'Yes,' he said suddenly, putting his tea down on Lupin's desk. 'You know that day we fought the Boggart?' 'Yes,' said Lupin slowly.
“有,”他突然说,把茶放在了卢平的桌子上,“您还记得我们对付博格特的那天的事吗?”“记得。”卢平慢慢地说。
'Why didn't you let me fight it?' said Harry abruptly.
“您为什么不让我和博格特斗呢?”
Lupin raised his eyebrows.
卢平扬起了眉毛。
'I would have thought that was obvious, Harry,' he said, sounding surprised.
“我原来以为这原因是明摆着的,哈利。”他说,声音里透着惊讶。
Harry, who had expected Lupin to deny that he'd done any such thing, was taken aback.
哈利原来以为卢平不会承认这件事,因此也大吃一惊。
'Why?' he said again.
“为什么?”他又问。
'Well,' said Lupin, frowning slightly, 'I assumed that if the Boggart faced you, it would assume the shape of Lord Voldemort.'
“好吧,”卢平说,眉头略略皱着,“我假定如果博格特面对着你,就会以伏地魔的形象出现的。”
Harry stared. Not only was this the last answer he'd expected, but Lupin had said Voldemort's name.
哈利瞪眼。不但这样的回答是他没料到的,而且卢平说出了伏地魔的名字。
The only person Harry had ever heard say the name aloud (apart from himself) was Professor Dumbledore.
哈利知道的惟一曾大声说出这个名字的人(哈利自己除外)是邓布利多教授。
'Clearly, I was wrong,' said Lupin, still frowning at Harry. 'But I didn't think it a good idea for Lord Voldemort to materialise in the staff room.
“显然,我错了。”卢平说,仍然对哈利皱着眉头,“但是我认为,伏地魔在教员休息室里现形不是好主意。
I imagined that people would panic.'
我想大家会吓得要命的。”
'I did think of Voldemort first,' said Harry honestly. 'But then I — I remembered those Dementors.'
“我首先想到的的确是伏地魔,”哈利诚实地说,“但是,然后我——我想起了那些摄魂怪。”
'I see,' said Lupin thoughtfully. 'Well, well... I'm impressed.'
“我明白了,”卢平沉思着说道,“唔,唔,我有印象。”
He smiled slightly at the look of surprise on Harry's face.
哈利脸上露出惊讶的表情,卢平对此微微一笑。