'Well ... when we were in our first year, Harry — young, carefree and innocent —'
“好吧……我们一年级的时候,哈利——年轻、无忧无虑,又天真——”
Harry snorted. He doubted whether Fred and George had ever been innocent.
哈利鼻子里哼了一声。他怀疑弗雷德和乔治是否天真过。
'– well, more innocent than we are now — we got into a spot of bother with Filch.'
“——唔,比我们现在天真——我们和费尔奇之间发生了一点儿麻烦。”
'We let off a Dungbomb in the corridor and it upset him for some reason —'
“我们在走廊里放了个大粪弹,出于某种缘故,这个炸弹让他很沮丧——”
'So he hauled us off to his office and started threatening us with the usual —'
“所以他把我们拉到他的办公室里去了,开始用那种通常的——”
'– detention —'
“——关禁闭——”
'– disembowelment —'
“——把我们的肠子掏出来——”
'– and we couldn't help noticing a drawer in one of his filing cabinets marked Confiscated and Highly Dangerous.'
“——而我们忍不住注意到了他的档案柜抽屉,其中有一个抽屉上写着:没收物资,高度危险。”
'Don't tell me —'said Harry, starting to grin.
“别告诉我——”哈利说,开始笑了。
'Well, what would you've done?' said Fred. 'George caused a diversion by dropping another Dungbomb, I whipped the drawer open and grabbed — this.'
“唔,你会怎么做呢?”弗雷德说,“乔治又扔了个大粪弹,分散了他的注意力。我飞快地拉开抽屉,一把抓住——这个。”
'It's not as bad as it sounds, you know,'said George. 'We don't reckon Filch ever found out how to work it.
“这件事不像听起来的那么坏,你知道,”乔治说,“我们认为费尔奇从来没有发现怎么使用这张羊皮纸。
He probably suspected what it was, though, or he wouldn't have confiscated it.'
不过他很可能猜到了这是什么东西,要不然他也不会没收它。”
'And you know how to work it?'
“你们知道怎么使用吗?”
'Oh yes,' said Fred, smirking. 'This little beauty's taught us more than all the teachers in this school.'
“哦,是啊,”弗雷德痴笑着说,“这个小小的漂亮东西教会我们的可要比全校老师教的还要多。”
'You're winding me up,' said Harry, looking at the ragged old bit of parchment.
“你们在哄骗我吧。”哈利说,一面看着那张破破烂烂的羊皮纸。
'Oh, are we?'said George. He took out his wand, touched the parchment lightly and said, 'I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.'
“哦,我们骗你吗?”乔治说。他拿出魔杖,轻轻触了一下那张羊皮纸说:“我庄严宣誓我没干好事。”