I couldn't tolerate you grieving so for Willie because I couldn't permit it in myself,though I wanted to, Mary.
我不能忍受你再为威利难过 因为我也不会允许自己这么做 尽管我希望如此 玛丽
I wanted to crawl under the earth, into the vault with his coffin.
我想过陪他入土 守着他的灵柩
And I still do.Everyday I do.Don't speak to me about grief.
而且我现在依旧这样想 无时无刻不这么想 所以不要跟我讲悲伤
I must make my decisions, Bob must make his, you yours.
鲍勃 你还有我 都必须要做出自己的决定
And bear what we must, hold and carry what we must.
必须承担我们要承担的 忍受我们要忍受的
What I carry within me, you must allow me to do it,
当我忍受这些时 你要允许我
alone as I must. And you alone, Mary,you alone,may lighten this burden,
独自承受自己必须承受的 你也一样 玛丽 承受你自己的部分 这样可以减轻彼此的负担
or render it intolerable. As you choose.
或者你可以选择 把一切推向崩溃
You think I'm ignorant of what you're up to because you haven't discussed this scheme with me as you ought to have done.
你以为我不知道你在做什么吗 你以为你打算不跟我商量这些事 我就不知道了吗
When have I ever been so easily bamboozled?
我什么时候那么好糊弄
I believe you when you insist that amending the constitution and abolishing slavery will end this war.
当你坚持要让修正案通过 要废除奴隶制的时候 我相信你
And since you are sending my son into the war,woe unto you if you fail to pass the amendment.
但是既然你把我们的儿子送上战场 不让修正案通过 你就等着吃苦头吧
Seward doesn't want me leaving big muddy footprints all over town.
苏厄德不想最后弄得政以贿成