I know he's your friend, but you have no idea.
我知道他是你朋友 但你无法想像
He crippled me.
他拖了我后腿
He deformed my work.
毁了我的作品
He as much admitted it.
他自己都承认了
And then he tried to take all the credit for my success.
然后他还想把我的成功 全部归功于自己
He did no such thing. Do you know how much you hurt him?
他不是这种人 你知道自己伤他有多深吗?
We hurt each other.
我们那是互相伤害
Don't be glib with me, Tom.
别跟我油嘴滑舌的 汤姆
You don't know what he did to me.
你不知道他对我做了什么
What he did to you?
他对你做了什么? 嗯
What did he do? He made all your dreams come true.
他做了什么? 他帮你实现了自己的所有梦想
He gave you a career, a life!
他给了你一份工作 一个新的生活!
There. The Scribner party line. I expected more from you.
你这回答也太官方了吧 我还以为你能说些与众不同的呢
That decent man believed in you when nobody else would.
当其他人都对你冷眼相向的时候 这个好心人选择了相信你
He poured all his hopes and dreams into you.
他将所有的希望和梦想 都倾注于你
All the things he would never do, all the books he would never write.
所有他不曾做过的事 他都做了 所有他不曾触碰的文学形式 他都尝试了
And now you repay him with ugly accusations and brutality.
现在倒好 你却以不堪的谴责和冷漠来回报他
You ought to be ashamed of yourself!
你应该为自己感到羞耻!
That man has a genius for friendship... and you've squandered it.
那个男人发掘了你 你却把这一份友谊 肆意丢弃
There will come a day... when you're not the success you are now.
总会有一天 你不会像现在这样风光无限
It's a long road then, believe me.
你的路还长着呢 相信我
Why hurt the one man who will walk on that road with you?
为什么要伤害一个 愿意为你分担 愿和你同行的人的心呢?
Daddy?
爸爸?
Hello, puppet.
你好啊 小甜心
Why doesn't Tom come around anymore?
为什么汤姆不来我们家了?
Oh, Nancy. Tom needs some time for himself.
噢 南希 汤姆需要一个人静一静