1、permit
允许;准许
He can let the court's decision stand and permit the execution.
他有权维持法庭判决,批准死刑生效。
The guards permitted me to bring my camera and tape recorder.
卫兵准许我带相机和录音机。
许可证;特许证
The majority of foreign nationals working here have work permits.
大多数在这里工作的外国人都有工作许可证。
He has to apply for a permit, and we have to find him a job.
他必须要申请工作许可证,我们得给他找份工作。
允许;使有可能
He sets about creating an environment that just doesn't permit experiment, it encourages it.
他着手营造一种不仅可以进行试验而且鼓励进行试验的环境。
Try to go out for a walk at lunchtime, if the weather permits.
只要天气不太差,中午尽量出去散散步。
2、discuss
讨论;谈论;商量
I will be discussing the situation with colleagues tomorrow.
明天我会和同事们讨论一下情况。
The cabinet met today to discuss how to respond to the ultimatum.
内阁今天开会商量如何应对这道最后通牒。
详细论述;阐述
I will discuss the role of diet in cancer prevention in Chapter 7.
我会在第7章详细论述日常饮食在抗癌中的作用。
Coming up after the news, Dan Schorr discusses the state of the presidential campaign.
新闻之后,丹·肖尔将带来对总统竞选活动的详细评述。