What's the matter, Bob?I have to do this.
怎么了 鲍勃 我要参军
And I will do it and I don't need your permission to enlist.
我要参军 我入伍不需要经过你的同意
That same speech has been made by how many sons,to how many fathers since the war began?
从战争开始 有多少儿子 对他们的父亲说过一样的话
I don't need your damn permission, you miserable old goat,I'm gonna enlist anyhow!
我才不需要你该死的许可 老家伙 无论如何我都会参军
And what wouldn't those numberless fathers have given to be able to say to their sons as I now say to mine,
又有多少父亲对他们儿子 说出我要对你说出的这番话
I'm commander-in-chief,so in point of fact, without my permission,
我才是总司令 没有我的允许
you ain't enlisting in nothing, nowhere, young man.
你不能参军 年轻人
It's mama you're scared of, not me getting killed.
你只是怕妈妈 根本不是担心我的死活
I have to do this! And I will.
我必须参军 我一定会的
Or I will feel ashamed of myself for the rest of my life.
不然余生我都会以此为耻
Whether or not you fought is what's gonna matter.
能不能上战场根本无所谓
And not just to other people, but to myself.
这不仅仅是为了别人 也是为了我自己
I won't be you, pa. I can't do that.But I don't want to be nothing.
我成不了您 爸爸 我办不到 但是我不想碌碌无为
He'll be fine, Mary.
他会没事的 玛丽
City Point's away back from the front lines, from the fighting,
锡蒂波因特离前线有一段距离
he'll be an adjutant running messages for General Grant.
他会被安排去做格兰特将军传信的副官