Hey, Leonard, check this out.
莱纳德,看我的
Leonard, she's doing it again.
莱纳德,她又来了
I think it upsets Sheldon when you play with the food.
我觉得你调戏食物会让谢尔顿郁闷
No. It upsets Sheldon when she willynilly takes it from the containers without regard for its equitable distribution.
不,应该是她从碗里随便拿起食物而不顾还要平均分配的问题时 让谢尔顿很郁闷
This is essentially why you have famine in India.
这就是印度有饥荒的根本原因
You want me to put it back?
你要我吐回去吗
Leonard. It upsets Sheldon when you play with the Sheldon.
莱纳德 当你调戏谢尔顿时会让谢尔顿郁闷
What's up, my nerdizzles?
怎么样啊,我亲爱的呆瓜们
Raj, Sheldon, I want you to meet my girlfriend Bernadette.
拉杰,谢尔顿,我想将我的女朋友伯纳黛特引见与你们
Hello. Leonard, Penny, you know my girlfriend Bernadette.
你好,莱纳德,佩妮 你们认识我的女友伯纳黛特的
Bernadette, say fo'shizzle to my nerdizzles.
伯纳黛特,跟呆瓜们说绝对的
I don't think I can. I don't have Howard's street cred.
我不能这么说,我没有霍华德那种街头痞子风
I hope it's all right
我希望这没造成问题
I told my girlfriend Bernadette she could join us for dinner.
我跟我的女朋友伯纳黛特说,她可以跟我们共进晚餐
Sure. The more, the merrier.
当然可以,人多乐趣多
Wa no, that's a false equivalency. More does not equal merry.
不对,这是个错误的对等关系,人多不等于乐趣多
If there were 2,000 people in this apartment right now, would we be celebrating? No, we'd be suffocating.
如果这公寓里现在有两千人 那我们会很开心吗,不,我们会窒息而死
Sheldon... Don't "Sheldon" me. We ordered for five people, not six.
谢尔顿,别郁闷我,我们定的是五人份,不是六人
Oh, come on, it's fine. We'll just put it all on the table, you know, family style.
来不,没事儿的,我们全部摊在桌上分享就好,就像家庭聚餐式的
Oh, sure. And while we're at it, why don't we put our hands behind our backs, have an oldfashioned eating contest?
噢,那是,当我们家庭聚餐时,为什么不把手背到背后,来个老式的进食大赛呢
Relax, it'll be fine. Sit down, you guys.
放轻松,没事儿的 坐吧,你们
No! No! No! What?! Oh, yeah, you can't sit there.
别,别,别.怎么了,对了,你不能坐那儿
Why not? That's where Sheldon sits. He can't sit somewhere else?
为什么不能?那是谢尔顿的专属座位,他不能坐其他地方吗
No, no, no you see, in the winter, that seat is close enough to the radiator so that he's warm, yet not so close that he sweats.
不,不,不,你看啊,在冬天呢,这个座位与暖气片的距离足够让他保持温暖,但又不会太近以至于出汗
In the summer, it's directly in the path of a crossbreeze created by opening windows there and there.
而在夏天,这个位置又正好处在由这个和那个窗口之间对流所产生的微风之中
It faces the television at an angle that isn't direct, so he can still talk to everybody,
这儿的角度并不是直接面朝电视,所以他还能跟所有人交谈
yet not so wide that the picture looks distorted.
同时又不会太偏导致画面失真
Perhaps there's hope for you after all.
看来你还是孺子可教的嘛
Ooh, I love your shoes. Oh, thanks.
喔,我喜欢你的鞋子,谢谢
They are cute, aren't they?
很可爱,不是吗
Where'd you get them? Shoes for Less.
你在哪儿买到的,实惠鞋店
I've been meaning to go over there.
我正有此意要去那儿
Oh, great selection, great prices.
东西很多,价格也便宜
My mother was right. Hell is real.
我娘说的对,确实有地狱
Come on, Sheldon.
别这样,谢尔顿
Let the womenfolk chat.
让妇女们聊吧
Womenfolk? Gals? Chicks? UteroAmericans?
妇女?少女?妞儿?有子宫的美国人
Just eat your dinner. Don't take him too seriously.
吃你的饭吧,别太跟他较真儿
A lot of what he says is intended as humor.
他说的很多话本是故意为了幽默一下的
Yeah, well, I don't think it's very funny.
是啊,但我一点也不觉得有趣
Me neither, but he just lights up when I laugh.
我也是,但是我一笑他就灿烂了
Howard, never let her go.
霍华德,不能让她跑了
So, Leonard, Howard says you're working on fundamental tests of quantum mechanics.
莱纳德,霍华德说你正在进行一些量子力学的基本测试
I am. Are you interested in physics?
没错,你对物理感兴趣吗
Oh, I find it fascinating.
我觉得很很吸引人
If I hadn't gone into microbiology, I probably would have gone into physics. Or ice dancing.
如果我没有选择微生物学的话,我也许就会进军物理了,或者冰舞
Actually, my tests of the AharonovBohm quantum interference effect have reached an interesting point.
事实上,我对于阿哈伦诺夫博姆的量子干涉效应实验已经到达了一个很有趣的阶段
Right now, we're testing the phase shift due to an electric potential. That's amazing.
现在,我们正在测试基于电势的相位偏移,真是太棒了
Yes. Leonard's work is nearly as amazing as third graders growing lima beans in wet paper towels.
那是,莱纳德的工作几乎就跟三年级小学生用湿毛巾种青豆一样棒
While I appreciate the "Oh, snap," I'm uncomfortable having your moist breath in my ear.
虽然我很欣赏你的,"喔,又损人了",但你那温湿的口气飘进我的耳中令我很不舒服
Are you going to try to set up the voltages using tunnel junctions?
你会用穿隧结合来设定电压吗
Yes, I am. You want to see a simulation on my laptop? Oh, yeah, show me.
是的,你要看我笔记本上的模拟情况吗?好啊,给我看看
In microbiology, the most exciting thing I get to work with is yeast.
在微生物学中,我做过的最激动人心的事情也就是跟酵母玩玩
Howard? Yeah? Your shoes are delightful. Where did you get them?
霍华德,怎么了?你的鞋子真漂亮 你在哪儿买的
What? Bazinga. I don't care.
什么?逗你玩儿,我才不关心呢
Ha! Eat my dust, racially stereotypical plumber.
哈,吃灰吧你,万年不变的古板水管工
That's not fair. I got stuck behind a tree. And a cow and a penguin.
这不公平,我被一棵树卡住了,外加一只母牛和企鹅
Face it, dude, whether it's a real car or a virtual cartoon car, you can't drive.
认了吧,兄弟,不管是现实的车还是虚拟的卡通车,你都不能驾驭
Just need a little more practice.
只需要点练习而已
What you need is cheat codes, motor skills and a magic genie who grants wishes to little boys who suck at Mario Kart.
你需要的是金手指,驾驶技巧和一盏神灯来帮马里奥赛车小废柴实现愿望
Hey, Sheldon, can I talk to you for a second?
谢尔顿,我能跟你说两句话吗
It's not about shoes, is it? I don't think I could go through that again.
这跟鞋没关系,对吧,我不想再聊鞋子了
It's not about shoes. Then speak.
跟鞋子无关,那就说吧
Um, actually, can we do it in private? All right.
我们能私下谈吗,好吧
Go away. I agree, it's rude, but she asked for privacy. Thanks, Raj.
走开,我知道很无礼,但她要私下谈,谢谢,拉杰
Okay, so here's the thing: I was wondering if you could maybe teach me a little physics?
事情是这样的,我想请你教我一点物理学
A little physics? There's no such thing.
一点物理学,没有这个说法
Physics encompasses the entire universe, from quantum particles to supernovas, from spinning electrons to spinning galaxies.
物理学包含整个宇宙,从量子粒子到超新星,从自旋电子到旋转星系
Yeah, okay, cool. I don't need the PBS special.
行,不用说得像广播特别报导一样
I just want to know enough so I can talk to Leonard about his job. You know, like Bernadette does.
只要了解到能和莱纳德谈他的工作就行,就像伯纳黛特那样
Why can't Leonard teach you?
干嘛不叫莱纳德教你
'Cause I want to surprise him.
我想给他个惊喜
Can't you surprise him in some other way?
就不能以其他方式给他惊喜吗
For example, I'm sure he'd be delightfully taken aback if you cleaned your apartment.
比如,你要是打扫一下房间,我肯定他又惊又喜
Come on, Sheldon, this is important to me.
拜托,谢尔顿,这对我很重要
Penny, this would be a massive undertaking,
佩妮,教你可是艰巨的任务
and my time is both limited and valuable.
我的时间既有限又宝贵呢
You're sitting here playing video games all day.
你整天都坐着玩电子游戏呢
Okay, point. What sort of foundation do you have? Did you take any science classes in school?
被你说中了,你学了哪些基础知识,学校教过什么科学课吗
Sure. I did the one with the frogs. The one with the frogs.
有,我做过青蛙的实验,青蛙的实验
Yeah, actually, it was pretty cool. A lot of the girls threw up, but I gutted that thing like a deer.
对,其实挺好玩的,很多女生都吐了,但我把小青蛙像鹿一样宰了
I'm sorry, Penny. I don't think so.
抱歉,佩妮,恕我无能为力
Oh, come on! A smart guy like you, it'll be a challenge. You can make it like an experiment.
别这样嘛,你这么聪明,就当挑战一下,当成实验来做嘛
Interesting. I suppose if someone could teach sign language to KoKo the gorilla...
有意思,既然别人能教KoKo大猩猩学手语
I could teach you some rudimentary physics.
我也能教你基本物理学
Great! It's a little insulting, but great. I'll be KoKo.
太好了,虽然有点侮辱人,但很好,我就做KoKo吧
Not likely. KoKo learned to understand over 2,000 words, not one of which had anything to do with shoes.
不见得吧,KoKo学会了超过两千个单词,没有一个跟鞋子有关呢
Hey, fellas. This is my girlfriend Bernadette. My girlfriend Bernadette.
伙计们好, 这是在下的女友伯纳黛特,在下的女友伯纳黛特
Who are all those people? Have no idea. Hey, Leonard.
他们都是谁,不知道,好啊,莱纳德
Hi. Hey, look, it's Howard and his girlfriend Bernadette.
好,瞧瞧,这不是霍华德的女友伯纳黛特嘛
Thought I'd give the little woman a tour of the old salt mines.
带这位小美人逛逛这老盐矿
He doesn't mean salt mines. He means where he works.
他说的不是盐矿,他说的是工作地点
Yeah, no, I got it. So, how's your experiment going?
对,我知道,你的实验进展如何
Ah, terrific. We're getting the electron accelerator set up.
很顺利,我们正在准备电子加速器
We should be ready to go day after tomorrow.
后天就能准备好
Boy, I'd love to see that.
真想见识一下
You're welcome to come.
欢迎你来
Really? Oh, that'd be great.
真的吗,太好了
How exciting is that? Like Hanukkah in July.
多兴奋啊,简直就像七月过光明节一样
Do they have that? No.
七月有光明节吗,没有
You got me again. This isn't nonfat yogurt. This is fatty fat fat.
又被你糊弄了,这不是脱脂酸奶,简直全是脂肪
Excuse me. Could you grab me another napkin, sweetie?
失陪一下,心肝儿,能帮我拿张餐巾吗
Sure. Thanks, honey.
当然可以,谢谢,宝贝
All right, what is your deal? Excuse me?
说,你打什么如意算盘,你说什么
Inviting my girlfriend to come see your electron accelerator?
邀请我女朋友去看你的电子加速器
Yeah? So? You really are a piece of work.
怎么了,你真有两下子
It's not enough you get the prom queen, you have to get the head of the decorating committee, too?
舞会皇后被你弄到手还不满意,你还想抢走陪衬头牌呢
What are you talking about?
你在说什么呢
Don't play innocent with me. I practically invented using fancy lab equipment to seduce women.
别跟我装无辜,用神奇实验设备勾引女人这招是我发明的
Has it ever worked?
成功过吗
Not so far, but that's not the point!
目前没有,重点不是这个
Howard, relax. I'm not interested in your girlfriend.
霍华德,别紧张,我对你女朋友没兴趣
I hope not. Because you don't want to mess with me. I'm crazy.
最好如此,你不会想跟我瞎搅和,我可是疯子
I believe you.
我相信你
Research journal, entry one.
实验日志,第一篇
I'm about to embark on one of the great challenges of my scientific career: teaching Penny physics.
我准备开展科学生涯中的巨大挑战之一:教佩妮物理学
I'm calling it Project Gorilla.
我称之为大猩猩工程
Hey, Sheldon. Come in. Take a seat.
好啊,谢尔顿,请进,坐吧
Subject has arrived. I've extended a friendly casual greeting.
实验目标已到,我亲切地欢迎她
Ready to get started? One moment.
准备好开始了吗.稍等
Subject appears wellrested and enthusiastic. Apparently, ignorance is bliss.
目标气色很好,也很热情,显然,无知是福
All right, let us begin. Where's your notebook?
好吧,我们开始,你的笔记本呢
Um, I don't have one.
我没笔记本
How are you going to take notes without a notebook? I have to take notes?
那你咋记笔记,还得记笔记吗
How else are you gonna study for the tests?
不然你怎么考试
There's gonna be a test? Testsss.
还要考试吗 可不止一次考试
Here. It's collegeruled. I hope that's not too intimidating.
给,这是大学规定,希望没吓着你
Thank you. You're welcome.
多谢你的体贴,不客气
Now, Introduction to Physics. What is physics?
现在开始讲物理学入门,什么是物理
Physics comes from the ancient Greek word "physika."
物理这个词来源于古希腊语中的"physika"
It's at this point that you'll want to start taking notes.
你该记笔记了
"Physika" means the science of natural things.
"Physika"是指自然科学
And it is there, in ancient Greece, that our story begins.
而就在那遥远的古希腊,我们的旅程开始了
Ancient Greece? Hush. If you have questions, raise your hand.
靠,古希腊,嘘,有问题,先举手
It's a warm summer evening, circa 600 BC.
那是在大约公元前600年的一个仲夏夜
You've finished your shopping at the local market, or Agora...And you look up at the night sky.
当你从集市(古希腊圣贤集会所)购物归来,抬头仰望夜空
There you notice some of the stars seem to move,
突然,你发现星星在游弋
So you name them "planetes," or "wanderer".
于是,你将他们命名为"行星"或"漫游者"
Yes, Penny? Um, does this have anything to do with Leonard's work?
佩妮同学,有问题吗,这和莱纳德的研究有什么关系
This is the beginning of a 2,600 year journey
这是一个历时2600年的旅程
We're going to take together from the ancient Greeks
我们慢慢讲,不急 追溯到古希腊
Through Isaac Newton to Niels Bohr to Erwin Schrodinger to the Dutch researchers
从艾萨克·牛顿到尼尔斯·玻尔(原子理论和量子力学的创始人) 再到埃尔文·薛定谔(创立波动力学) 再到荷兰研究学派
That Leonard is currently ripping off. 2,600 years?
莱纳德近来就在重复他们的研究呢,居然有2600年
Yeah, give or take. As I was saying, it's a warm summer eveningin ancient Greece...
没错,可能有些许误差,正如我之前所说,在那遥远的古希腊一个氤氲的仲夏夜
Yes, Penny? I have to go to the bathroom.
怎么了,佩妮同学,我要去洗手间
Can't you hold it? Not for 2,600 years.
你就不能憋一下吗,我可憋不了2600年