His potion, which was supposed to be a bright, acid green, had turned —
他的药剂本来应该是一种亮绿色的酸性物质,却变成——
'Orange, Longbottom,' said Snape, ladling some up and allowing it to splash back into the cauldron, so that everyone could see.
“橘色的,隆巴顿。”斯内普说道,用勺子舀了一点出来,再让它溅回坩埚里,以便大家都能看见。
'Orange. Tell me, boy, does anything penetrate that thick skull of yours?
“橘色的。告诉我,孩子,有什么东西渗透到你的这个厚厚的头盖骨里去了吗?
Didn't you hear me say, quite clearly, that only one rat spleen was needed?
你没有听见我说,很清楚地说,只需要一滴耗子的胆汁吗?
Didn't I state plainly that a dash of leech juice would suffice?
难道我没有明白地说,加入少许水蛭的汁液就够了吗?
What do I have to do to make you understand, Longbottom?'
我要怎么讲你才能明白呢,隆巴顿?”
Neville was pink and trembling. He looked as though he was on the verge of tears.
纳威的脸成了粉红色,人在发抖。他好像快要哭出来了。
'Please, sir,' said Hermione, 'please, I could help Neville put it right —'
“先生,”赫敏说,“先生,如果你允许,我帮他改过来行吗?”
'I don't remember asking you to show off, Miss Granger,' said Snape coldly, and Hermione went as pink as Neville.
“我可没有请你炫耀自己,格兰杰小姐。”斯内普冷淡地说,于是赫敏的脸和纳威一样地红了。
'Longbottom, at the end of this lesson we will feed a few drops of this potion to your toad and see what happens.
“隆巴顿,今天下课以前,我们要给你的蟾蜍喂几滴这种药剂,看会发生什么事情。
Perhaps that will encourage you to do it properly.'
也许这样做会鼓励你好好地做这种药剂。”
Snape moved away, leaving Neville breathless with fear.
斯内普走开了,剩下纳威在那里吓得六神无主。
'Help me!' he moaned to Hermione.
“帮帮我!”他对赫敏呻吟道。
'Hey, Harry,' said Seamus Finnigan, leaning over to borrow Harry's brass scales, 'have you heard?
“嘿,哈利,”西莫斐尼甘说,一面俯身过来借哈利的钢秤。“听到没有?
Daily Prophet this morning — they reckon Sirius Black's been sighted.'
今天早上的《预言家日报》——他们估计小天狼星布莱克已经被盯上了。”
'Where?' said Harry and Ron quickly.
“在哪里?”哈利和罗恩迅速地说。
On the other side of the table, Malfoy looked up, listening closely.
桌子那边,马尔福抬头望着,仔细地听着。