手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 双语有声读物 > 远离尘嚣(第5级) > 正文

远离尘嚣(MP3+中英字幕) 第18章:伯德伍德先生举办圣诞宴会(4)

来源:可可英语 编辑:alice   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

‘I didn't realize he was still in love with her!’said Billy.

“真没想到他还爱着她。”比利说。
‘Poor Mr Boldwood,the news will be hard for him,’said Jan Coggan.
“可怜的伯德伍德先生,那消息可够他受的,”简·考根说。
‘We'll have to tell the mistress her husband's still alive.
“我们总得告诉女主人他的丈夫还活着。
We'll go in and find the right moment to speak to her. ’
咱们进去,找个合适的时机告诉她吧。”
But the right moment never came. Bathsheba had planned to stay at the party for only an hour,
可是这合适的时机却没有来。芭丝谢芭本来就打算只待一个小时,
and she was in fact preparing to leave when Boldwood found her alone in an upstairs room.
伯德伍德在楼上房间发现芭丝谢芭一人独处时,她正准备离开。
‘Mrs Troy,you can't go!’he said wildly. ‘We've only just begun!’
“托伊太太,你不能走!”他狂热地说。“我们才刚刚开始啊!”
‘I'd like to go now. I think I'll walk home. ’
“我想现在就走,我准备走着回去。”
‘You know what I want to say to you?’Bathsheba looked silently at the floor. ’
“你知道我想对你说什么吗?”芭丝谢芭默默地看着地面。
You do give it?’he said eagerly.
“你真的给我吗?”他很急切地说。
‘Give what?’she asked,although she knew well what he meant.
“给什么?”她问道。其实她知道他所指的是什么。
‘Your promise!Just a business arrangement between two sensible people who no longer think of love.
“你的诺言呀!就当两个不再思想爱情的理智的人对一件事情进行安排吧。
To marry me in five to six years!You owe it to me!’
五、六年以后嫁给我!你理应这样的!”
‘I have no feeling in that matter at all,’she replied,hesitating.
“这事我完全没有情绪,”她犹豫着回答。
‘But if I must,I promise—if I'm really a widow. ’
“但如果我必须保证,那我就保证——如果我真正成了寡妇的话。”
‘You'll marry me in five and three-quarter years’time?’
“你将在五年又九个月后嫁给我吗?”

重点单词   查看全部解释    
sensible ['sensəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 可察觉的,意识到的,实用的
n. 可

联想记忆
arrangement [ə'reindʒmənt]

想一想再看

n. 安排,商议,整理,布置,商定,[音]改编,改编曲

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。