'You made that Dementor on the train back off, 'said Harry suddenly.
“你让火车上的那个摄魂怪退却了。”哈利突然说。
'There are — certain defences one can use,' said Lupin. 'But there was only one Dementor on the train.
“有——某些防御方法是人们可以应用的,”卢平说,“不过当时火车上只有一个那样的家伙。
The more there are, the more difficult it becomes to resist.'
它们的数目越多,就越难抵御。”
'What defences?'said Harry at once. 'Can you teach me?'
“什么样的防御方法啊?”哈利马上问,“您能教给我吗?”
'I don't pretend to be an expert at fighting Dementors, Harry — quite the contrary ...'
“我可不想假装是抵御摄魂怪的专家,哈利——事情正相反……”
'But if the Dementors come to another Quidditch match, I need to be able to fight them —'
“但是如果再有魁地奇比赛的时候,它们又来了,那我可得有办法对付它们啊——”
Lupin looked into Harry's determined face, hesitated, then said, 'Well ... all right. I'll try and help.
卢平看着哈利那张坚定的脸,踌躇了,然后说:“唔……好吧。我想办法帮你。
But it'll have to wait until next term, I'm afraid.
但这件事恐怕要等到下学期。
I have a lot to do before the holidays.
放假以前我有许多事情要做。
I chose a very inconvenient time to fall ill.'
我生病真生得不是时候。”
What with the promise of Anti-Dementor lessons from Lupin, the thought that he might never have to hear his mother's death again,
卢平答应教哈利妇何防御摄魂怪,哈利认为自己也许再也不会听到妈妈临死前的声音了。
and the fact that Ravenclaw flattened Hufflepuff in their Quidditch match at the end of November, Harry's mood took a definite upturn.
十一月底拉文克劳队打败了赫奇帕奇队。这些事加在一起,使哈利的情绪明显高涨起来。
Gryffindor were not out of the running after all, although they could not afford to lose another match.
格兰芬多队毕竟还有比赛的机会,尽管他们现在可不能再输一场球了。
Wood became repossessed of his manic energy, and worked his team as hard as ever in the chilly haze of rain that persisted into December.
伍德又精力充沛起来,在一直延续到十二月的寒冷刺骨的风雨中仍旧不遗余力地抓紧训练他的球队。
Harry saw no hint of a Dementor within the grounds.
哈利在校园里没有看到任何摄魂怪的踪迹。
Dumbledore's anger seemed to be keeping them at their stations at the entrances.
邓布利多的怒火似乎把它们限制在学校入口处的岗位上了。
Two weeks before the end of term, the sky lightened suddenly to a dazzling, opaline white
学期结束前两个星期的时候,天空突然放晴,呈现出炫目的蛋白色,
and the muddy grounds were revealed one morning covered in glittering frost.
泥泞的场地也在一天早晨蒙上了一层发亮的霜。