'But it'll be fascinating to study them from the wizarding point of view,' said Hermione earnestly.
“但是,从魔法界的角度去研究他们会很叫人入迷的。”赫敏真诚地说。
'Are you planning to eat or sleep at all this year, Hermione?' asked Harry, while Ron sniggered.
“你今年还打算吃饭睡觉吗,赫敏?”哈利问道,罗恩在一旁偷偷地笑。
Hermione ignored them. 'I've still got ten Galleons,' she said, checking her purse.
赫敏不理他们。“我已有了十个金加隆,”赫敏查看着她的钱包说,
'It's my birthday in September, and Mum and Dad gave me some money to get myself an early birthday present.'
“我的生日在九月份,我妈和我爸给了我一些钱,让我给自己提前买生日礼物。”
'How about a nice book?' said Ron innocently.
“买一本好书怎么样?”罗恩装傻问道。
'No, I don't think so,' said Hermione composedly. 'I really want an owl.
“不,我不想买书,”赫敏平静地说,“我真的想要一只猫头鹰。
I mean, Harry's got Hedwig and you've got Errol –'
我的意思是说,哈利有他的海德薇,你有埃罗尔——”
'I haven't,' said Ron. 'Errol's a family owl. All I've got is Scabbers.'
“我可没有,”罗恩说,“埃罗尔是我们一家的。我所有的只不过是斑斑罢了。”
He pulled his pet rat out of his pocket.
他从口袋里掏出他的宠物小耗子来。
'And I want to get him checked over,' he added, placing Scabbers on the table in front of them.
“我想送它去检查一下,”他又说,一面把斑斑放在他们面前的桌子上,
'I don't think Egypt agreed with him.'
“我认为埃及对它不合适。”
Scabbers was looking thinner than usual, and there was a definite droop to his whiskers.
斑斑看上去比以前更瘦了,它的胡须明显地搭拉下来。
'There's a magical-creature shop just over there,' said Harry, who knew Diagon Alley very well by now.
“那边有一家神奇生物商店,”哈利说,现在他已经很熟悉对角巷了,
'You can see if they've got anything for Scabbers, and Hermione can get her owl.'
“你可以看看在那里是不是可以给斑斑买点什么,赫敏也可以在那里买到猫头鹰。”
So they paid for their ice-creams and crossed the street to the Magical Menagerie.
于是他们付了三份冰淇淋的钱,穿过大街,来到了那家叫做神奇动物园的店铺。
There wasn't much room inside.
里面没有多大空间。
Every inch of wall was hidden by cages.
墙上每一英寸的地方都挂着笼子。
It was smelly and very noisy because the occupants of these cages were all squeaking, squawking, jabbering or hissing.
店里又臭又闹。因为笼子里的小生物都在发出各种叫声。