Even Stan's pimples went white; Ern jerked the steering wheel so hard that a whole farmhouse had to jump aside to avoid the bus.
就连斯坦的丘疹也发白了;厄恩急速地转着方向盘,整个农庄都不得不跳到一边以便避让这辆车。
'You outta your tree?' yelped Stan. 'Choo say 'is name for?'
“你疯啦?”斯坦嚷道,“故意提他的名字干吗?”
'Sorry,' said Harry hastily. 'Sorry, I – I forgot –'
“对不起,”哈利即刻道歉地说,“对不起,我——我忘了——”
'Forgot!' said Stan weakly. 'Blimey, my 'eart's goin' that fast...'
“忘了!”斯坦软弱无力地说,“哎呀,我的心跳得那个快啊……”
'So – so Black was a supporter of You-Know-Who?' Harry prompted apologetically.
“那么——那么说,布莱克是神秘人的支持者了?”哈利急忙说。
'Yeah,' said Stan, still rubbing his chest. 'Yeah, that's right.
“对啦,”斯坦说,仍旧抚摸着他的心口,“对啦,说得对。
Very close to You-Know-'Oo, they say... anyway, when little 'Arry Potter put paid to You-Know-'Oo'
和神秘人的关系非常密切,人们是这么说的……不管怎么说,当年小哈利波特要被神秘人杀死的时候——”
Harry nervously flattened his fringe down again.
哈利不安地将前额的头发又拉了下来。
'all You-Know-'Oo's supporters was tracked down, wasn't they, Ern?
“神秘人的所有支持者都受到了追捕,对不对,厄恩?
Most of 'em knew it was all over, wiv You-Know-'Oo gone, and they came quiet. But not Sirius Black.
这些人多数都知道,既然神秘人已经逃走了,他们也就完了,所以他们都老实了。小天狼星布莱克可不这样。
I 'eard he thought 'e'd be second-in-command once You-Know-'Oo 'ad taken over.
我听说他认为有一天神秘人会当权,那他就是第二号人物了。”
'Anyway, they cornered Black in the middle of a street full of Muggles an' Black took out 'is wand and 'e blasted 'alf the street apart,
“不管怎么说,他们在大街上把布莱克逼得走投无路,街上还满是麻瓜,布莱克拿出他的魔杖,炸了半条街,
an' a wizard got it, an' so did a dozen Muggles what got in the way.
一个男巫被杀死了,十二个麻瓜也没命了。
'Orrible, eh? An' you know what Black did then?'
可怕,是不是?你知道布莱克接下来干什么了吗?”
Stan continued in a dramatic whisper.
斯坦夸张地耳语道。
'What?' said Harry.
“什么?”哈利说。
'Laughed,' said Stan. 'Jus' stood there an' laughed.
“大笑,”斯坦说,“就是站在那里大笑。