Listen, can you mail this for me today?
今天能帮我把它寄出去吗
Sure, Whitman.
可以,惠特曼
It's going to be at least 40 cents.
至少得要40美分
Thank you.
谢谢
Mama, Mrs. Winter is a busybody.
妈妈,温特先生爱管闲事
You're threatening me.
你在威胁我
I'm glad he wants to see me,
他愿意见我我很高兴
but I... I don't want to see him.
但,但我不想见他
I'm working a lot right now. I don't have a lot of time.
我目前工作很忙,没多少时间
I have to go.
我得挂了
Were you listening to my phone call?
你在偷听我的电话吗
You mean your personal phone call?
你是指你的私人电话吧
Good morning, Mr. Draper.
早上好,德雷柏先生
Peggy, will you get me a glass of ice water?
佩奇,帮我拿杯冰水好吗
Someone hasn't told the sun it's October.
太阳先生忘记现在都十月了
Miss Holloway. Mr. Draper,
霍洛韦小姐,德雷柏先生
It's the Clients' Luncheon.
关于客户午宴
Mr. Cooper said you were responsible While Mr. Sterling is out.
库珀先生说斯特林先生不在时由你负责
Didn't you handle most of Mr. Sterling's catering questions?
这类事情向来不是由你负责吗
Continue doing that.
还是你来吧
How is he? Have you visited?
他怎么样了,你去看过他吗
I have. He's less sickly.
去过,没那么严重了
I hope he knows how concerned we all are.
希望他知道大家都很关心他
Good morning, chief. Don.
早上好,老大,唐
Joan's been a bitch lately.
琼最近脾气不大好
Anyone else notice that?
你们注意到没
Oh, absolutely.
当然看到了
I like it. Oh, do you?
我喜欢她那样,是吗
This got kicked over from Ed Baltz at Compton.
这是从康普顿的艾德?巴尔茨那转过来的
We sent them Firestone last month
因为跟固特异橡胶公司的冲突
Because of our conflict with Goodyear.
我们上个月将燧石的案子给了他们
This is how they repaid the favor.
他们却恩将仇报
Look at that.
看看这个
I think it's a modified Lionel transformer.
好像是改良的莱昂内尔变压器
Well, I never thought I'd say this, but what does the research say?
我本不想问,但是研究结果怎么样
Weight loss is a hard thing to prove.
减肥成功不是那么容易证明的
No, it isn't. It's "before" and "after" pictures
你错了,前后的照片对比很容易证明
Since the dawn of time.
向来如此
Mr. Martin Buckwald, its inventor, he calls it the P.E.R.,
这机器由马汀?布克瓦尔德先生发明
Or Passive Exercise Regime.
他称之为被动锻炼法
So it needs a name.
那还得取个名字
The Electrocizer.
电动锻炼器
For a slimmer, better you.
让你更瘦更漂亮
That helps a little.
这不错
Regarding slimmer,
说起变瘦
Buckwald has a fair amount of testimonials,
布克瓦尔德可收到了不少感谢信
But unfortunately none you can take a picture of.
可是又不能给那些东西拍照
We tried to get our own testimonials.
我们想自己找一些人现身说法
Some of the fellas brought it home to their wives.
有些同仁带回家送给了妻子
And?
然后呢
It's tricky. I, uh, gave it to Jennifer.
很奇怪,我给了詹妮弗
She took it the wrong way.
可她误会了
She told me to wear it.
她还叫我穿
Violet has it.
沃尔蕾特用过
She says the scales are the same,
她说体重没有改变
but she hasn't given up on it
不过她还是在继续使用
Like she does with diets after a week.
她之前节食可只坚持了一周
Mitch and some of the other guys...
还有米奇和其他一些人
We had eight belts.
我们用了八个腰带
Again, there's been no weight loss yet.
可是没有人体重下降
Who cares if it works?
谁在乎这有没有用
They're offering us commission on media,
他们给我们钱让我们宣传
Plus a bounty on every unit upside of last year's comps.
每比去年多销售一个就多一份分红
But fake weight loss claims?
但是要假称体重下降吗
Thank you.
谢谢
What about her?
她怎么样
She's obviously losing some kind of battle.
显然她可不瘦
You may have to let it out a little.
还是得减减肥才好
Maybe you should put her on your regimen
也许你应该让她像你那样
Of sprinting out the door every day at 5 to 5.
每天上下班都跑步
What I'm saying is she did a heck of a job on Belle Jolie.
我想说的是她妙龄佳人口红的案子做得不错
Maybe lightning will strike twice.
也许好运会来两次
I don't think Peggy's the answer.
我觉得在佩奇身上找不到出路
I promised Buckwald we'd go with our big guns.
我答应布克瓦尔德我们会派出最好的人手
Our big guns have been silent.
我们最厉害的家伙已经熄火了
Peggy!
佩奇
Did you need more water?
还要水吗
This device is a new product.
这个装置是个新产品
I would like you to give us your thoughts on it.
希望你能提一些意见
Right now?
现在吗
No.
不是
It's a weight loss belt, it says.
这是减肥腰带
It, uh, stimulates the muscles, imitating calisthenics.
它会通过模仿健美操动作来刺激肌肉
You'd be perfect for it.
你是最好的人选
Why?
为何
Because you're a woman.
因为你是个女人
And we'd like your point of view.
而我们恰好需要女性的意见
I'm getting another account?
那这是给我的另一个案子吗
It's an assignment, not an account.
这是任务,不是广告案
Go ahead, sweetheart. Take it for a spin.
拿去用吧,小甜心,好好用
Uh, am I allowed to change the name?
我可以给它换个名字吗
Yes.
可以
Thank you.
谢谢
That'll be all.
没事了
I need 3.59 for the phone bill.
你得给我3.59元电话费
I told you I never use it.
我说过我没用过
But you do use the saltines and the Velveeta and the liverwurst.
但你吃了撒盐饼干,维菲塔乳酪还有肝泥香肠
I never even got any.
我从没吃到过
I had some people over
你周二出去喝酒时
while you were out drinking on Tuesday.
我有些朋友过来了
3.59. That's your half of the phone.
3.59元,你该付的一半电话费
You should use it more.
你应该多打点电话
I have work to do.
我有工作要做
I don't know why you do that.
我不知道你为什么会这样
When I leave the office, I'm done.
我下班后从不加班
Do you have to go home?
你要回家吗
No.
不用
Good. I don't want you to.
太好了,我不想你走
I don't want to.
我也不想走
This is hard for me.
这对我太难了
Mostly because I can't even imagine how hard it must be for you.
主要是因为我不敢想象这对你有多难
I don't think about it.
我不去想
I mean, I try not to.
我是说,我尽量不去想
Must be a powerful mind you have there,
你一定有很强的意志力
Because I can't control mine.
我就不能控制我自己
I keep thinking about us being together.
我一直想象我俩在一起的样子
We are together.
我们现在就在一起
I know, but...
我知道,可是
I don't know if I understand how this works,
我不知道这样是否行得通
Where it goes.
会有什么结果
I'm worried it's a fantasy.
我担心这是一个幻境
It's not.
这不是
I told you, I'm right where I'm supposed to be.
我跟你说过,我很清楚自己要做的事
I just haven't figured out what to do yet.
我只是还没想到要做什么
I'm sorry. Would you like me to wait outside?
对不起,要我在外面等吗
It's up to you.
随你
I, um, I did the work on the weight loss belt,
我进行了关于减肥腰带的研究
Like you asked.
如你要求那样
That was fast.
你很迅速
You asked me to.
这是你的要求
And what is your unique point of view?
那你有什么独特见解
I wrote it down.
我写下来了
Summarize.
简要说一下
It's one day. I don't know if I lost any weight.
只有一天时间,我不知道有没有减下去一点
Do you feel different?
你感觉有所不同吗
I wrote it down.
我写下来了
Peggy, you're saying even less in here than you are now.
佩奇,你写得比你说的还少
It's hard to put into words.
很难用言语形容
Then you have failed.
那你就没有完成任务
You definitely feel something
是有所感觉
That I think some women... would like to feel.
我觉得有些女人会喜欢
Where is that here?
这里面写在哪里
It vibrates.
它会震动
And that coincides with how you wear it.
再想想腰带的位置
Oh. I see that here:
我看见了
"A sensation. "
一种感觉
Yes.
是的
It explains its success.
这解释了它为什么会畅销
And it basically made me think
我只是觉得
It was probably... unrelated to weight loss.
这可能跟减肥没什么关系
We now have a benefit.
总算是一个产品优点
And we just have to figure out how to put it into words.
我们现在只需要想一下词语来形容
Have another go at it.
你再试一试
I will work on that, Mr. Draper.
好的,德雷柏先生
Peggy, just think about it deeply.
佩奇,先仔细思考
Then forget it,
然后忘掉你所想的
And an idea will... jump up in your face.
接着就会有奇思妙想涌出你的脑海
Thank you.
谢谢
Excuse me, ma'am.
不好意思,女士
I hate to bother you.
抱歉打扰了您
I'm from the Frederick Air Conditioning Company,
我是弗雷德里克空调公司的员工
And I'd like to talk to you
我想跟您介绍一个
About an opportunity to live in frozen comfort.
让您的家变得更凉爽舒适的好东西
I'm not interested.
我不感兴趣
Could I trouble you for a glass of water?
能给我杯水吗
It's a scorcher out here.
外面太热了
I...
我
Of course.
当然可以
Thank you.
谢谢
Thank you.
谢谢
You know, we have many units in all price ranges.
夫人,我们有不同价位的产品
What?
怎么了
I'm married to a salesman.
我先生就是推销员
And I'm sure my husband and I can brave another week
我相信他和我能再坚持一个星期
Or however long this Indian summer's going to be.
或者坚持完这个酷夏
Can I come back when he is here?
那等您丈夫在时我再来好吗
I mean, a unit here or in your living room...
在这里或者您的客厅里安个装置
We wouldn't even have to alter your window.
根本都不用整改你的窗户
We could just cut a hole right above it.
只用在这上面钻一个小孔
You see this gap?
看见这个缝隙了吗
That's where your cool air, whatever there is of it,
本来这里用来降温,可里面的东西
is escaping.
正在泄露
From that little space?
就从那么小的洞里吗
Yes. And there's a science to how heat patterns work.
对,冷热变化是有科学依据可循的
Now, what you need is a unit here downstairs
你现在只需在楼下
and one in your bedroom.
和卧室各装一个装置
That's if you have the right construction.
只要结构正确
That would be nice.
听起来不错
I could take down some numbers,
我可以记下一些数据
you know, measure everything.
就是测量一下
Write up an estimate...
再给你们一个大概费用
Something you could discuss with your husband When he comes home.
你可以等你丈夫回来后跟他商量
I guess that would be okay.
我想这样可以
You know...
那个
My husband...
我先生
I think he would rather go to Sears.
我觉得他可能更愿受热
If that's what you want.
如果您这么想的话
You should go.
你该走了
I can just guess what this would cost and put it under your door when your husband comes home.
我可以估算一下花费再送给你先生看
Please go.
请你走吧
Fernando, we are pleased to hear that case sales have more than doubled.
费尔南多,听说销售额翻番我们很高兴
We still believe that most of the credit goes to your rum.
大部分功劳可要归功于你的朗姆酒
Say hello from me.
替我问好
Bert Cooper says it is a unique pleasure working with you.
伯特?库珀说跟你合作是难得的荣幸
I just finish trying to talk Lucky Strike off a ledge
我刚刚结束了和幸福时光公司的谈话
Junior or Senior?
老的还是小的
Senior. He's coming for lunch tomorrow
老的,他明天过来一起吃午餐
To see if Roger is still involved.
想知道罗杰是否还在参与
And they're having this lunch bedside, I suppose?
他们是要在病床边吃午餐吗
I invited him here to see for himself.
我要请他到公司来亲眼看看
He called my bluff.
他以为我骗他
Clear tomorrow.
明天刚好让他看清楚
I need you to, uh,
我需要你
Draw focus from our guest of honor.
让我们的贵宾把注意力转到你身上
...Was number 2 in his class at Columbia Law School.
是哥伦比亚法学院他们班的第二名
He works with Morgenthau,
他与摩根索共事
And having been captivated by him at more than one cocktail party,
一起参加过几次鸡尾酒会,完全被他吸引了
He is a charmer.
他是个万人迷
I can see he does something for you,
我看得出你对他动了心
But I don't know if this is the right time.
可我不知道现在是否合适
Because you're getting so much younger every day?
因为你会越来越年轻吗
Because I don't know if my heart would be in it.
因为我不知道是否能全心投入
Are you seeing that goy?
你跟那个异邦人在交往吗
A little bit.
差不多吧
Well, I told you I wouldn't let that stop me.
我告诉过你我也不会因此停下脚步的
What if he were, um...
若他
You're mumbling.
你结巴了
What if he were married?
若他是有妇之夫呢
My goodness.
我的天
Jesus.
天哪
Nothing's happened.
没发生什么事呢
Good.
那就好
But I have been thinking about it.
可我一直在想
The two of us together.
想我跟他在一起
It feels so natural. I feel so close to him.
这种感觉如此自然,我感到跟他如此贴近
Really?
真的吗
He's married, but I don't think he's happy.
他是结婚了,可我觉得他不开心
Obviously.
显然是
What does it matter? Nothing's going to happen.
这有什么大不了,反正不会发生什么
All I know is what I see in the movies.
我知道的就是电影所描写的那样
It's magical,
爱情似乎有着神奇的魔力
And then they start talking about him leaving his wife,
然后他们说他要离开他妻子了
And then he doesn't.
可最后他还是没有
I saw this one where the husband gets the woman pregnant
有一部里那女的怀孕了,所以那个有妇之夫
so he kills her.
就杀了她
You don't want to be that woman.
你不会想成为那样的女人
Go ahead.
打开吧
Oh, please. Whatever it says is going to seem related to this.
那上面的话好像跟现在说的事有关
"You are your own worst enemy. "
你是你自己最大的敌人
That's yours.
那是你的纸条
You look tired.
你看起来很累
I am.
确实很累
You're working too much.
你工作太多了
No, it's just...
也不是,就是
Maybe.
也许吧
It's too hot in here anyway.
屋里太热了
You know, we're losing a lot of our cool air
你知道吗,很多冷空气
Through the windows in the dining room?
都从餐厅里的窗户流走了吗
What?
什么
Nothing. It's just something the salesman said.
没什么,就是推销员说的
What was he doing in the dining room?
他在餐厅里干什么
What are you talking about?
你说什么呢
You let a stranger in my house?
你让陌生人进了我的房子
Don't raise your voice.
别那么大声
I damn well will raise my voice.
我当然大声
Do you have any idea what could have happened?
你难道没想过可能会发生什么吗
I could have bought an air conditioner.
我可能会买个空调
It's hot.
天很热
Salesmen go into people's homes every day.
销售员每天都会进到人们的房屋
It's like when you turn on a television set
这就像你打开电视机
and then you turn it off, it...
关掉电视机
Look, you didn't want to spend the money...
你要是不想花钱
Good night, Betty.
晚安,贝蒂
I feel like I should make a speech.
我感到应该发表演讲
Get back to work.
回去做事吧
Welcome back. You look good.
欢迎回来,你看起来不错
Honey.
亲爱的
One hour. That's all you get.
一个小时,过时不许
You be a good boy.
乖一点
I shall be both dog and pony.
我既要当雄狮也要当乖乖羊
Come on.
走吧
He looks like death.
他看起来面如死灰
I know. His hair and his skin are the same color.
我看见了,他的头发和皮肤几乎是一个颜色
Not really.
不完全一样
That's the spot... exactly where it happened.
就是这里,就是在这里发生的
I can still feel it.
我还能感觉到
Miss Holloway, we brought you here because of your discretion.
霍洛韦小姐,因为你向来谨慎我们才带你来
Can you help us with this? His color?
能帮我们吗,他的脸色
Hey, honey.
宝贝
Well, you know, we don't need Miami Beach,
可不用弄得像从迈阿密海滩度假回来一样
But, uh, just do what you can do.
尽你所能吧
Can I kiss you?
我能吻你吗
I don't know if I could handle it.
我可不知道受不受得起
We should have done this for Nixon before the debates.
在尼克松电视辩论前我们也该为他化个妆
Oh, the arrogance of that campaign.
大选的人向来自命不凡
It's infuriating.
太让人生气了
Being the incumbent is even harder.
在职者就更难做了
You can't just sit on your ass and look presidential.
你不能只坐在那里表现得像总统
You probably shouldn't get so upset.
也许你不该这么忧心忡忡
It's not good for you.
这对你不好
I missed you.
我想你
You know that, right?
你知道的,对吧
I missed you, too.
我也想你
Oh, Joannie, Joannie, look at that mouth.
琼妮,琼妮,看看你的小嘴
You're not doing my lips.
你不是要给我化嘴唇吧
My rouge is too dark,
我的腮红颜色太深
but I have this light lipstick.
幸好我还有这个浅色的口红
You'll draw freckles on me, too, like Raggedy Andy?
你还要给我化皱纹对吗,就像破烂娃娃那样
Look, I want to tell you something
琼,我想跟你说一些话
Because you're very dear to me,
因为你对我来说很重要
And I hope you understand it comes from the bottom
希望你知道这番话发自
of my... damaged, damaged heart.
我不堪重负的心灵深处
You are the finest piece of ass I ever had,
你是我拥有的最美妙的礼物
and I don't care who knows it.
我不在乎有没有人知道
I am so glad I got to roam those hillsides.
我很高兴能跟你有那么快乐的日子
Stop it.
别说了
I mean it.
我是真心的
I've had a lot of time
我最近有很多时间去想
To think about the things I've done and been sorry about,
我曾做过的后悔的事
And being with you is not one of them.
可我不后悔跟你在一起
That's not what I wanted.
我可不想你这样
You look better.
你看起来好多了
I should have come over.
我应该去你家的
That's a silly idea.
这可不是好主意
Damn it.
可恶
Soon the milk stains are going to meet the sweat stains.
很快奶迹就要蔓延到汗渍这处了
Should we get out of here and let her sleep?
我们要出去吗,让她好好睡觉
I'd love to, but the door's noisier than our talking.
我倒想,可门的声音比说话声还吵
She's actually a good sleeper, thank God,
实际上她不容易醒,谢天谢地
Even with the heat rash.
即使长了痱子都能睡得很好
Poor thing.
可怜的小家伙
And it actually gets hotter at night.
晚上还要更热
Did you think about buying an air conditioner
你有打算从昨天的推销员那里
from that pushy young man yesterday?
买部空调吗
Is that what he was selling?
他卖的是空调吗
He looked like one of Carlton's squash buddies.
他看起来就像跟卡尔顿一起打壁球的球友
Made me sorry I answered the door.
开了门就后悔了
He was very pushy.
他非常主动
He came in and started measuring things.
一进门就开始量东西
Don was not happy about that.
唐可不大高兴
Don was there?
唐当时也在吗
No.
不在
Carlton would break my arm.
如果是我,卡尔顿会打断我的手
It was foolish letting him in.
让他进来实在太傻了
Why would you tell him?
你为什么要告诉他
It just came up.
话不知怎么就到了嘴边
I wasn't thinking.
我没想那么多
What did he do?
那他怎么说
What do you think?
你觉得呢
He lost his temper.
他发火了
He's very protective.
他保护意识很重
Just as you requested, a little of our local color:
如你要求,我们带来了一些本地特色菜
Pastrami, cole slaw, sour pickles.
烟熏牛肉,菜丝沙拉,酸泡菜
I like it.
我很喜欢
It's Yankee barbecue.
是洋基烧烤
They're all ours.
都是我们抽的
Here they are now.
他们来了
Roger. Hello, Lee.
罗杰,你好,李
Hello, Don. Lee.
你好,唐,你好,李
Jimmy, Preston, how do you do?
吉米,普雷斯顿, 你们好
It's wonderful to see you.
见到你真高兴
Well, from what I hear,
我听到的可是
You boys had all but given me up for dead.
你们这些家伙都当我死了呢
I don't think it's wrong
我们关心你的身体健康
For us to express our concern for your well-being.
可没有什么错
Well, I know how much you love your delicatessen.
我知道你们很爱吃这些小食
But I know there's also something else
可还有一些事情
You want to discuss.
你们也很想讨论吧
You're worried about losing the lawsuit?
你担心输掉了官司,对吗
There were no damages.
但是没有损失
But we lost.
可我们输了
But there were no damages.
可没有损失
Blame is one thing, malice is another.
责备是一回事,怨恨是另一回事
I worked my way inside and out of the FTC.
我在联邦贸易委员会里打点好一切
Bought a lot of dinners in Washington.
还在华盛顿请客吃饭疏通关系
You can't fight them.
你无法跟他们斗
That's what lawyers are for.
所以才需要律师
Lawyers? I've seen a girl fight harder on her first date
律师有屁用,女孩子第一次约会时
Than these DC shuttlecocks.
都比那些愣头律师们要努力得多
Listen, I'm a stockholder,
我是股东之一
so I called Chester Conrad in the Surgeon General's office,
所以我打给卫生总署的切斯特?康纳德
And he assured me it would be at least three years
他保证说至少得花三年
Before they could compile a report.
才能编写完报告
But legislation is in progress.
可正在进行立法
We hear another year or two beyond that.
我们听说这至少也还得一两年
They speculate they're going to put warning signs on the packages.
他们设想要在包装上标注警示标志
There's still plenty of time before we have to worry about that,
在这之前我们还有充分的时间
During which we wait to see if share drops off
我们可以按兵不动,观察股票价格是否会跌
Before we run for the hills looking for a new campaign.
然后再进行新的活动
Is that true?
是这样吗
Well, it must be. He just said it.
肯定是,他刚刚说了
Well, I've been spending a lot of time with my wife.
我跟我的妻子待了很长一段时间
I'm glad we came by.
很高兴我们今天来了
I missed you all.
我想念你们大家
You New Yorkers.
你们这帮纽约客
To New Yorkers.
为纽约人干杯
May they always...
愿他们永远
Oh, Jesus. Not again.
我的天,又来了
Are you okay?
你还好吗
Just give him some air. Give him some air.
给他点空间,让他呼吸
Give him air.
让他大口呼吸
I'm okay. Don't talk.
我没事,别说话
This was stupid. I'll get the elevator.
这太蠢了,我去按电梯
No, they're holding the elevator.
电梯到了
I'm very sorry.
真的对不起
Mona, sweetheart, this was a mistake.
莫娜,亲爱的,这是一个错误
I tried to talk him out of it, but you people.
我劝他不要来,可你们这些人
Mrs. Sterling, I had no idea.
斯特林夫人,我不知情
I used to think you couldn't put a value on a human life,
我以前以为你们会重视人的生命
But I never asked Bert Cooper, did I?
我从未要求过伯特?库珀,是吗
Sweetheart...
亲爱的
Go to hell, Bert.
下地狱去吧,伯特
I don't need to tell you that Don has everything under control.
我不必再强调一切尽在唐的掌握中
I don't know.
我可不知道
Without Sterling...
没有斯特林
I may have a family business,
虽然我是家族生意
But I'm not an autocrat.
可我不是独裁者
I have a board,
我有董事会
And my son wants to be the executive of an aluminum company.
我的儿子想成为一家铝材料公司的执行长
Ah, still, your board should give credit where credit is due.
可你的董事会应该给值得信任的人一点鼓励
Share?
同意吗
We all like Don Draper,
我们都喜欢唐?德雷柏
But if I was you, I'd find some way to show him
可如果我是你,我会想办法让他知道
That you all do, too.
你们也很喜欢他
He's a dead man, you know, even if he survives.
即使他活下来也无法东山再起了
What are you talking about?
你在说什么呢
Most clients will put up with one coronary from a partner.
大多数客户会忍受合伙人一次心脏病发作
Cost of doing business. Two?
做生意的风险嘛,可两次
Are we going down?
我们是不是要完了
I wrote, prepared, and sent out my resume this afternoon,
我今天下午写了一份简历寄出
At company expense.
用的是公费
Look, it doesn't take a genius to see what's going to happen.
笨蛋也看得出接下来会怎么样
They'll bump Draper up to partner.
他们会将德雷柏提升为合伙人
Everyone will fall in line.
其他人按部就班
Draper.
德雷柏
It would have happened a long time ago
要不是他们这么贪婪
If they weren't so greedy.
这件事很早之前就该定了
They're already paying him his weight in gold.
他们已经给了他高额工资
Half the accounts at this agency came for Draper.
这个机构一半的广告文案都是冲德雷柏来的
Frank Birmingham brings in a lot of accounts.
法兰克?伯明翰也有不少功劳
Come on. You sit in that conference room.
不是吧,你也在会议室
Frank Birmingham brings them in,
法兰克?伯明翰是带来了不少生意
And while they're dozing off,
可他们打盹睡觉时
Don goes through their wallets.
是唐去赚回了钱
What about Mitch Sullivan in Media?
传媒部门的米奇?沙利文怎么样
He's fat, bald, and charmless.
他肥胖秃顶,毫无魅力
You think Draper likes me?
你们觉得德雷柏喜欢我吗
He rides me pretty hard sometimes.
他有时会狠狠打击我
It's hard to tell with him.
很难分辨他的喜好
He likes you.
但他喜欢你
I work at it.
那是我努力的结果
I work at it, too.
我也努力了
I can tell you do.
我看得出来
You never know when he's doing it.
可他讨好时你就看不出了
There's not a man in this room
这房间里没有一个人
Who's not holding Don Draper on their shoulders
不曾为唐?德雷柏出过力
So that he can reach partner.
所以他才能升到合伙人
He's not going to fire you.
他不会开除你
Who said anything about that?
谁这么说了
No one. It's just...
没人说,只是
You don't think he deserves it, do you?
你觉得他还不够格当合伙人是吗
Campbell, don't you know anything about business,
坎贝尔,你不是很了解做生意吗
Cleaning out the old guys?
清除老员工
It's good for us. It opens up spots.
这对我们很好,会有更多的空位
My ma, she wouldn't shut up about you.
我的妈妈对你赞不绝口
I told her I remembered you.
我告诉她我还记得你
Isn't that nice?
这真好
You smoke.
你抽烟
All the time.
一直这样
It's practically mandatory in our office.
差不多是我们办公室的规矩
Thank you.
谢谢
Brandy Alexander for La Donna, and a Rheingold.
给女士的白兰地亚历山大,还有莱茵黄金酒
What, you don't like it? I'll send it back.
怎么了,不喜欢吗,我让服务员拿回去
Well, my friend Joan always orders them for me.
我的朋友琼总是为我点这个
They're usually sweeter.
平时要甜一些
She's a scream.
她很惹人喜爱
She lives in the city.
还住在城里
There's a bar in Manhattan where the glasses are chilled.
曼哈顿有一家酒吧,那里的杯子都冰冻过
What's in that?
里面装什么
I don't know.
我不知道
So you drive a truck.
那你是开卡车的
Yes.
是
But I bought my own route.
但我买下了自己的专属路线
Wise potato chips.
怀斯薯片
Really?
真的吗
Yeah.
真的
I have an area that's just mine.
有一片区域专属于我
The route was expensive, but the hard part was learning that truck.
买下那里很贵,但更难的是开那辆卡车
Special license.
要特别许可证
We have a potato chip account:
我们有一个薯片的广告案
Utz.
是乌兹薯片
You get free ones? I do.
你能吃到免费的吗,我就能吃到
I don't know. I don't like potato chips.
我不知道,我不喜欢薯片
You live out here, right?
你住在这里,对吗
Prospect Park. I have my own apartment.
希望公园,我有自己的公寓
Well, I share it with my roommate Marjorie.
跟我的室友玛乔丽一起住
She's a character.
她是个演员
My sister's a secretary for Bulova in Flushing.
我妹妹在法拉盛的宝路华店当秘书
I just got a new account the other day.
我前不久接手了一个新文案
I already wrote copy for Belle Jolie lipsticks.
我还为妙龄佳人口红撰写过广告
It's going to be in a bunch of magazines.
很快会登上很多杂志
Which ones?
哪些杂志
I don't think you read them.
你应该不看的
They're about high fashion.
都是些时尚前沿的杂志
Advertising doesn't work on me.
广告对我没用
It's just a lot of people screaming at you from the walls and the TV.
就是一堆印在墙上或电视里的人冲着你尖叫
If advertising is good, people never think it works.
如果广告很好,人们从来不会认为它有用
How do they know it does?
他们怎么知道广告有用
Did they ever prove that?
有人去证明吗
Why are you insulting what I do?
你为什么要侮辱我的职业
"So you drive a truck. "
你那句"那你是开卡车的"也侮辱了我
You do.
你确实是
I'm my own boss, you know?
我给自己当老板,知道吗
You get off the train every day at Grand Central,
而你每天在中央车站下车
And they spray you with gold?
你就以为自己镀金了
Let me tell you, you can act like you're from Manhattan,
我告诉你,你可以表现得像曼哈顿人
But you don't look like those girls.
可你看起来不像那些女孩
Hey, hold on.
等等
That wasn't nice.
我刚才过分了
I feel sorry for you.
我为你难过
I said I'm sorry.
我说了对不起
Those people? In Manhattan?
那些人,曼哈顿人
They are better than us,
他们比我们好
Because they want things they haven't seen.
因为他们渴望拥有自己还未曾见到的事物
The Danny Thomas Show
接下来为你播出丹尼?托马斯秀
was brought to you tonight by Post cereals.
该节目由珀斯特谷物专家赞助
All fine products of General Foods.
通用食品的一系列细粒产品
Post cereals.
珀斯特谷物专家
And now...
现在
I'll be up. I want to check on Roger.
我马上上来,我去看看罗杰
Okay.
好的
Hello.
喂
Hello. It's Don Draper.
喂,我是唐?德雷柏
What can I do for you?
有什么可以效劳
I don't know what you do for anybody.
我不知道你到底能做些什么
Mr. Draper, you sound hostile.
德雷柏先生,你的语气不太友好
After hundreds of dollars,
你拿了几百美元
All you've managed to do is make her more unhappy.
可却让她越来越不开心
I understand this is frustrating for you.
我理解你的失望
This has nothing to do with me. It's her.
这跟我没有关系,是她
You took a woman with a bad case of nerves,
你治疗一个神经紧张的女人
And you made her weaker, not stronger.
却让她变得更脆弱,而不是更坚强
I'm afraid to leave her alone.
我都不敢留她一个人在家
All I can say is that it's a process, and time is part of it.
我只能说这是一个过程,需要时间
If you'd like to expedite things,
如果你想加速进程
We can put her in psychoanalysis.
我们可以给她做精神分析
What are you doing now?
那你现在做的是什么
Psychoanalytic psychotherapy.
精神分析心理治疗法
Psychoanalysis would mean a minimum of three sessions a week
精神分析包含一周至少三次的疗程
And optimally five.
但最好是五次
Thank you.
谢谢
I'll think about that.
我考虑考虑
Over there.
那边
There's no chair.
没有椅子
I really wish I could have come in and prepared first.
我真希望能提前过来准备准备
Sorry. This is the way it works.
抱歉,我们就是这样的
Of course.
我明白
I only have one and a carbon.
我只有一份报告
That's all I had time to do. You'll have to share.
我的时间不够,你们得一起看了
Come on. Just give it to one of the girls.
给这些姑娘们就行了
Ready when you are.
准备好了就开始
Women lose weight so they'll feel good about themselves:
女人减肥是因为他们想对自己感觉良好
Healthier, more attractive.
更加健康,更引人注目
Rejuvenate has a Latin root
驻颜这个词源于拉丁语
Which literally means "the return of youth. "
意为重返青春
The Rejuvenator gives you the flush and glow
驻颜腰带让你重新焕发光彩
Not only that you might have after hours of exercise
这种活力的焕发不仅仅像刚做完运动
But certainly as a young girl.
而是年轻女孩本具有的青春活力
Isn't it nice to feel that way whenever you want?
你只要想就能拥有,这该多美妙
Combined with a sensible diet,
结合合理的饮食
The Rejuvenator.
你一定会爱上
You'll love the way it makes you feel.
驻颜腰带
Look, I'm not going to wait to see how Don lands on this.
我就不等唐发表意见了
I'm going to tell you it's good.
我得说这很棒
Nice end run around the weight loss.
跟减肥这个主题结合得很妙
I think it's good, too. But what does it do?
我也觉得不错,但它到底是什么原理
From what I understand,
就我的理解
It provides the pleasure of a man without the man.
它能替代男人而带给你欢愉
We've been replaced?
我们被替代了
That's why Mitch's wife didn't want to take it off.
难怪米奇的老婆不愿意取下来呢
Oh, I'd love to see her in that.
我倒想看看她穿这的模样
Oof, she's already so hot to trot.
她本就够火热了
4th of July, that gingham halter
国庆日那天,她那身格子背心
With the knot at the bottom?
下面还打了个结
She was falling out of it.
简直呼之欲出
Jayne Mansfield.
就像杰恩?曼斯菲尔德(大牌明星)
Mitch's wife is very attractive.
米奇的老婆很有魅力
Oh, I... I don't know her.
我不认识她
First of all, no Latin.
首先,去掉拉丁文那段
You sound like a valedictorian.
你听起来就像在说告别辞
And the name still isn't right.
其次,名字还是不对
Lastly, you still might need to give us a hint at what it does.
最后,你还是得透露一下它的用途
I could be more explicit.
我可以表达得更直接
I was thinking of calling it stimulating.
我想使用刺激这个词
I think you need, like, a code word,
我觉得你需要的是一个隐语
uh, like... I don't know.
就像,我也说不出来
Like refreshing.
比如,如沐春风
I'll think about that.
我会考虑
Oh, my God. Freddie, doesn't your wife have one?
我的天,弗雷迪,你老婆不是也在用吧
What's your point, Ken?
你想说什么,肯
My point is, didn't you say she loved it?
我想说,你刚刚不是说你老婆很喜欢么
That's funny.
很好笑
Freddie, Sal, you know what to do here.
弗雷迪,萨尔,你们知道该怎么做
I'll get arrested just doing the layouts.
很容易被抓的
Now...
好吧
That wasn't so bad.
并不是太糟
Looks like everybody liked it.
看来大家都很喜欢
I can tell.
我看得出
Uh, Freddie's wife does not look like Mitch's,
弗雷迪的老婆跟米奇的不太一样
You know.
你明白
Good work, Pegs.
做得好,小佩
Come in.
请进
Mr. Draper, I don't want to seem ungrateful,
德雷柏先生,我并不是不感激您
But I think I could serve Sterling Cooper and you better as a copywriter
可我觉得要是我有自己的办公桌
If I had my own desk.
我能更好地为您和库珀先生进行文案撰稿
You have a desk.
你不是有办公桌嘛
But now I have radio spots.
可现在我得再放一个收音机
Peggy, the conversation of a raise is not inappropriate at this moment,
佩奇,此刻谈论奖励并不恰当
But do not be timid.
但不要胆怯
You presented like a man.
你汇报时表现得像个男人
Now act like one.
现在也拿出点样子
I want $5.00 a week more.
我想每周加5美元薪水
Jesus, what do you make?
老天,你的薪水是多少
$35 a week.
一周35美元
Well, that's a 15% kick.
那还是涨了15%
Don, a word.
唐,出来一下
Cooper and Draper just went into Sterling's office.
库珀和德雷柏刚去了斯特林的办公室
Tell me when they come out of there, will you?
他们出来时告诉我,可以吗
Sure. I'll just sit here and watch the door.
可以,我就坐在这里盯着那扇门
That's all I'll do.
只能做这些
Who the hell do you think you're talking to?
你以为自己跟谁说话呢
Is he dead?
他死了吗
No. Quite the opposite.
没有,恰恰相反
They let him go home to convalesce.
医生让他回家休养
And?
然后呢
I want to make you a partner.
我想让你当合伙人
As a symbolic gesture, I think telling me that in here is in bad taste.
你选择在这里告诉我可不怎么好
That's the way it works. Roger knows that.
事情就是这样,罗杰知道
I'm not adding your name to the masthead.
暂时不会加你的名字进来
I'm restoring faith to our clients.
我要让客户对我们有信心
I accept.
我接受
I'll start you at 12%
那先给你12%的股份
And see how both you and Roger do.
看你和罗杰接下来会怎样
Of course you'll remain creative director,
当然你还是创意总监
And to fill the position of head of account services,
并同时担任文案部的主管
You are the only member of the blue ribbon committee.
你是蓝带委员会的唯一成员
Do I hire from inside or outside?
我是内聘还是外聘
I just made you partner.
我刚让你当了合伙人
Do I have to do everything?
我得给你打点好一切吗
No contract.
没有合同
Of course you'd say that.
你当然这么说
Beware the nonconformist.
得注意那些不守规矩的人
I'm going to introduce you to Miss Ayn Rand.
我要把你介绍给安?兰德小姐
I think she'll salivate.
她会喜欢你的
Is he dead?
他死了吗
No.
没
So when's he coming back?
那他什么时候回来
You know, I think this office is too big for me.
我觉得这间办公室对我来说太大了
I might need it if I'm going to lure in Marty Brennen
作为文案部主管,我可能还得需要这个
As head of account services.
去吸引马蒂?布伦南的注意
Then it's true. Congratulations.
那他们说的是真的了,恭喜
Thank you. I mean it.
谢谢,我真心祝贺
You know I admire your work.
你知道我很佩服你
I believe you.
我相信你的话
I hope you do.
希望如此
And I don't think it can be denied that we make a very good team.
我们是一个好团队也是无可争议的事实
You know what?
知道吗
I do like this office.
我确实喜欢这间办公室
I think Roger would want me to have it.
我觉得罗杰会把这里分给我
That way he'll always know he can have it back.
这样的话他还可以随时收回
I hope you're aware that I'd love to throw my hat in the ring.
希望你知道我也很高兴能够升职
I am now.
我现在知道了
Peggy, we have both had very good days.
佩奇,这几天对我们来说都是好日子
You may leave your post.
你可以下班了
It's 4:30.
才4:30
I'm sorry. That's the best I can do at this point.
抱歉,这是我此刻唯一能为你做的
I have work to do.
我还有工作
You can have your raise.
你可以加薪
And I'll talk to Miss Holloway about getting somebody on your desk
在你做这份文案期间
While you attend to your assignment.
我会让霍洛韦小姐安排人手来接替你的工作
Can I tell her?
我能给她说吗
Sure.
当然可以
In the meantime, go with your friends.
别忘了,跟你朋友们出去
Celebrate.
庆祝一下
Good night, Mr. Draper.
晚安,德雷柏先生
Good night.
晚安
Mr. Draper
德雷柏先生
Good night.
晚安
Back away from the set.
别离电视那么近
Come on. You'll burn your eyes out.
眼睛会坏掉的
Hi, Daddy.
爸爸
Uh, I would have made you dinner,
我本打算做你的晚饭
But I called the office, and no one answered.
可我打给办公室没人接
Should I fix something?
还要吃点什么吗
No. I was supposed to have a meeting with a client,
不用了,我本来是要跟客户开会
But it got cancelled.
结果取消了
I got made partner.
我当合伙人了
Oh, my God. Don, that's wonderful.
天哪,唐,这太好了
Don, you were right about letting people in the house.
唐,关于让陌生人进屋这件事你说的没错
I'm so sorry.
我很抱歉
I don't want to talk about that.
我不想谈这个
The heat's supposed to break tomorrow.
明天应该就会降温
It'll probably be snowing in two weeks.
可能两周后还会下雪