The war will take our son.
战争会要了我们儿子的命
A sniper, or a shrapnel shell, or typhus.
那些狙击手 弹片 伤寒
Same as took Willie,it takes hundreds of boys a day.
像威利一样 每天都有成百上千的孩子在那死去
He'll die uselessly,and how will I ever forgive you?
他只会成为无谓的牺牲品 到时候你让我怎么原谅你
Most men, their firstborn is their favorite, but you,
大多数人 都最喜欢长子长女 但是你
you've always blamed Robert for being born,
你却一直责怪罗伯特的出生
for trapping you in a marriage that's only ever given you grief and caused you regret.That's simply not true.
说那让你为婚姻所困 让你陷入不幸 让你后悔 不是这样
And if the slaughter of Cold Harbor is on your hands same as Grant,God help us.
如果冷泉港那样的屠杀再发生 我们只能祈求上帝相助
We'll pay for the oceans of spilled blood you've sanctioned,the uncountable corpses we'll be made to pay with our son's dear blood.
我们要为你犯下的那些数不清的屠杀付出代价 我们的儿子会用他的鲜血 为那些堆积如山的尸骨做陪葬
Just, just this once, Mrs. Lincoln,I demand of you to try and take the liberal and not the selfish point of view.
就这次 就这次 林肯夫人 我求你用解放人类而不是自私的观点来看问题
Robert will never forgive himself. You imagine he'll forgive us if we continue to stifle his very natural ambition?
如果我们继续扼杀他的发自内心的抱负 罗伯特将永远无法原谅自己 你还能奢望他原谅我们吗
And if I refuse to take the highroad,if I won't take up the rough old cross,
如果我不同意呢 如果我无法再背负更多痛苦了呢
will you threaten me again with the madhouse,as you did when I couldn't stop crying over Willie,
你是不是又要威胁我 送我去疯人院 就像我无法停止为威利的死终日哭泣时那样
when I showed you what heartbreak, real heartbreak looked like,
就像我让你看到什么是真的心碎的时候那样