'Water demon,' said Lupin, surveying the Grindylow thoughtfully.
“水怪,”卢平说,若有所思地看着格林迪洛,
'We shouldn't have much difficulty with him, not after the Kappas.
“我们对付它应该不会有多大困难,毕竟我们有过卡巴了。
The trick is to break his grip.
秘诀在于破坏它的紧握。
You notice the abnormally long fingers? Strong, but very brittle.'
你注意到那长得不正常的爪子了吗?强壮,但是脆弱。”
The Grindylow bared its green teeth and then buried itself in a tangle of weed in a corner.
那格林迪洛龇出绿色的牙齿,然后把自己埋在水箱角落里的一团乱糟糟的水草里了。
'Cup of tea?' Lupin said, looking around for his kettle. 'I was just thinking of making one.'
“喝杯荼吗?”卢平说,四处找着水壶,“我方才正在想着泡一杯呢。”
'All right,' said Harry awkwardly.
“好的。”哈利尴尬地说。
Lupin tapped the kettle with his wand and a blast of steam issued suddenly from the spout.
卢平用魔杖轻敲水壶,壶嘴便突然喷出一股蒸气来。
'Sit down,' said Lupin, taking the lid off a dusty tin.
“坐下。”卢平说,揭开垃圾桶的盖子,
'I've only got teabags, I'm afraid — but I daresay you've had enough of tea leaves?'
“我只有袋泡茶,恐怕——不过我敢说你对茶叶已经觉得够烦了吧?”
Harry looked at him. Lupin's eyes were twinkling.
哈利看着他。卢平的眼睛闪闪发光。
'How did you know about that?' Harry asked.
“您怎么知道这件事的?”哈利问道。
'Professor McGonagall told me,' said Lupin, passing Harry a chipped mug of tea.
“麦格教授告诉我的。”卢平说,递给哈利一杯茶,茶杯上有个缺口。
'You're not worried, are you?' 'No,' said Harry.
“你不害怕吧,害怕吗?”“不。”哈利说。
He thought for a moment of telling Lupin about the dog he'd seen in Magnolia Crescent, but decided not to.
有那么一会儿工夫,他想告诉卢平他在木兰花新月街看见那条狗的事,但后来又决定不说了。
He didn't want Lupin to think he was a coward, especially since Lupin already seemed to think he couldn't cope with a Boggart.
他不想让卢平认为他是懦夫,特别是卢平已经认为他不能对付博格持了。
Something of Harry's thoughts seemed to have shown on his face, because Lupin said, 'Anything worrying you, Harry?'
哈利心里想的可能有一部分在脸上的表情中流露出来了,因为卢平说:“你在担心什么事吗,哈利?”
'No,' Harry lied. He drank a bit of tea and watched the Grindylow brandishing a fist at him.
“没有。”哈利说了个谎。他喝了一点荼,看着那格林迪洛对他挥舞着一只拳头。