The Knight Bus's headlamps were flooding it with light, and it was empty.
骑士公共汽车的头灯将那里照亮了,那里空荡荡的。
'Choo lookin' at?' said Stan.
“愿意往那儿看吗?”斯坦问。
'There was a big black thing,' said Harry, pointing uncertainly into the gap.
“刚才那里有一个大的黑东西,”哈利说,不肯定地指着那块空地,
'Like a dog... but massive...' He looked around at Stan, whose mouth was slightly open.
“好像是条狗……但是大得……”他回过头来看斯坦,斯坦的嘴张开了一点。
With a feeling of unease, Harry saw Stan's eyes move to the scar on Harry's forehead.
哈利带着一种不安的心情,看到斯坦的眼睛转到哈利前额上的那个疤上了。
'Woss that on your 'ead?' said Stan abruptly.
“你头上那是什么?”斯坦突然问道。
'Nothing,' said Harry quickly, flattening his hair over his scar.
“没什么。”哈利迅速地说,一面用头发盖住那块疤。
If the Ministry of Magic was looking for him, he didn't want to make it too easy for them.
如果魔法部在找他,他可不想让他们太轻易就找到了。
'Woss your name?' Stan persisted.
“你叫什么名字?”斯坦继续问道。
'Neville Longbottom,' said Harry, saying the first name that came into his head.
“纳威·隆巴顿,”哈利说道,这是他首先想起来的一个名字,
'So — so this bus, ' he went on quickly, hoping to distract Stan, 'did you say it goes anywhere?'
“那——那么说,这辆公共汽车,”他迅速地说下去,希望分散斯坦的注意力,“你刚才是说它什么地方都能去,是吗?”
'Yep,' said Stan proudly, 'anywhere you like, long's it's on land.
“是啊,”斯坦骄傲地说,“你想去的任何地方,只要是在陆地上的地方都行。
Can't do nuffink underwater.
水底下可去不了。
'Ere,' he said, looking suspicious again, 'you did flag us down, dincha?
咦,”他说,看上去又怀疑起来了,“你不是打信号要我们停车的吗?
Stuck out your wand 'and, dincha?'
你伸出你的魔杖,不是吗?”
'Yes,' said Harry quickly.
“对呀,”哈利赶快说,
'Listen, how much would it be to get to London?'
“听着,到伦敦去要多少钱?”
'Eleven Sickles,' said Stan, 'but for firteen you get 'ot chocolate,
“十一个银西可,”斯坦说道,“不过要是你付十四个,你就可以得到巧克力,
and for fifteen you get an 'ot-water bottle an' a toofbrush in the colour of your choice.'
付十五个,就可以拿到一个热水瓶和一把牙刷,颜色由你挑。”
Harry rummaged once more in his trunk, extracted his money bag and shoved some silver into Stan's hand.
哈利又在他的衣箱里仔细寻找,扯出他的钱袋。把一些银币倒在斯坦手里。