America is still going to the polls at 4:00.
美国大选在下午四点仍在进行当中
With some precincts opening as early as 12 this morning,
各大选区于今早十二点就已经开放
Voters across the country are deciding
全国的选民们将最终决定
Who will hold the most important office in the fr...
美国总统之位究竟花落谁家
Herman Phillips, Bert Cooper.
赫尔曼?菲利普斯 这位是伯特伦?库珀
Actually, "Herman" goes on my checks.
其实我只有在签名时才用这个名字
People call me Duck.
大家都叫我达克(与"鸭子"同音)
My research says I was not to call you Duck.
经验告诉我不该叫你达克
You should have told me that.
你应该早提醒我
I don't know. I like when you say Herman.
我也不知道 我喜欢你叫我赫尔曼
Herman was in London with Y&R.
赫尔曼曾在伦敦的扬雅广告公司工作
Isn't this a step down?
你是辞职了吗
I don't know.
我不清楚
Moving back to the power center of the universe, New York,
回到世界权力中心纽约来
And the chance to put on some weight.
还能趁机增加点体重
English food. I actually ate a kidney.
英国菜 实在不合胃口
He landed American Airlines.
他曾做过美国航空公司的广告案
You could make something like that happen here.
但愿你也可以为我们争取到这么大的客户
Well, you have to spend money to make money.
只有舍得投资 才能有大收益
So you're not promising anything.
这么说你什么也保证不了咯
Why would I do that?
我为什么要做保证呢
My goodness, he does want this job.
老天 他真想要这份工作
I hope you play your cards close to the vest with clients.
但愿你能够让客户称心如意
I will keep that in mind.
我会铭记在心
Here's a test. Who'd you vote for?
考考你 你会给谁投票
If I say Nixon, you'll think I'm buttering you.
若我说尼克松 你会觉得我在讨好你
If I say Kennedy, you'll want to reform me.
若我说肯尼迪 你又会试图说服我改变观点
So, uh, I'll say Nixon.
所以我选择尼克松
That's nice to see.
不错
Cooper has a smoker at The Waldorf at 6:00.
6点钟 库珀在沃尔道夫酒店有个吸烟聚会
Marge told me.
是玛琪告诉我的
23 skidoo.
快点走人吧
At 6:15, we turn on the returns
到6点一刻 我们就可以打开电视看选举
At 6:15, we turn on the returns and send for some ice.
再叫点冰品和甜点来
Party at the in-laws'.
我要参加妻子娘家那边的聚会
Another ending to a perfect day.
那也算是为这一天划上完美的句号了
Well, Jennifer and I were going to get tickets to Can-Can.
詹妮弗和我本想去买跳康康舞的票
It's empty, you know.
但现在泡汤了
She says apparently the phone company
显然她是抽不开身
is a war zone on election night.
她说在选举之夜电话公司简直形同战场
That's what I'm hoping for around here.
我希望这里也能成为战场
Although, You better hope that she's sitting at her switchboard
不过你最好指望她的确是在工作
and not doing what we're doing.
而不是骗你自己出去风流 就像我们这样
It's my wife.
那可是我的妻子
Besides, what if Nixon loses?
更何况 如果尼克松输了呢
Won't that put a damper on things around here?
岂不是会很扫兴
Who cares? They didn't want our help.
管他呢 他们又不要我们操心
You should care.
你应该关心一下
I do. It matters for the nation and for Sterling Coop.
的确 不论对国家还是公司都至关重要
But tonight, either way.
但今晚都一样
If Nixon wins, we win.
如果尼克松赢了当然好
If Nixon loses...
但万一他输了
Let me console you.
那就让我来抚慰你吧
That's him.
就是他
Duck Phillips.
达克?菲利普斯
I know his name.
我听过他的大名
Because it's Duck?
是因为"鸭子"这个名字很特别吗
I grew up with a Tuck.
我还有一个叫塔克的童年玩伴呢(又意点心)
At least that has an air of dignity.
至少那家伙的名字要好听的多
Don took him to Cooper. That's a first.
唐向库珀引见他 这还是第一次呢
I heard he disintegrated in London.
我听说他在伦敦落得声名狼藉
Got involved with some woman he met at the British Museum.
和一个在大英博物馆认识的女人纠缠不清
Her name was Rosetta.
她是传说中的罗塞塔
Rosetta Stone.
罗塞塔·斯通(古埃及的罗塞塔石碑 此处调侃)
He's divorced. Lives in a hotel.
他离了婚 现在住酒店
So what's this? His last stop?
那他来这里干嘛 最后的救命稻草吗
No. He's a killer, but he's...he's damaged goods.
不 他是个狠角色 不过是打了折扣
They're bargain hunting.
他们是在趁低价收揽人才
He's the best one Draper's paraded around.
德雷柏寻觅了一番后 他是最佳人选
Let's see if Cooper's smart enough to know that.
只是不知道库珀够不够聪明意识到这点
Can I help you?
有什么需要帮忙吗
What?
什么
Can I help you?
有什么需要帮忙的吗
Mr. Campbell would like to see you.
坎贝尔先生想要见您
Send him in.
让他进来
Thank you, sweetheart.
谢谢 甜心
So that Duck fellow,
达克那家伙
I heard he fell apart in London.
我听说他在伦敦一败涂地
American Airlines.
美国航空公司
$7 million in billings.
7百万美元的宣传花销
He's not going to bring that with him.
他不会把那个广告案一起带过来的
Listen, Don, I don't feel
听着 唐 我觉得你
you've taken me seriously as a candidate.
没有认真考虑把我作为候选人
Candidate for what?
什么候选人
For the head of account services.
客户部经理的候选人
We may have had our differences,
我们之间可能存在差异
But Roger knows I've done everything I could to emulate him.
但罗杰知道 我已尽全力赶上他
Roger's not involved in this.
罗杰与此事无关
Anything else?
还有其他事吗
I have the loyalty of our most important clients:
公司最重要客户的对我很忠心
Calvin Highland, Lee Garner.
卡文?海兰和李?加勒
These men trust me.
这些人信任我
They invite me to their grandchildren's christenings.
还邀请我参加他们孙辈的洗礼
When Walter Veith needed a urologist,
上次瓦尔特?维夫需要一名泌尿科医生
He called me for a recommendation.
他也是向我征询意见
Look, you're good at your job. Cooper loves you.
听着 你工作出色 而库珀又赏识你
What's the hurry?
有什么急的呢
It's been two and a half years.
我在公司已经2年半了
I could have jumped ship a hundred times.
我本有多次机会可以跳槽
Is that supposed to persuade me?
这有什么说服力吗
I have tremendous value to this company.
我对这个公司有重大价值
I'm aware of that.
这点我很清楚
But I don't think you are.
但我觉得你似乎没有意识到这点
I am. I just hope you realize that, the way things stand,
我明白 我只是希望你明白
there will continue to be someone senior to you.
公司需要一个比你资深的后继者
Why?
为什么
What can they offer?
他们能贡献什么呢
All I'm asking is that you think about it.
我只是希望你能考虑一下
There are men younger than me with this job at bigger firms.
其他大公司里这个职位的人 甚至比我还年轻
Cooper sign off on what's-his-name?
他用什么名字与公司签约
Duck?
达克吗
I'll keep you posted.
有事我会通知你的
He's got a big lead.
现在他遥遥领先
See you at the victory party in the morning.
等着明早开庆祝派对吧
Absolutely.
那是当然
Well, good night, Don.
那么 晚安 唐
He's gone!
他走了
Olly olly oxen free!
哦列哦列 自由啦
Do it. All rightie.
来吧 好嘞
Who's got the cups? Oh. Sorry.
杯子呢 噢 抱歉
With early returns just coming in,
根据早些时候的投票结果
our NBC computer is putting
NBC电视台的统计结果发现
Senator Kennedy's odds for victory
肯尼迪议员当选的可能性
at a grim-sounding 22-1.
为22比1的概率
This is not good.
真扫兴 酒喝完了
And liquor stores are closed tonight.
酒铺子今晚都关门了
Draper has plenty of booze.
德雷柏可有不少呢
We could ask her to join us.
我们可以让她加入我们
That might soften her up a bit.
那可得费点力气才能拉拢她呢
I have a bottle of absinthe in my office.
我办公室里有一瓶苦艾酒
Isn't that illegal?
那不是违反公司规定吗
It's marvelous.
那可是极品美酒
I become incantatory.
我简直受到了魔咒的召唤
And what does that mean?
那是什么意思
It means he starts making up words.
意思是他要开始胡编乱造了
Can someone freshen this?
谁帮我添点酒
We're not going to make it.
酒肯定不够
Really?
真的吗
If I let you into that supply closet,
如果我让你到储物柜里去
it is not going to be the sack of Rome.
你可不能洗劫一空啊
What do we have too much of?
有什么经得起喝的货色吗
Rum, creme de menthe,
朗姆酒 薄荷酒
dog biscuits.
还有小狗饼干
May the best man win.
但愿最好的人赢得选举
In matters national and... local.
为了广大人民和渺小私人的利益
...Majority decision of the American...
多数的美国人民将作出决定
I made my judgment long ago.
很久以前我就已作出判断
Stop that. You're going to break it.
别弄了 你会弄坏的
Look. They're doing math.
看啊 他们在做算术
What do the numbers say?
这些数字代表什么
Who the president is going to be.
谁将会做总统
Hello.
好啊
Daddy! Hi!
你好 爸爸
I wasn't expecting you.
没想到你会回来
I thought you were going to be watching returns at the office.
我以为你会在办公室里看选举结果呢
What are you doing up?
你怎么还不睡
Mommy said it was okay.
妈妈说了没关系
I'm watching the news.
我在看新闻
Nixon definitely won our precinct.
尼克松肯定赢得了我们选区的支持
You should have seen the line.
你真该看看那些队伍
Mommy said to ask you. What's the...
妈妈要我来问你 什么是...
Electoral College.
选举团
I don't think that's a conversation appropriate for children.
小孩子不适合谈论这种话题
Come here.
过来
Do you want something to eat?
你要吃点什么吗
I'm going to fix a drink. You?
我想喝一杯 你呢
I'm set.
我来准备
Senator Kennedy seems to be closing the gap
肯尼迪议员看上去快要
on the vice president's early lead.
赶超副总统早先的领先差距
State-by-state, Ohio, Illinois...
一个接着一个州 俄亥俄州 伊利诺斯州
Come here.
过来
What?
怎么
You better run.
你最好快跑
Go, Allison!
快跑 艾莉森
White!
白色
Pink!
粉红色
You can tell me, or I can find out.
你最好乖乖告诉我 不然我亲自来看
What color panties are you wearing?
你穿什么颜色的内裤
What? Oh, my G...
什么 我的天
Blue!
蓝色
Who had blue?
谁猜的蓝色
Can I walk you home?
能让我送你回去吗
I used to think I'd find a husband here.
我原本还想在这里找个老公呢
I think I'm going to go home.
我想我该回去了
No, don't go. It's going to be fun.
别走啊 很有意思的
What are you doing?
你在干什么
Why aren't you asleep?
怎么还不睡
What is that?
那是什么
Nothing.
没什么
Myrna found it on the top of the closet,
梅娜在橱柜顶上找到的
and I didn't want to look at it.
我可不想看
My father has a box like that,
我父亲也有一个类似的盒子
and I looked at it when I was a little girl,
我小时候打开看了
and it was a mistake.
事实证明这是个错误
So you didn't open it?
所以你没打开吗
Peter, I don't want secrets.
皮特 我不想偷窥别人的秘密
I can't sleep.
我睡不着
I know.
我知道
I've seen it the last few weeks.
这几周来我已经注意到了
You're not very quiet,
你总会弄出声响来
and every time I see the closet door is open
我一看到橱柜门开着
and that box is gone, I know you're out here.
盒子不见了 我就知道你又失眠了
And you never looked in the box?
你从未看过盒子里的东西吗
It's not yours.
这不是你的东西
What are you doing with it?
你拿着它干什么
I got it by mistake.
我是不小心错拿的
So give it back.
那就还回去
It's peculiar.
这对某人来说有特殊意义
It's not yours.
这不属于你
Come to bed.
去睡吧
Vice President Nixon seems to have carried
尼克松副总统似乎已获得了
predominantly Catholic Hudson County, New Jersey.
新泽西州哈德逊郡全体教徒的压倒性支持
Kinsey, you're a liar.
金西 你是个骗子
I couldn't find any absinthe.
我可没找到什么苦艾酒
Who said you could go in my office?
谁允许你去我办公室了
We were exploring.
我们只是到处逛逛
But all we found was a large collection of Mad magazines
但我们倒是找到一堆疯狂杂志的收藏(美国幽默杂志)
and this fascinating dramatic piece.
还有这份相当戏剧性的手稿
Death is My Client... Whoa.
死亡是我的客户
A play in one act by Paul Kinsey.
保罗?金西所著的独幕剧本
Give it to me.
还给我
"Peter Tollifson"...
皮特?托里弗森
"An animal in the board room and the bedroom. "
不论在会议室还是卧室 都是一头禽兽
Kenny!
肯尼
Now, remember, he's angry.
记住你的角色 他现在很生气
Why do I have to play Tollifson?
为什么要我演托里弗森
I wanted to be Galt.
我想演伽尔特
Tollifson is the hero. He thinks.
托里弗森是真英雄 他很有头脑
Galt's a thug born on the wrong side of the tracks.
伽尔特不过是个出身贫寒的暴徒
You don't want to be Galt.
你可不会想成为他那样的人
Go ahead.
开始吧
I'm sorry. I don't have the pages.
抱歉 我没有剧本
Oh. Sorry.
噢 抱歉
Um, "I worked with Tollifson for four years.
我和托里弗森共事了4年之久
I shared everything, but I never knew him. "
我将所有事都与他分享 却从不了解他
"I thought I knew him.
我自以为了解他
He used to talk to me. "
他曾和我谈过
"I can't control my genius.
我无法自制自身的才华
I'm not some boorish natural like that hack Cosgrove."
我可不是什么天生粗鲁的庸俗文人
That's crackerjack, Kinsey.
相当出色啊 金西
"Your genius be damned. "
你的才华受到诅咒
"Perhaps. "
也许是吧
"You can make anyone buy anything.
你可以说服所有人
Anyone but me. "
却无法说服我
Turn the music down.
把音量调低
We now have confirmation
我们现在已确定
that the State of Ohio has indeed
理查德?尼克松副总统
gone to Vice President Richard Nixon.
已完全获得俄亥俄州选民的支持
Its 25 electoral votes will go in Mr. Nixon's purse.
25个选区的投票支持尼克松
I'm...
我
I'm really tipsy.
我是真的喝醉了
I feel awful.
我感觉很糟
No, no. Uh... it was me.
不 是我的错
I'm... I'm drunk.
我喝醉了
I'm happy... but not myself.
我很开心 却失控了
I've never really seen your eyes before.
我之前都没有仔细看过你的眼睛
There they are.
现在你看见了
Just the two of them.
真真切切地
As Vice President Nixon's home state of California
作为尼克松的家乡
continues to count ballots,
加州仍在统计选票数量
both candidates bid their supporters a good night.
两位候选人的支持者都得以度过一个良宵
Vice presidential hopeful Senator Lyndon Johnson
有望继任副总统的林登?约翰逊
had these words:
道出以下这番话
I'm very proud of the manner
我感到很骄傲
in which the Democratic campaign has been conducted
能够参加这场如此民主的竞选
and which the people have reacted,
还有民众对其的积极回应
particularly in my state, the entire South,
尤其是在我自己的州 和整个南方
and in many states...
还有其他许多州
What's going on?
怎么了
I don't know. - ... feel, uh, very confident...
我也不清楚 感到相当自信...
It'll be all right in the morning.
到了明天就好了
He'll win California.
他会赢得整个加州的选票
...the counting that...
正在统计...
Turn it off.
关了
All Americans will be proud,
所有美国人都将引以为豪
and I think we have much to be proud of.
而我觉得我们理应自豪
I think this is one of America's finest hours.
我认为这是美国史上最伟大的时刻
Sit down.
坐我边上
No.
不
You can't sit down in that dress.
你穿这条裙子没法坐
You look so different when you're drunk.
你喝醉后和平时截然不同
You're not going to call me Orson Welles again.
你不会再叫我沃森?威勒斯了
You loved that.
你不是很喜欢嘛
Who wouldn't like that?
又有谁不喜欢呢
What did I do wrong?
我做错了什么
You have a big mouth.
你很多嘴
Joan, I never said...
琼 我从没有说过
You have a big mouth.
你真的很多嘴
I do.
是的
I'm not proud of it.
我也知道这样不好
Did you like the play?
你喜欢我写的剧本吗
No.
不
The meaner you are, the more I like you.
你就是喜欢你的刻薄
I know.
我知道
Just like that?
就这样吗
I thought we could dance.
我想我们能跳支舞
1, 2, cha-cha-cha. 1 2
蹦恰恰
Hildy, wake up.
希迪 快醒醒
Mm, it's cold in here.
这儿真冷
It is. You have to get dressed.
没错 你得把衣服穿上
I can't find my glasses.
我找不到我的眼镜了
That's too bad.
真是糟糕
Tremendous.
糟糕透了
Harry?
哈里
Yes?
怎么了
I hope I didn't step on them.
但愿不是我踩坏的
Damn it.
真见鬼
There's an optometrist on Lexington.
莱星顿街上有个眼镜商
Great. Of course.
真是太好了
I don't want you to be worried.
你不用有任何顾虑
It didn't mean anything, okay?
这没有任何意义 好吗
You're not drinking for taste.
你又不是为了品酒才喝
Don't be such babies.
别孩子气了
Oh, God.
老天爷
It's definitely not helping.
这么做可没用
I'm sorry. Does it offend you?
不好意思 冒犯到你们了吗
My shirt. And my mad money. Who did this?
我的衬衫和备用零钱 谁干的
I stole your blouse.
是我偷了你的衬衫
I'm not joking. I had $3.00 in here.
我可没开玩笑 这里本来有3美元呢
If I give you $3.00, will you keep your voice down?
我给你3美元 你能小声点吗
You're animals.
你们真是禽兽
I'm reporting it to building security.
我要报告给大楼保安人员
Striking resemblance to Broderick Crawford.
简直和勃洛特?克罗福一样(著名演员)
Peggy Olsen, Highway Patrol.
《公路巡警》 佩奇?奥尔森(由勃洛特主演的电影)
I've read three different newspapers
我看了三份不同的报纸
with three different results.
报道结果各不相同
I'm sure you know something I don't.
你肯定有独家内部消息吧
Well, I just spent the night literally
确切地说 我整晚都和一群烟鬼
in a smoke-filled room at The Waldorf
泡在沃尔道夫酒店的房间内
with every Republican luminary.
和共和党的头面人物一起
Save MacArthur and Jesus.
老天保佑麦克阿瑟(朝鲜战争美军总司令)
There's been widespread fraud.
虚假消息满天飞啊
Daley gave Joe Kennedy every corpse in Cook County.
德利和库克县全力支持乔?肯尼迪
Otherwise, Nixon wins.
要不然 尼克松早赢了
It shouldn't have been that close.
本不该这么势均力敌
But it is. It always is.
但偏偏如此 世事总如此
Those jingles.
那些艺人的参与
When they got Frank Sinatra,
他们请来法兰克?辛纳屈的支持(著名歌手和演员)
I knew they would close the gap.
我就知道他们能缩小差距
So what does he do now?
那他现在准备怎样
Walk away? Concede?
一走了之 妥协认输吗
A recount in Illinois alone
伊利诺斯州单独重点选票
means 30 days without a president.
导致选举结果的公布推迟30天
You don't want to win like that.
赢得不够体面
But you want to win.
但你仍想要赢
He got 50% of the vote, maybe more.
他拥有50%的选票 甚至更多
This way he lives to see another day.
因此他能够笑到最后
So... what happens?
那发生了什么事
Neil from P&G said if Kennedy is willing to buy an election,
宝洁公司的尼尔称 要肯尼迪收买选举
he's probably willing to play ball with us.
还不如让他来陪我们玩橄榄球呢
Ah, the optimism of the American corporation.
美国企业的盲目乐观由来已久
It's a football game to them.
对他们而言 这只是一场球赛
Doesn't seem fair.
不公正的球赛
Fair?
何来公正可言
Very good.
好极了
Where do you think you're going?
你以为自己是去哪儿
If I were you,
如果我是你
I would be very, very careful from now on
从现在起 我就会倍加小心地
about the way you speak to me.
注意你和我说话的方式
Can I help you?
有事吗
What's that?
那是什么
It's yours.
是你的东西
It came to me by mistake.
我无意中拿到的
Well, thanks.
好吧 谢了
Have you reconsidered my qualifications
对于我胜任客服经理这一事
for the head of account services?
你有没有重新考虑呢
Would it disappoint you
如果说我从没考虑过
if I told you it hadn't crossed my mind?
你会感到失望吗
I feel strange having to talk to you in this way.
要以这种方式跟你谈话 我也觉得有些怪异
Spit it out, Campbell.
有话直说吧 坎贝尔
I know that your name is not Donald Draper.
我知道你的真实姓名不是唐纳德?德雷柏
It's Dick Whitman.
而是迪克?惠特曼
I don't know who Donald Draper is,
我不知道唐纳德?德雷柏是何方人士
but according to my friend Russ
但根据我在国防部的朋友
at the Department of Defense,
罗斯的信息
Dick Whitman died in Korea in 1950,
迪克?惠特曼死于1950年的朝鲜战争
and Donald Draper dropped off the map.
而从那时起 唐纳德?德雷柏便人间蒸发
Although he's 43 years old,
尽管他那时已经43岁
in which case you look remarkably good.
相对而言 你看起来年轻得不可思议
That's kind of elaborate.
这个故事还真是细节详尽
Really?
真的吗
I wish I knew more.
我还希望自己知道更多
I bet a lot of people do.
我相信有很多人都想知道真相
Pete...
彼得
get out.
滚出去
You're making a fool of yourself.
你是在自取其辱
You can deny it.
你可以尽情否认
But I know it's true.
但我知道这是真相
I can see from your face.
你的表情出卖了你
You should leave.
你该走了
Don...
唐
you should think about how Bert Cooper will react
你应该考虑一下
when he hears this information.
伯特?库珀听到这条消息后有何反应
What information?
什么消息
You're not who you say you are,
你隐瞒自己的真实身份
and there's obviously a reason.
显然这其中另有隐情
Come on.
得了吧
I would like you to reconsider my qualifications.
我希望你重新考虑一下我的能力
You said everything except "or else. "
你似乎没有考虑过其他因素
Assuming this information is true, which it isn't,
自以为是地把虚假的信息当真
it sounds to me like you're blackmailing me.
这么说来你是在敲诈我
I'm not.
不是
I'm hoping you'll realize that this all can be forgotten.
我只希望你明白 这一切完全能掩饰过去
It's not like you're a deserter, is it?
你不是个逃兵 是吧
When you threaten someone in this manner,
一旦你用这种方式威胁别人
you should be aware of the fact
最还是早做心理准备
that if your information is powerful enough
确保你掌握的消息的杀伤力
to make them do what you want...
足够迫使别人服从你的想法
What else can it make them do?
不然的话 会不会适得其反呢
It's very simple.
这很简单
And it's not a threat. It's just a job.
我不是威胁你 只是想要份职位而已
Think about it.
考虑一下吧
Whitman.
惠特曼
Yes, Sergeant.
是 长官
What is this?
这算什么
This is it.
就是这样的
One? I'm supposed to have 20.
怎么只有1个 不是说好20个人吗
This is going to take a month, and it should take 48 hours.
那得要一个月 本该48小时内完工
Well, you're whining to the wrong guy, sir.
你冲我抱怨也没用 长官
At ease.
稍息
Uh, this is for officers.
这里是军官休息的地方
You can bunk next door.
你可以去隔壁睡
II'd introduce you to the men,
我很乐意把你介绍给大家认识
but you're looking at the complete company.
但整个连就只剩我一个了
Where is everybody, sir?
大家都去了哪儿 长官
They were gone when I got here.
我到这儿时已经人去楼空
I'm an engineer.
我是个工程师
They're in some action 5 miles over that mountain.
他们去5英里外的山那边执行任务
You want to go?
你想去吗
The answer is no.
当然是不了
The locals stopped showing up three days ago,
近三天来 渐渐不见当地人的踪影
which, by the way, is not good.
我是说 这看上去可不妙
You're going to be doing all the digging.
你只能一个人挖了
Digging what?
挖什么
Well, this unit... that's you...
这个连队 其实也只有你一个人
will be establishing a field hospital,
计划建立一座战地医院
but first we're going to be
但我们得先
digging fighting positions on four sides.
在四面八方布好阵地
What are you doing here? Are you poor?
你为何来这儿 穷光蛋吗
I volunteered.
我是志愿兵
You're kidding me.
不是吧
Well, they got me with college.
他们征兵时我还在上大学
But I'm three years, six months nearly a civilian.
但我才三年六个月 和民兵差不多
I'm supposed to be building swimming pools, not latrines.
我本该去造游泳池 而不是什么旱厕
You any good with that rifle?
你会使步枪吗
I wouldn't want you to mistake me for Chinese.
我可不想你把我错当成中国人杀了
As much practice as I've had, yes.
我进行了足够的练习 没问题
What misconception traveled down the road
是什么样的错误认识
and made you want to be here?
驱使你心血来潮身在此处
A movie?
被一部电影骗了吗
No. I just wanted to leave.
不 我只是想离开过去的生活
I'll bet you're reconsidering if this was a step up.
我猜你现在已经开始后悔了吧
Miss Menken,
麦肯小姐
Mr. Draper is here to see you.
德雷柏先生来看你了
Please hold my calls.
如果有电话找我 让他们先等着
Did you run over? You're flushed.
你跑过来的吗 满脸通红的
Let's go away.
我们远走高飞吧
Really? Where?
真的吗 去哪儿
Anywhere.
哪儿都可以
Warmer weather?
去温暖宜人的地方吗
Sure.
当然
How about Los Angeles?
洛杉矶如何
Mexico? I have money.
抑或是墨西哥 我有钱
I have money, but I have a store to run.
我也有钱 但我还要照顾生意
Don, are you well?
唐 你还好吧
No, I'm not.
不 我不好
Did something else happen to Roger?
罗杰又怎么了吗
No.
不
Something happened, and...
出了一些事情
I want to go, and I want you to come with me,
我要离开 想让你和我一起走
and I don't want to come back.
我这一走 并不打算回来
What happened?
怎么回事
What does it matter? Isn't this what you want?
这有什么 你不是一直想要这样吗
Of course. I've thought about it.
当然 我是想过
My God, we've talked about it.
老天 我们也谈过
I just...
我只是
I just didn't think it would happen...
我只是没想到这会发生
I mean, especially this way.
这么突如其来
I just... don't want to be without you,
我只是想要你陪着我
and I don't want to be here.
远远离开这个地方
I can't just leave.
我不能就这样一走了之
Maybe this weekend...
到这周末再说吧
Rachel.
雷切尔
No. This isn't how I thought it would be.
不 这和我想象中的大不相同
What is the difference?
这有什么区别
We'll go somewhere else.
我们会寻觅到另一个天堂
We'll start over like Adam and Eve.
如同亚当和夏娃那般重新开始
What, are you 15 years old?
什么 你还是小孩子吗
My father...
我的父亲...
Can't we be together here?
我们在这儿不能在一起吗
There's nothing here.
我对这里毫无留恋
What about your children?
那你的孩子怎么办
I'll provide for them.
我会给他们抚养费
And live in Los Angeles?
你却丢下他们住在洛杉矶吗
My God, you haven't thought this through.
老天 你根本是心血来潮
I feel sick.
我讨厌这样
You're wrong. I know exactly what I want.
你错了 我已完全考虑清楚
You want your children to go on without a father?
你想让你的孩子在缺失父爱中成长吗
You know how that felt.
你能体会这种感觉
Are you having an attack of conscience after all this?
事到如今 你反而突然良心不安了吗
No. I'm watching you talk
不 虽然是你站在我面前说话
because I feel I don't know you.
但是你对我来说仿佛全然陌生
You know more about me than anyone.
最了解我的人莫过于你
You won't even tell me what happened.
你甚至都不告诉我发生了什么
Why are you doing this to me?
你为何要这样对待我
What kind of man are you?
你这样算什么
Go away, drop everything, leave your life?
抛弃一切 远远逃离 一走了之
People do it every day.
大家都是这样
This was a dalliance, a cheap affair.
只是逢场作戏 你我的感情根本毫无价值
Rachel, don't.
雷切尔 别
You don't want to run away with me.
你不是想和我一起远走高飞
You just want to run away.
你只不过想要自己一走了之
You're a coward.
你是个懦夫
Please go now.
请你走吧
Get out.
快走
Peggy, this is my office.
佩奇 这是我的办公室
Does this door mean nothing to you?
你以为这扇门是形同虚设的吗
I'm sorry, Mr. Draper.
我很抱歉 德雷柏先生
I didn't know you were coming back. I just...
我不知道你回来了 我只是
I just...
我只是
Calm down.
别这样
Stop it.
别哭了
I didn't mean to yell at you.
我不是故意冲你吼
Got to be some semblance of privacy left here.
这里仅剩下徒有虚表的隐私了
I had to get away from them all for a minute.
我要远离外面那些人 只一会也好
Drink this.
喝了吧
Sonny from the elevator and some janitor...
开电梯的松尼和一个门卫
I don't know his name...
我甚至都不认识他
They got fired.
他们被开除了
That's why you're crying?
你就为了这个哭吗
It was my fault.
那都是我的错
I called security.
是我报告了保安人员
They weren't even here last night.
他们昨晚甚至都不在这儿
Peggy, I need to be alone right now.
佩奇 我真的需要独处一会儿
I know.
我知道
I know.
我知道
I don't understand.
我只是不明白
I try to do my job.
我尽力做好本职工作
I follow the rules,
遵守规章制度
and people hate me.
但却招来别人的憎恨
Innocent people get hurt, and...
无辜的人受到伤害
and other people...
而其他人
people who are not good...
那些坏人
get to walk around doing whatever they want.
却若无其事般地为所欲为
It's not fair.
这不公平
Finish it.
喝完吧
I've thought about what you said.
我已考虑过你的要求
Glad to hear it.
洗耳恭听
And then I thought about you
我还考虑到你
and what a deep lack of character you have.
那让人不敢恭维的人品
I can understand your frustration, Don.
我可以理解你的受挫感 唐
Believe me, I'm not enjoying this any more than you are.
相信我 和你一样 我也不喜欢这样
I'm hiring Duck Phillips.
我准备雇佣达克?菲利普斯
Don...
唐
Don't make me go to Cooper.
别逼我告诉库珀
I'm not making you do anything.
我根本没有逼你
You haven't thought this through.
你并没有完全考虑透彻
I have. Really?
我意已决 真的吗
You're just going to go up to the office
你就这样贸贸然地到办公室去
and tell Bert Cooper.
再把这些告诉伯特?库珀吗
If I have to. I don't want to.
在逼不得的情况下 我不得不这么做
Let me ask you.
我来问你
How do you think he'll react
你告诉他这个所谓的故事后
when you tell him this story of yours?
你觉得他会有什么反应
You expect him to promote you after the way you've behaved?
目睹你的所作所为后 你觉得他还会提升你吗
I think he'll appreciate the loyalty.
我觉得他欣赏一个人的诚信
You haven't thought this through.
你并没有考虑透彻
I don't know.
我不知道
But I'm pretty sure you won't be working here anymore.
但我很肯定 你一定饭碗不保
What are you doing? Where are you going?
你这是干什么 你去哪儿
I'm going to take care of this right now.
我现在就来解决这个问题
Is this like in the movies where I have a gun
你以为这是电影吗 你被枪指着
and you don't think I'm going to shoot you?
还以为别人不会开枪吗
I will shoot you.
我告诉你 我肯定会开枪
I won't let you hold this over my head.
我不会再让你掌握主动权
So you'd rather blow yourself up than make me head of accounts.
你宁愿牺牲自己 也不愿升我做客户部经理吗
Why can't you give me what I want?
为什么你就不能满足我的要求
I've earned this job. I deserve it.
我当之无愧 完全应得这份工作
Why? Because your parents are rich?
怎么 就因为你父母有钱吗
Because you went to prep school and have a $5.00 haircut?
上了私立中学还花得起5美元剪个发型吗
You've been given everything.
一直以来 你都是坐享其成
You've never worked for anything in your life.
你从未付出过真正的努力
For gosh sakes, don't you realize
老天 你难道不明白吗
you're going to lose everything?
你这样会一无所有
I'm giving you a way out.
我这是给你个台阶下
Would it be so bad?
这有什么不好
Why is this so hard for you?
为何对你而言就如此困难
You're really going to do this?
你真的要这么做吗
More bad news?
又有坏消息了吗
If you came here to drown your sorrows,
如果你是想来借酒浇愁
I'm not really much of a drinker.
告诉你 我的酒量可不怎么好
No. I just wanted to say...
不 我只是想说
I'm pulling the trigger on Duck Phillips
我决定雇佣达克?菲利普斯
as new head of account services.
作为新的客户部经理
Oh, good. Well done.
很好 干得不错
What?
还有什么事
I have to bring this up to you.
有件事我不得不提
Only because I believe if I kept it from you
鉴于若我隐瞒此事
in the end it would be damaging to Sterling Cooper.
最终定会对库珀广告公司带来损失
It has come to my attention, completely by accident,
出于意外 我得知了此事
that Donald Draper here is not who he says he is.
唐纳德?德雷柏隐瞒了他的真实身份
His real name is Dick Whitman,
他的真实姓名是迪克?惠特曼
but...
但事实上
Dick Whitman died in Korea ten years ago.
迪克?惠特曼在10年前死于朝鲜
It stands to reason that he is a deserter at the very least
这就说明他至少是个逃兵
and who knows what else.
谁知道他还有什么更加丑恶的真面目
Mr. Campbell, who cares?
坎贝尔先生 谁会在意呢
What?
什么
Who cares?
这很重要吗
Mr. Cooper, he's a fraud and a liar.
库珀先生 他是个彻头彻尾的骗子
A criminal, even.
甚至可能是个罪犯
Even if this were true, who cares?
就算是这样 又有什么关系呢
This country was built and run by men with worse stories
这个国家的先辈和当权者的经历
than whatever you've imagined here.
可比你能想像的更不堪入目
I'm not imagining anything.
我可没有在凭空想象
The Japanese have a saying:
有一句日本谚语
A man is whatever room he is in,
人随境变
and right now Donald Draper is in this room.
而现在 唐纳德?德雷柏就在合适他的位置上
I assure you,
我保证
there's more profit in forgetting this.
还是忘记这事对你比较有好处
I'd put your energy into bringing in accounts.
我希望你们全身心投入以带来客户和利润
Don,
唐
fire him if you want.
你想的话就开除他吧
But I'd keep an eye on him.
但我会盯着他
One never knows how loyalty is born.
无人知道所谓忠诚从何而来
Shit!
见鬼
Sir, what do we do?
长官 我们该怎么办
Keep your head.
保持低姿势
Don't shoot at anything
待你受到攻击时
unless it shoots at you first.
再开枪还击
What? What? What?
怎么回事
Shut up! Just stay down!
闭嘴 卧低
Shit!
可恶
Don't they know this is a hospital?
他们难道不知道这里是医院吗
We're nuts if they know that.
他们知道我们就完了
Is it over?
结束了吗
I don't know.
我不知道
You think they'll be back? I don't know.
你觉得他们还会回来吗 我不知道
We didn't shoot back. That helps.
幸好我们没还击
You pissed yourself.
你都吓得尿出来了
What?
什么
Did I?
真的吗
Crap.
糟糕
How are we doing, Lieutenant Draper?
感觉如何 德雷柏中尉
On behalf of the President of the United States
我谨代表美利坚共和国总统
and the citizens of the United States of America...
和全体美利坚共和国公民
I present you with this Purple Heart medal.
向您颁发这枚紫心勋章
The concussion was minor.
你有轻微脑震荡
You'll feel like yourself in a week.
过一周后会好一些
The colonel here has some good news for you.
上校为你带来了一些好消息
We're releasing you to the Reserves for your last 80 days.
在服役期的最后80天 我们将你转为预备役
You're going home.
你可以回家了
That's good news. You're going to be okay.
这是好消息 你会没事的
Lieutenant Draper,
德雷柏中尉
Private Whitman.
惠特曼二等兵
You were the last person who knew him
在这场战役中
in his chain of command.
你是最后一个认识他的军官
We'd like you to take him home.
我们希望你护送他回家
I think it would mean something.
我觉得这能表达一番心意
Lieutenant Nelson, how you doing?
尼尔森中尉 感觉如何
On behalf of the President of the United States
我谨代表美利坚共和国总统
and the citizens of the United States of America...
和全体美利坚共和国公民
Bunbury.
邦伯利到了
This is us, Lieutenant.
我们到了 中尉
Lieutenant Draper?
德雷柏中尉
Just go.
你们走吧
I can't.
我做不到
Okay.
好吧
There he is! I see him!
他就在那儿 我看到他了
Who?
谁
Dick. He's on the train.
迪克 他在火车上
I see him.
我看到他了
No, he's right here.
不 他躺在这儿
But I saw him.
但我看见他了
I saw him in the window over there.
他就在窗口边上
Stop it. No more of that.
闭嘴 别再胡言乱语了
It must be hard for you.
对你来说一定很艰难
Did you know him?
你认识他吗
A little.
不太熟
You got your whole life ahead of you.
现在你是前程似锦
Forget that boy in the box.
忘了那位已逝的年轻人吧
Look at you.
看看你
Let me buy a soldier a drink.
我请归来的大兵喝一杯吧
Dick!
迪克
With that, I want to say again
为此 我想再一次
my deep thanks to all of you who are here
向此时此刻守在电视机和收音机旁的你们
and those who have listened on television and radio,
表达深深的谢意
and again my congratulations to Senator Kennedy
我还要再次祝贺肯尼迪参议员
for his fine race in this campaign,
他在竞选中的精彩表现有目共睹
and to all of you...
同时 也祝贺你们
I am sure...
我肯定
I am sure his supporters
我肯定他的支持者们
are just as enthusiastic as you are for me,
也同你们一样满腔热忱
and I thank you for that.
再一次感谢你们