I saw Ben right away through the glass window of one of the small offices.
我从一间小办公室的玻璃窗外立马就看见了本。
Ben is hard to miss. He has bright red hair and is over six feet tall.
本很难不被注意,他的发色是那种鲜红色,身高有六尺多。
I walked to the door of the office and Ben looked up from his work.
我走到办公室门口,本从工作中抬起了头。
"Hey, Derrick, he said when I walked into the office.
“嗨,德里克,”我走进办公室时他说道。
"Long time, no see. What have you been up to?"
“好久不见,你在忙什么?”
"Hi, Ben," I said. "I've been keeping busy. And you?"
“嗨,本,”我说。“我一直在忙。你呢?”
"Oh, I'm much better now that my master's thesis is almost finished," Ben said.
“哦,现在好多了,我的硕士论文快完成了,”本说。
"I never thought I would get it done. I've never written a 200-page paper before.
“我从没想过我会完成,我之前从来没有写过200页的论文。
I hope it'll be a long time before I have to write another one!
我希望我还有很长时间写另一篇!
As soon as the dean signs it, it's official. I'm done."
院长一签字就正式生效了,我就写完了。”
"Well, it was worth it, wasn't it?" I asked.
“嗯,这是值得的,不是吗?”我问。
"Yeah, and it got me that scholarship to Berkeley," Ben said.
“是的,它让我获得了伯克利的奖学金,”本说。
"It was worth it in the end, but while I was writing it, I thought I'd go crazy."
“最终还是值得的,但写的时候,我想我要疯了。”