Ripper began to growl again as Harry sat down.
正当哈利坐下来的时候,利皮开始吠叫起来。
This directed Aunt Marge's attention to Harry for the first time.
玛姬姑妈这才第一次把注意力转向哈利。
'So!' she barked. 'Still here, are you?' 'Yes,' said Harry.
“这么说!”玛姬姑妈怒气冲冲地说,“你还在这里,是不是?”“是。”哈利说。
'Don't you say “yes” in that ungrateful tone, ' Aunt Marge growled.
“不要用这种不知道好歹的腔调说‘是’,”玛姬姑妈咆哮道,
'It's damn good of Vernon and Petunia to keep you.
“弗农和佩妮收留了你,他们真是够好的了。
Wouldn't have done it myself.
要是我才不干呢。
You'd have gone straight to an orphanage if you'd been dumped on my doorstep.'
要是有人把你扔到我的大门口,你早就直截了当地到孤儿院了。”
Harry was bursting to say that he'd rather live in an orphanage than with the Dursleys,
哈利真想说他宁愿待在孤儿院也不愿意和德思礼家人住在一起,
but the thought of the Hogsmeade form stopped him.
但他想到那张同意表,就忍住了没说。
He forced his face into a painful smile.
他勉强在脸上挤出痛苦的笑容来。
'Don't you smirk at me!' boomed Aunt Marge.
“别对我假笑!”玛姬姑妈声音隆隆地说道,
'I can see you haven't improved since I last saw you.
“我看得出来,自从上次我看见你以来,你没有什么进步。
I hoped school would knock some manners into you.'
我希望学校能强迫你学会些礼貌。”
She took a large gulp of tea, wiped her moustache and said, 'Where is it that you send him, again, Vernon?'
她吞下一大口茶,擦擦她的唇髭,又说:“弗农,我又忘了,你把他送到什么地方去了啊?”
'St Brutus's,' said Uncle Vernon promptly.
“圣布鲁斯,”弗农姨父立即说,
'It's a first-rate institution for hopeless cases.'
“对于那些无可救药的人来说,那是家第一流的机构。”
'I see,' said Aunt Marge. 'Do they use the cane at St Brutus's, boy?' she barked across the table.
“我明白了。”玛姬姑妈说,“小子,圣布鲁斯的人使用藤杖吗?”她隔着桌子对哈利怒气冲冲地说。
'Er —' Uncle Vernon nodded curtly behind Aunt Marge's back.
“唔……”弗农姨父在玛姬姑妈背后简短地点了一下头。
'Yes,' said Harry. Then, feeling he might as well do the thing properly, he added, 'All the time.'
“是啊。”哈利说。然后,他觉得似乎应该把事情做得像样些,就说:“一直用的。”
'Excellent,' said Aunt Marge. '
“太好了,”玛姬姑妈说,