Aline! It's what I do. It's my job.
我不能把我的工作丢在一边。艾琳! 那是我的工作啊 是我的梦想
And this is my job.When will you ever learn how much an opening night means to me?
这也是我的工作。你到底什么时候才能意识到 首演对于我来讲是有多么重要?
Is this all right?
我戴对了吗?
Yes, you look lovely.
对 你看起来很漂亮
Could you please put the scarf on your downstage shoulder when you enter?Thank you.
你上台的时候 能把围巾放在面向观众一边的肩膀上吗? 谢谢
It's an important night for me. I need you here.
今晚对我来讲非常重要 我需要你
I have to work tonight.
但我今晚得工作
You've been working every single night for the past two years.
这两年来 你每晚都要工作
Do you have any idea what it's like... coming home to an empty apartment every night?
你知道当你每次回家 都要面对空无一人的房间 是怎样的感受吗?