Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, running in the house.
喔,喔,喔,又在家里乱跑
Grandpa's here! And Aunt Gloria!
祖父来啦,还有歌莉亚阿姨
If I leave, can you keep your mouth shut?
我要是走了,你能为我保密吗
Elizabeth, are you hiding your sugar bowl from me?
伊丽莎白,你是不是把糖罐藏起来了
Gene, I think I have some packets from Howard.Johnson's.
吉恩,有没有霍华德.约翰逊寄给我的包裹
No, no.
没有啊
Daddy, have a saccharine or nothing.
爸爸,最多只能吃块糖精
Where is your sugar bowl?
你的糖罐呢
Do you want to wake up
你想像赫尔曼外公那样
With a cold leg like grandpa Herman?
一觉醒来发现腿不能动了吗
Diabetics don't live long,
糖尿病人都活不长
And sometimes they lose their legs.
有时候连腿都保不住
Grandpa!
外公
Good morning.
早上好
Good to see you, Gene.
很高兴见到你,吉恩
Don.
唐
This is my friend Gloria.
这是我朋友歌莉亚
I heard you might be joining us.
我早听说您会来
It's good to have another woman around,
身边多位女士真好
Give Betty a break.
让贝蒂喘口气
Oh, I live to serve.
我天生伺候人的命
Hey, you heard that, right?
喂,你听见这话了吗
I have a witness.
你可以作证
She's a hell of a sport.
她可不是开玩笑的
Don, will you help me with the suitcase?
唐,你能帮我提个箱子吗
We're only going for the weekend.
我们就去过个周末啊
I can't get it out of the closet.
我没法把它从衣橱里拿出来
Honestly, it's unseemly.
老实说,这样讲不太好
I can imagine everyone at the club.
我都能想象得出,俱乐部里的人会怎么议论
"Was she waiting at the funeral unbuttoning her top button "
她是不是在葬礼, 松开上衣纽扣
Like for some Sadie Hawkins dance?"
像等着跳交谊舞似的"
She seems like a perfectly nice lady.
她看上去很不错啊
What am I supposed to do with this, fill it with hay?
我该拿这箱子怎么办,往里面装干草吗
How far do you want to go with this?
你带着它做什么
Oh, I'll say you talked me out of it.
哦,我等会就说你不让我带
She's a vulture.
她是个寄生虫
Her husband was a failure.
她丈夫是个窝囊废
When he died,
当他去世的时候
They found out he'd cheated on his income taxes.
他们发现他曾在所得税上做了手脚
And her kids... Louise never married.
而她的孩子们也...路易从没结过婚
Two more years and she'll be hanging out at funerals, too.
再过两年,她又可以在葬礼上寻欢了
Huntley... he was my brother's age.
亨特利,他只活到了我哥的年岁
He was always "funny".
他总是很"风趣"
Birdie, your father was married, what, 40 years?
亲爱的,你爸爸过了40年的婚姻生活
The man can hardly fix himself a cup of tea,
他连喝杯茶都不会自己倒
Let alone do laundry.
更别说洗衣服了
All he needs is a housekeeper.
他需要的只是一个管家
A housekeeper goes home at night.
管家可不在家过夜啊
Don.
唐
Let him have it.
随他去吧
And that fake smile.
还有那假笑
You've been looking forward to the beach.
你早就盼着去海滩了
Let her cook.
让她来烧饭
Let your father put some stones by that wall
让你父亲沿船边堆些石头
So we stop getting water underneath the deck.
免得水打到甲板上来
I guess I won't have to worry about talking to her.
我想我也不用费心找她谈谈了
She never stops.
她本性难移
Just get through today.
只要熬过今天
I'll be there tomorrow afternoon.
我明天中午就过去
We'll go to that place with the lobster rolls.
然后我们去吃龙虾卷
Just come now.
现在一起走吧
You hate the way I drive. But my father taught me.
你不是讨厌我开车吗,但我爸就这么教我的
Half the office is cleared out.
半个办公室的人都被裁了
It's Kennedy, Kennedy, Kennedy, Kennedy
这是肯尼迪,肯尼迪,肯尼迪
Kennedy, Kennedy, Ken-nedy for me
肯尼迪,肯尼迪,我的肯尼迪
Do you like a man who has some spritz?
你喜不喜欢一个喷着发胶的男人
A man who's always fair
一个公正的人
We'll wager him against the others
我们把赌注下在他身上
And when you compare
当你做个比较时
It looks like a Maypo ad.
看上去像麦博麦片的广告
It's incredible.
难以置信
Happy days are here again.
快乐的日子再度来到
I'm just wild about Harry.
我只是对哈里生气
It's light, it's fun,
这则广告通俗有趣
It doesn't cloud the mind with, I don't know, issues?
但不能让观众意识到竞选的争议所在
And it's catchy.
它太琅琅上口
It's catchy like it gets in your head
仿佛钻进你的头
And makes you want to blow your brains out.
让你想对着大脑开一枪
The president is a product, don't forget that.
总统职位就是件商品,要切记
I would like to talk to you for a moment
我想耽误您片刻的时间
About dollars and cents.
聊一聊金钱
Your dollars and cents.
您的一分一厘
Now, my opponents want to increase federal expenditures
如今,我的反对者想增加政府开支
As much as $18 billion a year.
每年多达180亿美元
How will they pay for it?
他们如何来支付这笔钱呢
There are only two ways.
有两种途径
One is to raise your taxes.
一是提高您的税收
Turn it off.
把它关了
The other...
二是...
An ad made by a public relations team.
由公关团队做的广告
Message received and forgotten.
信息被接收后,会被迅速遗忘
We should give this to Franz for some music.
我们该把这个交给弗兰茨,让他配点背景乐
Nixon's campaign song in the key of E.
尼克松阵营以E为主键编曲
Ethel, go get the ice pick
埃塞尔,拿点冰块来
That Nixon guy is on TV again
那个叫尼克松的家伙,又上电视啦
Should have never been this close.
不用做得跟他们相似
I'd say we could run them again,
我说我们可以把它们重新做一遍
But I don't think you want to see them.
但我觉得你不会想看
Oh, I've seen them.
哦,我已经看过了
Which reminds me,
这倒提醒了我
You people are not watching enough television.
你们这些人都不常看电视了
It is your job. The shows and the ads.
这可是你的工作,表演秀和广告
I was just wondering,
我刚刚在想
There must be any number of people
现在一定有些人
Harvesting mud on Johnny.Kennedy right now.
在诋毁约翰.肯尼迪
Have we heard anything?
我们听到什么消息了吗
We hear things. Nothing useful.
听是听说了,没什么有用的
He's a womanizer.
说他是个花花公子
That's not going to hurt him.
但这不会影响他
Women find out about that, it'll push him over the top.
女人们知道了,反而会提升他的人气
Nixon is still ahead in the polls.
尼克松仍然在票选中领先
Should have never been this close.
不用这么诋毁他们
Why do we need to attack when there is a story to tell?
当我们自己有故事要说,为什么还要攻击他人
Jonhy Kennedy: Nouveau riche,
约翰.肯尼迪,是个暴发户
Recent immigrant who bought his way into Harvard.
曾花钱进了哈佛的外来移民
And now he's well-bred? Great.
现在他变得风度翩翩了吗,好吧
Nixon is from nothing.
尼克松曾一无所有
A self-made man, the Abe.Lincoln of California,
白手起家,加州的亚伯.林肯
Who was Vice President of the United States
在他从海军退伍6年后
Six years after getting out of the Navy.
就担任美国副总统一职
Kennedy? I see a silver spoon.
在肯尼迪身上,我看见了一把银汤匙
Nixon? I see myself.
在尼克松身上,我看见了我自己
If we were to run a critical ad,
如果我们做一则批判式广告
There are obvious benefits.
会有明显的收效
When you run an ad that's positive,
你做一则歌功颂德的广告时
You're only convincing people
你只是在说服
Who are already voting for you.
那些已经决定支持你的人们
But when you run an ad that's critical,
但当你做一则批判式广告
You get a shot at the people on the fence.
你就能争取到还在观望的人们
There are a lot of people on the fence.
有很多人现在还在观望
Gentlemen, whether the Nixon campaign wants it or not,
先生们,无论尼克松阵营愿不愿意
We have to produce a spot that aims a Howitzer at Kennedy's balls.
我们都必须击中肯尼迪的要害
I want to hear ideas.
我需要你们提供些想法
After the long weekend.
等过完这周末向我汇报
I agree. Let's go down swinging.
我同意,虽败犹荣
If we can switch to a conversation about paying clients,
我们现在聊聊签约客户吧
Menken's is coming in today to sign off on the roll out.
梅肯今天会来敲定合约
Father and daughter.
他们父女都来
I get the feeling old Abe.Schmenken can kill this whole thing.
我感觉这个老亚伯.舒麦肯一定会坏事
Of course, the checks have cleared already,
当然,收费的事宜已经谈妥了
But... Don,
但是...唐
I want you to go in and ride bare-back over Paul here.
我要你去跟保罗唇枪舌剑一番
Done.
没问题
And, uh, Don, I want you on your best behavior.
还有,唐,我要你发挥出最好的水平
Excuse me?
什么
I know she bothers you.
我知道她令你困扰
Miss Holloway, may I?
霍洛韦小姐,能跟你谈谈吗
I really need to get to the bottom of that.
有件事我非常想弄清楚
Yes, I would like to get a look at those.
是的,我很想看看那些
Margaret and Mona are off to Block Island for Labor Day.
玛格丽特和莫娜要去关岛过劳动节
Gone for the weekend
周末和这镇上
Along with every other wife in town.
所有的妻子们一起离开
We can go anywhere tonight.
我们今晚想去哪都行
We can see a Broadway show,
我们可以去看百老汇的演出
Then sit at any table at The Colony
然后去殖民地酒吧找个卡座
With our clothes off if we want to.
如果愿意还可以一丝不挂
How about a movie?
去看场电影如何
Have you seen The Apartment?
你看过《公寓》吗
I went last week with Mona and Margaret.
我上周带莫娜和玛格丽特看过了
I heard Shirley MacLaine is good.
我听说雪莉.麦克莲恩演得不错
Oh, please.
哦,不是吧
A white elevator operator?
一个负责按电梯的白人
And a girl at that?
和一个坐电梯的女孩
I want to work at that place.
我都想在那种场所工作了
Oh, I bet you do.
哦,肯定的
The way those men treated that poor girl,
那些男人对待她的方式
Handing her around like a tray of canapes.
分享她,如同分享一盘鱼子酱
She tried to commit suicide.
她试着自杀
So you saw it, huh?
你看过了,对吧
Ah, Red, that's not how it is.
啊,现实不是这样的
Look, it was crude.
这是很残忍
That's the way pictures are now.
但这是如今画面的表现手法
You see that ridiculous Psycho?
你看过那部荒谬的《惊魂记》吗
Hollywood isn't happy unless things are extreme.
好莱坞总是乐此不疲地,拍摄极端的画面
It didn't seem that extreme to me.
对我来说,这并不极端
Are we actually going to get in a fight over a movie?
我们难道要为了一场电影而争吵吗
You know, Mona had a dream once
你知道吗,莫娜曾经梦到
Where I hit the dog with the car.
我开车撞了一条狗
She was mad at me all day, and I never hit the dog.
她为此气了我一整天,而我从来没撞到过狗
We don't even have a dog.
我们甚至没养过狗
Why don't I call you later?
我晚些时候再打电话给你吧
Uh, Joannie...
琼妮...
Call me soon, because we can go anywhere.
尽快打给我,去哪都行
The new atrium will make the store brighter
新大厅将使商铺更加明亮
And more vibrant.
更有生气
The aisles will be wider,
过道会更宽敞
Spotlighting these new chrome display cases.
聚光灯照在这些新的镀烙展示架上
Over here will be a new restaurant...
这里将有一家新餐厅
An elegant tea room.
一间优雅的茶室
Modern classic signs and champagne linens.
现代经典的饰品,加上香槟色的亚麻织物
A tea room is nice, but 30% of my ground floor
茶室确实不错,但底层30%的面积
Is devoted to the restaurant business?
都要贡献于餐馆的生意吗
Lunch and Shopping:
餐饮加购物:
A day of indulgence. It's what ladies like.
放松一整天,女士们会喜欢的
Yes, I saw that in the chapter here.
是的,我在文件上看见了
It's much longer than the little schedule that says we
篇幅倒是很长
Have to close our doors while it's getting nailed together.
起码比那份要我们停业装修的时间表长多了
Three months of construction,
工期三个月
During which time we build enormous anticipation.
在此期间,我们将营造出万众期待的气氛
Like a movie premier.
就像电影预告片
The New Menken's.
新麦肯购物城
You will have a line that first day.
开业第一天,就会有人在外面排队
Even if you have to pay people to stand in it.
哪怕花钱雇人排在其中
We'll do whatever it takes.
我们要不惜代价
Mr. Draper, my daughter's presence here
德雷珀先生,趁我女儿也在这儿
Should let you know that I am not against change.
我要让你知道,我并不守旧
And let us assume that this is the most
让我们假设这是零售业
Amazing idea in retail since "buy one get one free. "
自"买一送一"之后,最惊人的主意
I still don't understand
我还是不明白
Why we have to throw out the baby with the water.
为什么我们要冒这个险
Can't I keep what I have and just build on it?
为什么不能维持现状呢
Well, honestly,
老实说
The unpleasant truth is you don't have anything.
事实上你们目前已经不具优势了
Your customers cannot be depended on anymore.
这家店对消费者已经没有任何吸引力了
Their lives have changed.
他们的生活已经改变了
They're prosperous.
他们富有了
Over the years, they've developed new tastes.
这些年,他们的品味提升了
They're like your daughter:
他们就像您的女儿
Educated, sophisticated.
受过高等教育,高雅,有教养
They know full well what they deserve,
他们清楚自己该享受什么
And they're willing to pay for it.
并愿意为此买单
Why would I want to own a store
我本人就不会在这种商场里消费
That I wouldn't want to shop in?
何必建它呢
Mr. Menken, I don't know if that's true.
麦肯先生,这可不一定
You had no problem abandoning
您可以把第7大道
That second-floor hosiery store
二层的内衣店
On 7th Avenue for your present location.
搬到现在这个位置
And that's a story you'll be proud to
今后您可以骄傲地
Tell your grandchildren.
给您的孙儿们讲这个故事
The only problem is they won't care.
唯一的问题是,他们不会感兴趣
As much as Grandpa likes that marble palace,
他们远不如他们的祖父热爱那座大理石宫殿
I can promise you, they won't.
我可以保证,他们不会感兴趣
They'll look at it and they'll say,
他们只会看着它,然后说
"Grandpa, it must have been hard back in the olden days. "
"爷爷,过去的日子一定很艰苦吧"
And it was.
是啊
Everybody's jumping to forget it.
每个人都急于忘却过去
Excuse me, but this is not some phony story
抱歉,但这可不是你们这些人
You people print in your Fourth of July circulars.
在国庆日的传单上印制的虚假故事
My father actually started with nothing,
我父亲的确是白手起家
And he made it into everything we're talking about.
他造就了我们今天谈论的一切
Who here can say that?
谁也不能否认这一点
I meant no disrespect, sir.
我绝无冒犯,先生
None taken.
没关系
This is the plan, Daddy.
这是份周详的计划,爸爸
As you can see, it wasn't just thrown together.
如你所见,它并不草率
It does seem very well thought out.
确实考虑得很周详
It is.
确实
Pleasure to finally meet you.
很高兴终于见到您了
I hope you two know what you're doing.
我希望你们俩都清楚自己的所为
Looks like we both get to
看来,短时间内
Keep our jobs a little while longer.
我们又能保住饭碗了
Don't screw this up.
别搞砸了
I think he likes me.
我想他欣赏我
I guarantee you there is nothing about you he likes.
我肯定他对你没有任何兴趣
What about you?
那你呢
Daddy, can we?
爸爸,我们走吧
This place reminds me of a Czarist Ministry.
这个地方,让我想起沙皇统治时期
No matter what the decision,
无论决定了什么
You don't feel it was yours.
你都不觉得那是你的主意
Fortunately, I have no idea what you're talking about.
幸好,我听不懂您在说什么
He's very good. Persuasive.
他很不错,很有说服力
Yes.
是的
A little... dashing for my taste.
有点...浮夸,在我看来
Carol, it's 10:30.
卡罗,现在是10点半
Did we have lunch,
吃过午饭了吗
Because even I can't leave this early.
我今天可不能早走
No, I needed to talk to you.
不,我想跟你谈谈
Why aren't you at work?
你怎么没在上班呢
Don't tell me you're late again.
别告诉我,你的"那个"又没来
Do you need to see Dr. Emerson?
你要去看埃莫森医生吗
No. Good grief, Joan.
不,天啊,琼
Then what?
那怎么了
You walked 12 blocks in a heat wave.
这么热的天,你走了12个街区过来
And I see you didn't take my advice
而且我看你也没听我的
About the dress shields.
在腋下垫个汗垫
You know how Mr. Aldridge
你知道奥尔德里奇先生
Has had me reading the slush pile?
让我处理那些垃圾文件的事么
Yes, writing the rejection letters. You told me. It was depressing.
知道,写拒绝信嘛,你说过,挺郁闷的
I'm so stupid!
我太蠢了
This morning in the submissions meeting,
今天早上的反映会上
The editorial director asks why we haven't responded
总编问,我们为什么没回复
To this poet from Yale, Marlon Rice.
来自耶鲁大学的马龙?赖斯的诗
Mr. Aldridge tells him we never saw it.
奥尔德里奇先生告诉他,我们从没见过它
The the director asks me, and I cover for Mr. Aldridge.
主编又问我,我替奥尔德里奇先生掩饰了过去
I said that I had read it and rejected it.
我说是我读的信,并把它回绝了
Then they made Mr. Aldridge fire me.
然后他们让奥尔德里奇先生解雇了我
Oh, honey, that's awful.
哦,亲爱的,这太可恶了
He was really sorry about it.
他为此非常抱歉
Of course. That SOB. I know.
当然了,那个混蛋,我知道
I'm going to have to ask my dad for more money again.
我又要问我爸要钱花了
It's humiliating. Stop it.
真丢人,别这么说
You shouldn't be embarrassed.
你不用难堪
There's never enough money.
钱永远都不够花的
You always seem to manage.
你看上去就很自立
These men. We're constantly building them up.
男人啊,我们总是在为他们铺路
And for what?
为了什么呢
Dinner, jewelry. Who cares?
晚餐,珠宝,谁在乎这些啊
We need to go out and shake all this gloominess.
我们需要出去走走,把沮丧统统抛开
All I want to do is sit in the movies and cry.
我只想坐在电影院大哭一场
No movies.
别看电影了
Let's look for some actual bachelors.
我们去找些真正的单身汉
Empty their wallets.
掏空他们的钱包
I hate Manhattan sometimes.
有时候我真恨曼哈顿
Don't say that.
别这么说
This city is everything.
这座城就是一切
Where's Howdy Dowdy at?
霍地?道迪在哪
What can I do for you?
有什么事吗
I just got off the phone with
我刚跟史库尔博士品牌的
Brett Rowley at Dr. Scholl's.
布莱特?罗利通过电话
Don't tell me they're coming in again about the exercise sandals.
别告诉我,他们又要来谈运动凉鞋的事
Did you tell them summer's over?
你告诉他们,夏天已经过完了吗
They're not coming in. Ever.
他们不会来了,再也不会了
They're going to Leo Burnett.
他们打算去找里奥?伯内特
What? Why didn't he call me?
什么,他为何不打给我
Probably because they were disappointed with the creative.
可能因为,他们对创意的部分很失望
Rowley called it dull and humorless.
罗利觉得它呆板,没有幽默感
And what did you say? What could I say?
那你说了什么,我能说什么
I've never lost an account before.
我以前从没丢过客户
Especially one that was here before I got here.
特别是一个比我来这儿还早的老主顾
So you really put up a fight?
所以你跟他发生了口角
He had very strong feelings.
他很激动
Said some unpleasant things.
说了一些难听的话
Which you don't remember or I'm sure you'd tell me.
这些话你一定忘了,否则你肯定会说出来的
The day you sign a client
你签下客户的那天
Is the day you start losing them.
你就开始失去他们了
Are you going to tell Sterling or should I?
你去告诉斯特林,还是我去
Unless you think it can wait until after the weekend.
或者你觉得可以过了周末再说
I'll take care of it.
我来处理这件事
Were you buzzing me?
您在叫我吗
My intercom was making a funny sound.
我的对讲机发出了些奇怪的声音
Leave it.
别管它
Do you wear Dr. Scholl's inserts?
你穿史库尔博士牌的衣服吗
I thought we all had to.
我想我们都得穿
Take them out.
把它们脱了
Get rid of this, please.
请把这个扔了
We lost Dr. Scholl's.
我们丢了"史库尔博士"
Where?
丢给谁了
Leo.Burnett.
里奥.伯内特
Campbell enjoyed telling me
坎贝尔特意过来告诉我
It was something to do with creative.
说是创意出了问题
I thought I should tell you.
我想我该让你知道
Make sure the ink is dry on that raise.
以免有人兴风作浪
That fat piece of shit.
真该死
He's a cigarette ash.
他是个小人
Chicago. What a joke.
芝加哥人,真可笑
Small time.
一时得逞罢了
Sorry, maybe you're from there.
抱歉,也许你是从那来的
Well, I know I didn't drop the ball on this.
嗯,我知道这不是我的工作失误
Sales were steady.
他们的销售情况很稳定
It probably didn't help
这也不能成为
That our billings crept up for no apparent reason.
我们的广告费越来越高的原因
Eventually, an accountant is going to read the mail.
最终,会计会去核对账单
If you're trying to cheer me up, it's working.
如果你想安慰我,这话很奏效
The day you sign a client
你签下客户的那天
Is the day you start losing them.
你就开始失去他们了
You don't really believe that.
你并不相信这句话
You know what my father used to say?
你知道我父亲过去常说什么吗
Being with a client is like being in a marriage.
跟客户打交道,就像经历一次婚姻
Sometimes you get into it for the wrong reasons
有时你为了一些错误的原因,深陷其中
And eventually, they hit you in the face.
而最后,他们会给你迎头一击
Damn it.
该死
Are we supposed to cry about this?
我们该为此大哭一场吗
So we lost an account.
我们少了一个提款帐户
That means we'll just have to cut back.
这意味着我们将不得不削减开支
Let's go fire somebody.
裁几个人吧
It's Labor Day weekend.
这个周末是劳动节
Between now and Monday
从现在起直到周一
We have to fall in love a dozen times.
我们要好好地风流快活
Betty's at the shore. I'm headed down tomorrow.
贝蒂在海滩等我,我明天要过去
What do we work so hard for?
我们努力工作为了什么
To have enough money to buy fabulous vacations
为了赚足够的钱,让全家外出过周末
For our families so we can live it up here.
我们就能留在这儿纵情享乐
Give me tonight. You owe me that.
就今晚,你欠我的
I can use you as bait.
我可以用你做饵
There's a casting call at 4:00. Double-sided aluminum.
4点有个双面铝材广告的角色选拔会
If Freddie Rumsen's brain works
如果弗雷迪?拉姆森的大脑运转正常
The way I think it works, slow and obvious,
我说的正常是指,又慢又没新意
I think we should go down to casting
我想我们该过去
And see who's on the couch.
看看选手的情况
Remember, Don, when God closes a door,
记住,唐,当上帝关上一扇门
He opens a dress.
他会掀起一条裙子
What do you have there? Precious cargo?
你手里拿着什么,重要的文件吗
Mr. Rumsen has me trafficking the Belle Jolie pouch.
拉姆森先生要我去送妙龄佳人公司的文件
Aren't you a busy beaver?
你真是只忙碌的海狸啊
Hey, I'm talking to you.
喂,我在跟你说话呢
If you want to see the proofs,
如果你想看样本
You'll have to check with Mr. Cosgrove.
你得去问科斯格罗夫先生
It's his account.
这是他的客户
Look at you. Minister of Protocol.
瞧瞧你自己,协议部长
So has Draper talked to Sterling yet?
德雷珀跟斯特林谈过了吗
You'll have to ask him.
你去问他吧
I'm asking you.
我在问你
You should talk to him.
你应该去找他谈
What's wrong with you?
你怎么了
Excuse me?
抱歉
I'm just trying to do my job
我只是努力把工作做好
And you're making it very difficult.
而你在为难我
Peggy, dear. I think I understand what this is about.
佩奇,亲爱的,我想我知道是怎么回事了
But you're not being professional right now.
但你现在的表现可不够公私分明
I cannot believe I am in this conversation.
我真不敢相信,我们要谈这个
You think this is easy for me?
你以为这对我来说容易吗
I don't know.
我不知道
I don't know if you like me or if you don't like me.
我不知道你是否喜欢我
I'm just trying to get along here.
我试着和你好好相处
And every time walk by, I wonder,
每次你经过,我都在想
Are you going to be nice to me?
你会好好对我吗
Or cruel. Cruel?
还是会很残忍,残忍
What am I supposed to say?
我该说什么呢
I'm married.
我结婚了
Yes, I know.
是啊,我知道
And I heard all about how confusing that can be.
还有什么"你很困惑"这种话我听够了
Maybe you need me to lay on your couch
为了让你摆脱这种困惑
To clear that up for you again?
也许下次我又得躲在沙发底下
That's some imagination you've got.
你有想象力了
Good thing you're a writer now.
现在你可以去当作家了
What do you need me for?
你还需要我做什么
It's incredible.
真不可思议
I mean, we're just hanging out in the art department
我是说,我们只是来美工部逛逛
And you two wander in.
刚好碰到你们在这儿徘徊
We thought it was casting.
我们以为选角开始了
I wish it was.
我真希望是
I'd definitely pick you two.
我绝对会选你们俩
I mean, you have such an exquisite look.
我是说,你有如此精致的面庞
The bones of your face.
你脸上的颧骨
And your sister, my goodness.
还有你妹妹,我的上帝啊
You two look very different when you pay attention.
仔细看,你们俩长得不一样
I have an older brother.
我有个长兄
My neighbors growing up had a dairy,
我童年时的邻居有座牛奶场
And one of the cows gave birth to two calves
其中一只奶牛生了两只连体小牛
That were attached at the back.
它们的背部连在一起
Then they cut them apart,
后来他们强行将它们分开
But they always wanted to be together.
但它们总是想待在一块儿
Is that what happened to you two?
你们也是如此吗
Do you like Ukrainian food?
你喜欢吃乌克兰菜吗
Let me ask you something, Draper.
我有个疑问,德雷珀
Do any of these men have anything else to do?
这些男人没有其他的事可做吗
Just wanted to make sure the girls were, you know...
只是想确保这些女孩们,你知道的...
Matching?
跟我们的要求相符?
Exactly.
是的
Well, there you have it, Draper...
这里归你了,德雷珀
Double-sided aluminum as envisioned by Sterling.Cooper.
由斯特林?库珀策划的双面铝材广告
Look at you.
瞧你
Roger Sterling.
罗杰?斯特林
Eleanor. Eleanor Ames.
埃莉诺,埃莉诺.艾玛斯
What a great God that made two of you.
上帝多伟大,创造了你们两位可人
Oh, what a sweet thing to say.
哦,说话真好听
Um, Mirabelle.
米拉贝拉
This is Donald Draper.
这位是唐纳德?德雷珀
He's our creative director here.
他是我们的创意总监
What a pleasure to meet you.
很高兴认识你
Well, honestly...
嗯,老实说
I think we're going to send everyone else home
我想我们可以让其他人回去了
And use our authority to say that you two
并以我们的权力宣布,你们两位
Are the new faces of Cartwright double-Sided Aluminum.
成为卡特赖特双面铝材广告的新面孔
Oh, my God. Thank you.
哦,上帝啊,谢谢你
I think this calls for a celebration.
我想该去庆祝一下
Come on upstairs with us.
跟我们一起上楼吧
One drink could be fun.
去喝一杯也好
One last question.
最后一个问题
How many birthdays have you had?
你过了几个生日了
20.
20个
How about her?
她呢
You're coming, aren't you, Don?
你也一起,不是吗,唐
Aren't you two a pair of bookends.
你们真是一对书夹,(指她们长得相像)
What do you say, Draper?
你说呢,德雷珀
Shall we cast them in bronze
我们把她们漆成青铜色
And mount them on the credenza?
然后放到书柜上如何
Oh, my.
哦,天啊
Everything he says means something else, too.
他总是话里有话
It did get warm in here.
这里变热了
They shut the air off at 5:00.
5点关冷气
Oh, Rochester, get her an extra ice cube or something.
哦,罗切斯特,给她加点冰块吧
So... Mirabelle, what's your special talent?
米拉贝拉,你有什么特长吗
Singing, dancing, baton twirling?
唱歌,跳舞,或者指挥乐队
I ride. Mostly dressage.
我骑马,通常是花式骑术
She has a wall full of blue ribbons
她在温彻斯特的家
Back home in Winchester.
荣誉勋章挂了一整面墙
Huh. You know, I have a few awards myself.
你知道吗,我也得过些奖呢
Look at your skin. It's translucent.
瞧瞧你的皮肤,多么通透
That's "see-through. "
仿佛清澈见底
Can I touch it?
我能摸摸吗
I don't see why not.
我没有拒绝的理由
After all, I do work here now.
毕竟,我现在在这儿工作了
That tickles.
真痒
Soft as a lamb's ear.
柔软如羊羔的耳朵
Mm, you've got to feel this.
你得过来感觉一下
I'm talking to you, Eleanor.
我说你呢,埃莉诺
Do you love your sister?
你爱你妹妹吗
Of course.
当然
Why don't you show her how much?
你可以展示一下有多爱
Give her a kiss.
给她一个吻
Right now.
现在
Why do people always ask us that?
为什么人们总要求我们这样做
My God, because it's a beautiful thing.
上帝啊,因为这是件美好的事啊
Well... I should be heading home.
嗯,我该回家了
Wunderbar. Have a great night.
好极了,过个愉快的夜晚
You know what? I think we should go, too.
你知道吗,我想我们也该走了
Oh, come on.
哦,拜托
Nobody's going anywhere.
谁也别走
Do you want to dance?
你想跳舞吗
That's nice.
这主意不错
Dance for us.
给我们跳一段
I don't dance.
我不会跳舞
Sure you do. Look at that.
你肯定会的,瞧瞧
I feel like I'm stuck somewhere between Doris Day
我觉得我陷在多丽丝?戴,在电影<枕边细语>
In Pillow Talk and Midnight Lace,
和<午夜蕾丝>中的造型了
When what I need to be is
而适合我的扮相
Kim Novak in just about anything.
应该是金姆?诺娃克
You're prettier than Kim Novak.
你比金姆?诺娃克漂亮多了
What a rut.
真是循规蹈矩
1960, I am so over you.
60年代,我真是受够了
Zip?
拉链
Shalimar?
一千零一夜香水(名贵品牌)
Too much?
喷太多了吗
You never say die, do you?
你从不说完蛋了,对吗
What's the point?
什么意思
Oh, Carol, sweetie, it's not that bad.
哦,卡罗,亲爱的,事情没那么糟糕
Tomorrow is another day.
明天又是新的一天
I know.
我知道
I'm okay, actually.
我很好,真的
Good.
那就好
No waterworks. Mascara.
别再哭了,小心睫毛膏
I'm just so happy right now.
我现在很开心
Okay, are you on the Gilbey's already?
你的心已经飞到吉尔贝酒吧了吧
No. I just love this, you know?
不,我只是喜欢现在这样,你知道吗
Being with you.
跟你在一起
We do know how to have fun, don't we?
我们都知道怎么找乐子,对吧
Joan...
琼
I love you.
我爱你
I really do.
我真的很爱
You.
你
That first week in college,
大学开学的第一周
I saw you walking on the commons,
我看见你在院子里走过
And I thought, "Who is she?"
我就想, "她是谁"
Then college was over and you came here...
大学毕业后,你来到这里
And I followed you.
我一直跟着你
You needed a roommate.
你需要个室友
I moved in.
我就搬进来了
Just to be near you.
只为了离你近点
I did everything I could to be near you.
为了在你身边,我付出了很多
All with the hope
只是希望
That one day... you would notice me.
有一天...你会注意到我
Joannie...
琼妮...
Just think of me as a boy.
把我想成一个男孩吧
You've had a hard day.
你今天过得很糟
Let's go out and try to forget about it, okay?
我们出去走走,把它忘掉,好吗
Of course.
当然
Good, because I'm starving.
很好,因为我饿坏了
They seem to be having a lot of fun.
他们看上去十分尽兴
Do you have any gum?
你有口香糖吗
No. No, I don't.
不,不,我没有
Listen, I should get going.
我该走了
Over to the left there. There you go.
转弯去左边,快点
Don't make me use my spurs on you.
别逼我用鞭子哦
Easy.
放松
Right over there by the trough.
去那边的马槽
I really should go.
我真的该走了
Eleanor.
埃莉诺
I'll be right outside.
我就在外面
Let her go.
让她走吧
Listen... let me call you a car.
听着...我帮你叫辆车吧
I should wait for my sister.
我得等我姐姐
I mean, I've been around the block a few times,
我是说,我已经来过这里好几次了
But her...
但她...
Now all you're thinking about is going around the block, huh?
你现在肯定想到街上走走吧
I don't even think I can get out of the driveway.
我觉得我不会从车上下来的
Please, just wait with me?
请陪我一起等吧
I like your office. It's really fancy.
我喜欢你的办公室,它很别致
Mirabelle. Love that name.
米拉贝拉,我爱这个名字
Listen to that.
听啊
I haven't heard Margaret laugh since she was 7.
从玛格丽特7岁开始,我就没听过她笑了
Who's Margaret?
玛格丽特是谁
My daughter.
我女儿
Yeah, I think I like Mirabelle better than Margaret.
比起玛格丽特,我还是喜欢米拉贝拉
I wanted to name her Margaux, like the wine.
我曾想给她起名叫玛格,像酒的名字
Lost that battle.
我妻子死也不同意
I'm sure she would have hated Margaux almost
我想这两个名字
As much as she hates Margaret.
都令她讨厌
Why is she so angry?
她为什么这么易怒呢
You're only a little older than her.
你只比她大一点
You're not angry.
你就不会生气
Don't be sad.
别难过
I just wish I could talk to her
我只希望我跟她说话的时候
Without her rolling her eyes.
她别老是翻白眼
Of course, she's right.
当然,她是对的
I have nothing to say to her.
我跟她没什么好聊的
I'm sure that's not so.
我相信事实并非如此
Girls love their fathers.
女孩都爱自己的父亲
You have such beautiful skin.
你有如此美丽的肌肤
My God, I just want to eat it.
天啊,我真想咬一口
I want to suck your blood like Dracula.
我想像德古拉那样吸你的血(吸血鬼传说)
Aren't you two the sweetest for walking us up?
你们陪我们进来真是体贴了
You should be roommates.
你真适合当室友
He seems to be a delightful young man.
他看上去是个快乐的年轻人
Ralph, you don't teach at Fordham also?
拉尔夫,你不也在福特汉姆教书吗
No, we were just sitting next to each other at the bar.
不,我们只是在那个酒吧里,特意相邻坐着
And it seemed to be working.
而且看来这很奏效
Carol, you know what we need? Ice.
卡罗,你知道我们需要什么吗,冰块
Now where is that gin hiding?
杜松子酒藏在哪儿了
Just so we're clear about what's what...
让我们把话说清楚
The redhead is mine.
我要红发的那个
So, Franklin, you're into language.
富兰克林,你精通语言学
Yes, well, it's kind of a hobby of mine.
是啊,这是我的嗜好
I do carpentry. I'm building a dry sink.
我爱干木工活儿,我正在修建一个水池
I love language.
我爱语言学
Words and their ways.
词汇,和它们的表达方式
Well, this is just bad speech.
对于那些糟糕的口语
I collect it.
我把它收集起来
There's this Polish janitor in our building.
我们的大楼里有一个波兰的门卫
His name is Stash or Stanislaus.
他的名字叫史黛斯,或斯坦尼斯洛斯
He's locked me out of my office on more than one occasion.
他不只一次意外地把我锁在办公室外面
One time, he described his bride as
一次,他形容他的新娘
"Not speaking real good English. "
"说的不是真正地道的英语"
I cherish that gift.
我觉得特别有意思
Put that in a book and sell it.
把它写进书里,拿去卖
Well, this is a party, isn't it?
嗯,今晚是个聚会对吧
I was wondering if I could impose on the professor
我在想,我是否可以麻烦教授
for one more teeny favor.
再帮我一个小忙
I never say "no" to a beautiful girl.
我从不对漂亮的女孩说不
The light fixture in my room is out.
我房里的灯泡不亮了
Could you change it for me?
你能帮我换一个吗
I'm up to that task.
小菜一碟
We don't have a lot of men around here.
我们这儿没什么男人帮忙
Oh, it's not that dark.
哦,也没那么暗
Well... what are we going to do?
嗯,我们接下来做什么呢
Whatever you want.
都听你的
You're married, aren't you?
你结婚了,对吧
Yes. Yes, I am.
是啊,我结了
Yeah, you kiss like a married man.
你吻得就像已婚男人
Your own way, no talking you out of it.
你有自己的方式,不用叫你停下来
Is that good or bad?
这是好还是不好
Oh, it's good.
哦,这挺好的
Tell me what to do, and I'll do it.
告诉我该怎么做,我都会的
Maybe it's this office, but... you are selling too hard.
也许是因为这间办公室,但是...你过于出卖自己了
Eleanor! Hello?
埃莉诺,你在哪
Ellie, where are you? Something's wrong!
埃莉,你在哪,不好了
Your friend... Something's wrong.
你朋友...出事了
I knew I shouldn't have asked him to do it a second time.
我就知道我不该让他再做一次
Jesus.
天啊
I... I feel like there's a tank on my chest.
我感觉胸前被一辆坦克压着似的
Just call an ambulance, and then leave.
去叫辆救护车,然后离开这儿
Is he okay?
他没事吧
Leave. Right there!
离开,出口就在那儿
Mirabelle...
米拉贝拉
Oh, Mirabelle.
哦,米拉贝拉
Mona.
莫娜
Your wife's name is Mona.
你妻子的名字是莫娜
How are you doing?
你怎么样了
All these years I thought it would be the ulcer.
这些年,我以为得了溃疡
I did everything they told me.
我完全按他们说的去做
Drank the cream, ate the butter,
饮用乳脂,吃黄油
Then I get hit with a coronary.
结果却把动脉吃坏了
Son of a bitch, it hurts.
该死,真难受
Well, you're talking. That's good.
你至少能说话了,这是好事
That's not what the doctors think.
医生可不这么想
Don...
唐...
Do you believe in energy?
你相信能量吗
What do you mean?
你什么意思
Like the thing that gives you get up and go?
就像是一种,能使你起床和行走的东西
No.
不
Like a human energy.
就像人类的动力
I don't know, a...
我不知道,一副...
A soul?
一副灵魂
What do you want to hear?
你想让我说什么
Jesus.
天啊
I've been living the last 20 years
我最后的这20年
Like I'm on shore leave.
就像是航海员的上岸期
What the hell is that about?
这究竟是怎么了
It's living.
这就是生活
Just like you said.
就像你说的
God.
天啊
I wish I was going somewhere.
我希望我能到别的地方去看看
He's doing great.
他很好
Mona.
莫娜
I love you so much, Mona.
我真的很爱你,莫娜
Oh, God, I love you so much.
哦,天啊,我真的爱你
I know. Sweetheart, I know.
我知道,亲爱的,我知道
Listen to me, darling.
听我说,亲爱的
Margaret is outside.
玛格丽特在外面
She needs to see you. No. No. No.
她想见你,不,不,不
I can't let her see me like this.
我不能让她看见我这副德性
Roger...
罗杰...
I'm getting her.
我去叫她
My goodness.
我的上帝啊
All this from selling toilet paper.
这些都是从卖厕纸起家的
Mr. Cooper, where is everyone?
库珀先生,大家都哪去了
My roommate just gave me the message.
我室友刚给我看了简讯
Out.
出去
It's the middle of the night.
现在是深夜了
I'm not leaving you here.
我不能把你留在这儿
You should go.
你该离开
Thank you.
谢谢
Suit yourself.
随你的便
Miss Holloway,
霍洛韦小姐
Roger.Sterling has suffered a heart attack.
罗杰?斯特林的心脏病犯了
What?
什么
He survived it, and is currently being hospitalized.
他挺过来了,现在住在医院里
Now we need to immediately send a telegram
现在我们需要立刻发一封电报
To every one of our clients
给我们所有的客户
Assuring them that business will not be interrupted.
向他们保证,生意不会受到影响
Of course.
当然
This is the master client list... names, addresses.
这是主要的客户名单,姓名,地址
I'll read them out and you compose the telegram, huh?
我来念,你来撰写电文,如何
Carl McElroy.
卡尔?麦克艾尔罗伊
President, Alpine Real Estate.
阿尔卑地产董事长
It's me, Bets.
是我,贝蒂
Were you sleeping?
你睡了吗
Not really.
还没呢
The kids are in bed with me.
孩子们在我床上
Gloria and my father made such a big deal
歌莉亚和我父亲,达成了一个重大决议
About having separate bedrooms.
决定分房睡
Listen, Roger had a heart attack.
听着,罗杰得了心脏病
What?
什么
Don, that's terrible.
唐,这太可怕了
Is he going to be okay?
他会没事吗
The doctors basically say they don't know.
医生也不清楚
Mona's with him.
莫娜在陪他
She must be a wreck.
她一定吓坏了
It's good that you're there.
还好你在那
About tomorrow... No, I understand.
明天...别说了,我理解
Well, what happened?
发生了什么事
He was at work.
他在工作
He just keeled over.
不慎跌倒
It was awful, actually.
简直太糟糕了
If the kids wouldn't be so heartbroken,
如果不是孩子们会伤心
I'd come home now.
我现在一定赶回来
I don't want to be here.
我不想待在这儿
You should have seen the two of them in the kitchen tonight.
你真该看看他们今晚在厨房的情形
She was making some pot roast with ketchup
她正用番茄酱炖猪肉
And my father started hovering behind her, watching,
我父亲一直站在她身后,看着她
Like he used to with my mother.
就像他曾经看我母亲那样
How can he pretend that she never existed?
他怎么能假装,她从没存在过
I still pick up the phone sometimes to call her.
我有时还拿起电话想打给她
I don't know, Bets.
我不知道,贝蒂
I know people say life goes on,
我知道人们常说,生活要延续
And it does.
确实如此
But no one tells you that's not a good thing.
但没人告诉你,这并非是件好事
Why is that?
为什么呢
I don't know.
我不知道
Stop thinking about that.
别想了
I can't.
我做不到
I try.
我试过了
Do you want me to come up there?
你想让我过去吗
No. There's nothing you can do.
不,你也无能为力
Okay. Give Mona my love.
好吧,向莫娜问候
And, Don...
还有,唐...
Make sure you eat something.
你要吃点东西
How's he doing?
他怎么样了
Not great.
不太好
What happened?
发生了什么事
I don't know.
我不知道
Every Republican politician wants you to believe
每一个共和党人都想让你相信
That Richard Nixon is, quote, experienced.
理查德?尼克松,用他们的话说, "阅历丰富"
They even want you to believe that he has actually
他们甚至想让你相信,他在白宫
Been making decisions in the White House.
真正参与过决策
But listen to the man who should know better:
但听听更知情的人是怎么说的:
The President of the United States...
美国总统...
I just wondered if you could give us an example
我只是想知道,您是否能给我们举个例子
Of a major idea of his
关于他作为决策者提出的
That you had adopted in that role as the decider.
并被您采纳的意见
If you give me a week, I might think of one.
如果你给我一周时间,我也许能想到
I don't remember.
我不记得了
At the same press conference, President Eisenhower said:
在同样的新闻发布会上,总统艾森豪威尔说
No one can make a decision except me.
除了我,没人可以做决定
For real leadership in the '60s,
为了60年代真正的领导者
Help elect Senator John F. Kennedy president.
请投参议员约翰.肯尼迪当总统吧
I know it's late. I'm sorry.
我知道现在很晚了,对不起
I got the telegram.
我收到电报了
Let me in.
让我进去
Are you okay?
你还好吗
No.
不
You look terrible.
你脸色真差
Can I get a drink?
给我杯酒好吗
Of course.
当然
Are you happy with the doctors?
那些医生怎么样
I can have my father make a call.
我可以让我父亲打个电话过去
I don't know. He's rich.
我不知道,他很富有
They seem to be taking care of him.
他们应该会把他照顾好
Is he okay?
他还好吗
You can tell me. I'm not moving the account.
你可以跟我说,我不会撤销合作的
He's gray and weak.
他很沮丧,虚弱
His skin looks like paper.
脸色像白纸一样
I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
He's your friend, isn't he?
他是你的朋友,对吗
What's the difference?
有什么区别吗
You don't want to lose him.
你不想失去他
Don, don't.
唐,别这样
What good is that going to do?
这样下去有什么好处呢
Is this, like, some solar eclipse?
这就像日食吧
The end of the world? Just do whatever you want?
世界末日,你可以为所欲为
I don't know. You do.
我不知道,你知道
You're exhausted.
你太累了
You need to sleep, that's all.
你需要好好睡一觉
I just need to sit down.
我只需要坐下
Sit with me.
陪我坐下
Why?
为什么
Because I feel like you're looking right through me over there.
因为我感觉你站在那会把我看穿
I'm not.
我不会
I don't like feeling like this.
我不喜欢这种感觉
No one does.
没人喜欢
I remember the first time I was a pall bearer.
我记得我第一次当抬棺人
I'd seen dead bodies before.
我以前看过死尸
I must have been 15. My aunt.
我当时已经15岁了,我婶婶死了
I remember thinking...
我记得当时在想...
They're letting me carry the box.
他们要让我抬那个箱子
They're letting me be this close to it.
他们要让我离它这么近
No one is hiding anything from me now.
没人再向我隐藏任何事了
And I looked over, and I saw all the old people
我四下观察,看见所有的大人
Waiting together by the grave.
都守候在坟墓边
I remember thinking, I've...
我记得当时在想,我...
I've just moved up a notch.
我已经长大了
I've never heard you talk that much before.
我从没听你说过这么多
Rachel... What do you want from me?
雷切尔...你想从我这儿得到什么
You know. I know you do.
你知道的,我知道你知道
You know everything about me.
你了解我的一切
I don't.
我不知道
You don't want to do this. You have a wife. You should go to her.
你不想这样做的,你有妻子,你应该去找她
Jesus, Rachel.
天啊,雷切尔
This is it.
就是这种感觉
This is all there is, and I feel like it's slipping
完全是这种感觉,我感觉它要从我手指间
Through my fingers like a handful of sand.
溜走,如同一把沙子
This is it.
就是这种感觉
This is all there is.
完全是这种感觉
That's just an excuse for bad behavior.
这只是为行为不轨找的借口
You don't really believe that.
你并不真的相信吧
No.
不
Not unless you tell me you want this.
除非你说你想要
Yes, please.
我要,请吧
Miss Holloway, I know it's none of my business,
霍洛韦小姐,我知道这不关我的事
But you could do a lot better.
但你本应该做得更好
He's just a friend.
他只是一个朋友
That's not what I'm talking about, my dear.
这不是我要说的,亲爱的
Don't waste your youth on age.
别把青春浪费在老人身上
Could you? Lobby.
麻烦你,去大厅
Do you want one?
你来一支吗
No.
不
You told me your mother died in childbirth.
你说过你母亲死于难产
Mine did, too.
我妈妈也是
She was a prostitute.
她是个妓女
I don't know what my father paid her,
我不知道我父亲给了她什么
But when she died, they...
但她死后,他们
Brought me to him and his wife.
把我交给他和他的妻子
And when I was 10 years old, he died.
我10岁的时候,他也过世了
He was a drunk who got kicked in the face by a horse.
他喝醉了,脸上被马踢了一脚
She buried him and took up with some other man, and...
她火化了他,又找了另一个男人
I was raised by those two sorry people.
我被这两个可怜的人抚养长大