The metropolitan police, the men, stood in one line formation.
都市警察,那些男人们一字排开
The women, we, the demonstrators, drew one another close.
女人们,我们,示威者,互相挨得很紧密
We were a bouquet knot of pink roses.
我们是一束紧密缠绕的粉色玫瑰
How can it be that all the cops are men and all for peace women?
怎么能让所有的警察都是男性,而追求和平的都是女性呢
I can't live in such a world.
我无法生存在这样的世界
I don't want to keep living out the myth that men fight and women mother.
我不想继续生活在虚无的谎言里男人们战斗,女人们哺育
We regressed. The junior high dance.
我们退化了,这是初中生的举动
One boy crossed the wide floor, chose one girl, escorted her back to the other side where he arrested her.
男孩穿过走道,选择一个女孩,把她护送回逮捕她的另一侧
'My wife is gonna kill me.'
"我妻子会杀了我"
Said a black cop, 'I'm arresting Alice Walker.'
一名黑人警察说到 "我居然在逮捕爱丽丝·沃克"
'Don't hold hands with me said a white cop.'
"别抓着我的手"一名白人警察说
Shaking off his partner who was smiling up at him.
甩掉向他微笑的搭档的手
'Don't take my arm either.'
"也别抓着我的胳膊"
They had each one of us stand by herself alongside the van and took our pictures.
他们把我们一个个分开,站在货车旁,给我们照了相
'Quit smiling. What are you smiling for?
"别笑了,笑什么呢?
This is an arrest. This is your mugshot, not your prom photo.'
这是逮捕,是你的入罪大头照,又不是舞会照"
I was smiling from happiness.
我笑是因为开心
My government will not disappear me,
我的政府不会抹去我生存的痕迹
the tarp was but backdrop for shooting pics and the beautiful pink aura was still upon me.
防水布做了拍照的布景,我周身依然笼罩着美丽的粉色气息