When she recovered,she was invited to stay for a while at Thrushcross Grange.
她病好后,被请去画眉山庄去住一段。
Unfortunately old Mr and Mrs Linton caught the fever too,and died within a few days of each other.
不幸的是年迈的林顿夫妇也患了热病,几天之内相继去世。
Catherine returned to us,prouder and quicker-tempered than ever,but not as strong as before.
凯瑟琳回到我们这儿,比以前更骄横,脾气也更暴躁了,但身体不如以前健壮了。
'If she gets ill again,it could be fatal,'Dr Kenneth warned us.
“要是她再得病,可能会致命,”肯尼士大夫告诫我们,
'My advice to you is to do whatever she wants,and don't make her angry!'
“我劝你们顺着她,别让她生气!”
So we had to obey all her orders,and Joseph and I were not allowed to scold her any more.
因此我们得对她言听计从,不许约瑟夫和我再责备她。
Edgar Linton was still in love with her,and thought himself the happiest man on earth when he married her three years after his parents'death.
艾加·林顿依然爱着凯瑟琳,他在父母过世三年后娶了她,自以为是世上最幸福的人。
She insisted on having me with her,so we moved together to Thrushcross Grange,although I was very sad to leave little Hareton with his father.
她执意要我陪她,所以我们一起搬到画眉山庄,尽管把小哈里顿留给他父亲让我很难过。
It's very late,Mr Lockwood.
天很晚了,洛克伍德先生。
I think you should go to bed,or you'll be ill tomorrow.
我觉得您该睡觉了,否则明天会生病的。
I can tell you the rest of the story another time.
我再找时间给您讲剩下的事。
Four weeks later In fact I was ill the next day,and have been ill since then.
四周后事实上第二天我是病了,一直卧床不起。
The terrible night I spent at Wuthering Height was the cause of my illness,and I blame Mr Heathcliff for it.
病因就是我在呼啸山庄度过的那可怕的一夜,这我归咎于希斯克利夫先生。
Dr Kenneth has warned me I won't be able to go out until the spring.
肯尼士大夫告诫我春天之前不能出门。
All I can do is lie in bed,listening to the howling wind and staring at the grey northern sky.
我只好躺在床上,听着风的怒号,盯着北方灰暗的天际。
So I've decided to ask Mrs Dean to come upstairs and finish telling me her story.
于是我决定请迪恩夫人上楼来给我讲完她的故事。
She tells me she's happy to continue.
她说她乐意讲下去。