We were called into Principal Brown's office one week before Alex's graduation.
就在艾丽克斯毕业一周前,我们被请到布朗校长的办公室。
That can mean only one of two things. Either she's gonna be valedictorian or they're giving an award for sexiest dad.
这只有两种可能。要么艾丽克斯要做学生代表致告别辞,要么他们要给最性感爸爸颁奖了。
We're very proud of Alex.
我们为艾丽克斯感到骄傲。
Honey.
亲爱的。
I'm sorry. I just feel like my whole life has been building up to this point.
抱歉。我只是觉得我这辈子的努力一直都在为了这一刻。
I know.
我知道。
Hello, Dunphys.
你们好啊,邓菲们。
So nice to be able to give you some good news in one of these meetings.
能在繁多的会面中告诉你们一则好消息真是太好了。
How is Haley, by the way?
顺便问一句,海莉好吗?
So sorry we're late. We --
很抱歉我们迟到了,我们...
What's she doing here? - What's he doing here?
她来这里干什么?-他来这里干什么?
Well, Alex and Sanjay, after four years of spirited competition, I am very pleased to tell you that you are the Pali High class of 2015 -- co-valedictorians!
艾丽克斯和桑杰,在四年的激烈竞争之后,我很高兴地告诉你们,你们俩将成为巴利高中2015届的联合学生代表!
That's amazing! Yes!
太棒了!太棒了!
Couldn't be more proud of the both of you, huh?
太为你们俩感到骄傲了,不是吗?
What do you mean -- co-valedictorians?
你说联合学生代表是什么意思?
"Co" is the latin prefix for "together." But really, what do you mean -- co-valedictorians?
"联合"是拉丁语前缀表意"一起"。但说真的,联合学生代表是什么意思?
Well, I thought there might be some aggressive questions that, uh, made me nervous, and so I wrote down my remarks.
我料到可能会碰到一些质问...会让我紧张,所以我就把评论写下来了。
No, I'm not trying to ruin your lives.
不,我不是要毁掉你们的人生。
It's just that your GPAs are tied to the thousandth of a decimal point.
只是因为你们俩的绩点持平小数点后一千位也是一样的。
But my GPA'S 4.645923. - My GPA's 4.645923.
但我的绩点是4.645923。-我的绩点是4.645923。
She got an "A-" On the French final.
她法语期末考只得了个A-。
He got an "A-" on an English paper.
他的一篇英语论文只得了A-。
No. This is a nightmare.
不。太恐怖了。
Worst day of my life.
这辈子最糟糕的一天。
Guys, we should be celebrating. This is literally a win/win.
各位,我们该庆祝一番。这是真正意义上的双赢。
I didn't work my whole life for a tie.
我这辈子这么努力可不是为了平局。
No offense, Principal Brown, but you were a teaching major. I'd like to check the GPAs myself.
无意冒犯,校长,可你只是教育专业。我想自己看看绩点。
Have at it.
请便。
What is it with these two?
这俩人怎么了啊?
I agree with them. Ties are un-American. Would you be happy if the Super Bowl ended in a tie?
我同意他们,平局不是美国风格。如果超级碗最后平局了,你会高兴吗?
Yes! There'd be twice as many parades!
会啊!会有两次夺冠游行!