After an hour of studying with Sydney,
和西德尼一起学习一个小时后,
I went to see Ben. Ben is a really good student. In fact, he's brilliant.
我去看本,本真的是个好学生,事实上,他很聪明。
He finished his bachelor's degree two years ago and is now finishing his master's.
两年前,本大学本科毕业,现在正在忙着硕士毕业。
He already has a full scholarship to the University of California at Berkeley,
他已经获得了加州大学伯克利分校的全额奖学金,
one of the best universities in the country, to get his Ph.D. degree after he graduates from here.
而这所学校是美国最好的大学之一,毕业之后,本就要攻读博士学位了。
I have known Ben for three years.
我认识本有三年了。
When I was in high school,
高中的时候,
the school matched students interested in going to the university with students who were already studying there.
学校把有兴趣上这所大学的学生和已经在大学就读的学生组成一对。
That way, they could mentor us and help us do the right things to get into college.
这样,在校的学生就可以指导我们正确备考,进入这所大学。
I was matched with Ben and we've stayed in touch ever since.
我和本组成了一对,从那以后我们一直保持联系。
Since it was the middle of the afternoon,
下午三点左右,
I decided to go to the psychology department to see if he was still at work.
我决定去心理学系看看他是否还在工作。
I walked into the psychology department's main office.
我走进心理系办公室,
I walked into the lobby and could see that there were a lot of smaller offices down a hallway to the left.
进入大厅,看到走廊左边有很多小的办公室。
That must be where the professors and the dean have their offices, I thought.
我想,那一定是教授和院长办公的地方。