'Sort of freeze your insides, don't they?' said Fred.
“好像让你五脏六腑都冻结住了,是不是?”弗雷德说。
'You didn't pass out, though, did you?' said Harry in a low voice.
“不过你没有昏过去呀,是不是?”哈利低声说。
'Forget it, Harry,' said George bracingly. 'Dad had to go out to Azkaban one time, remember, Fred?
“忘掉这件事,哈利。”乔治振奋精神说,“我爸曾经去过一次阿兹卡班,记得吗,弗雷德?
And he said it was the worst place he'd ever been.
他说那是他所去过的最坏的地方。
He came back all weak and shaking ... They suck the happiness out of a place, Dementors.
他回来的时候浑身软弱还发着抖……它们把一个地方的欢乐都吸走了,这些摄魂怪。
Most of the prisoners go mad in there.'
多数犯人在那里都发疯了。”
'Anyway, we'll see how happy Malfoy looks after our first Quidditch match,' said Fred.
“不管怎么说,我们将看见第一次魁地奇比赛以后马尔福会是什么样子。”弗雷德说,
'Gryffindor versus Slytherin, first game of the season, remember?'
“格兰芬多对斯莱特林,季度第一次比赛,记得吗?”
The only time Harry and Malfoy had faced each other in a Quidditch match, Malfoy had definitely come off worse.
哈利和马尔福在魁地奇比赛中只有一次面对面,这次比赛马尔福肯定比哈利糟得多。
Feeling slightly more cheerful, Harry helped himself to sausages and fried tomatoes.
哈利高兴了一点儿,拿了些香肠和炸西红柿。
Hermione was examining her new timetable.
赫敏正在看她的新课程表。
'Ooh, good, we're starting some new subjects today,' she said happily.
“哇,好,今天有几门新课程要上。”她快乐地说。
'Hermione,' said Ron, frowning as he looked over her shoulder, 'they've messed up your timetable.
“赫敏,”罗恩说,从她肩上看课程表,皱起了眉头,“他们把你的课程表搞乱了。
Look — they've got you down for about ten subjects a day. There isn't enough time.'
你看——他们给你一天排了足有十门课。时间不够啊。”
'I'll manage. I've fixed it all with Professor McGonagall.'
“我会想办法的。我已经和麦格教授谈好了。”
'But look,' said Ron, laughing, 'see this morning?
“但是看呀,”罗恩大笑着说,“看见今天上午的了吗?
Nine o'clock, Divination. And underneath, nine o'clock, Muggle Studies. And —'
九点钟,占卜。下面,九点钟,麻瓜研究,还有——”
Ron leant closer to the timetable, disbelieving, 'look — underneath that, Arithmancy, nine o'clock.
罗恩更靠近那张课程表,无法相信,“看哪——在这下面是算术占卜,九点钟。
I mean, I know you're good, Hermione, but no one's that good.
我意思是说,我知道你棒,赫敏,不过没有人棒到这种程度,
How're you supposed to be in three classes at once?'
你怎么能同时上三门课呢?”