Afternoon, Mr. Perkins.
午安 柏金斯先生
Afternoon, James.
午安 詹姆斯
Dear Max...
亲爱的麦克斯
I've got a hunch.
我预感到自己的死亡
And I wanted to write these words to you.
所以把这些想对你说的话 写了下来
I've made a long voyage and been to a strange country...
我旅行了很长一段时间 来到一个陌生的国度
and I've seen the dark man very close.
和内心那个黑暗的自己面对面
And I don't think I was too much afraid of him.
我不认为自己有多惧怕他
But I want most desperately to live.
但我最想做的事 还是活下去
I want to see you again.
我想再和你见一面
For there is such impossible anguish and regret...
我有好多痛苦 好多抱歉 想要对你说
for all I can never say to you...
但已经没有机会了
for all the work I have to do.
我还有好多的想法 没有付诸实践
I feel as if a great window has been opened on life.
这感觉就像是一扇窗口被打开 你之前的一生在你眼前回放
And if I come through this...
如果我能安然度过
I hope to God I am a better man...
我希望自己能成为一个更好的人
and can live up to you.
做到不辜负你的期望
But most of all...
但最重要的是
I wanted to tell you, no matter what happens...
我想告诉你 无论发生什么
I shall always feel about you...
我对你的感受都不会改变
the way I did that November day...
都会像十一月的那天
when you met me at the boat...
当你来码头接我
and we went on top of the building...
我们爬上楼顶
and all the strangeness and the glory and the power of life were below.
一起感受生命的冷暖 荣耀以及它所散发出来的力量那样
Yours always...
你永远的朋友
Tom.
汤姆