You asked if ever I was surprised.Today Mr. Stevens,I was surprised.
您问过我 我什么时候惊讶过 就在今天 史蒂文斯先生 我十分震惊
You've led the battle for race equality for thirty years.
您为了种族平等斗争30年
The basis of of every hope for this country's future life,
这是国家未来的基石
you denied Negro equality! I'm nauseated.You refused to say that all humans are, well human.
现在您却否认黑人的权利 真令人作呕 您否认人人都有生而为人的权利
Have you lost your very soul, Mr. Stevens,Is there nothing you won't say?
您出卖了自己的灵魂吗 史蒂文斯先生 您不是什么都敢说吗
I'm sorry you're nauseous, Asa, that must be unpleasant.
真抱歉让你恶心阿萨 这肯定让人不适
I want the amendment to pass.
我希望修正案能通过
So that the Constitution's first and only mention of slavery is its absolute prohibition.
这样宪法中唯一关于奴隶制的表述便是 它毫无疑问应该被废除
For this amendment, for which I have worked all of my life
为了修正案 为了我终生的事业
and for which countless colored men and women have fought and died and now hundreds of thousands of soldiers.
为了无数为争取权利而牺牲的黑人 现在 也为了那些护国安邦的将士
No, sir, no.It seems there is very nearly nothing I won't say.
我没有出卖灵魂 先生 没有 也没有什么事不敢说的
I'm not going in.You said you wanted to help me.
我不进去了 你说过想帮我
This is This is just a clumsy attempt at discouragement.
这 这只不过是你想让我丧失斗志的把戏
I've been to army hospitals, I've seen surgeries,I went and visited the malaria barges with mama.
我去过战地医院 见过那些外科手术 我还和妈妈一起去过疟疾横行的驳船
She told me she didn't take you inside.I snuck in afterwards.
她说她没带你进去 我之后偷偷溜进去了
I've seen what it's like, this changes nothing.
我知道那是什么样子 你吓不到我