"What do you mean?" I asked.
“你说的什么意思?”我问。
"Dean Maurie likes women, all kinds of women.
“毛里院长喜欢女人,各种女人都喜欢。
He is known around here as a womanizer.
他在这儿是出了名的花花公子。
He has been having an affair with Professor Marcelo."
他和马塞洛教授有染。”
"Diana Marcelo?" I asked, surprised.
“戴安娜马塞洛?”我吃惊地问道。
"But isn't she married?"
“可她不是结婚了吗?”
"Yes, she is, and two weeks ago,
“是的,两周前,
I overheard a big fight she had with the dean in his office.
我无意中听到她和院长在办公室大吵了一架。
I didn't hear what they said, but Professor Marcelo didn't look happy when she left.
我没听到他们说什么,但马塞洛教授离开时看起来很不开心。
In fact, I have never seen a woman so angry."
事实上,我从未见过一个女人这么生气。”
"You said he liked women—plural," I said.
“你说他喜欢女人,”我说。
"Were there others?"
“他在外面有人了?”
"I think so," Ben said.
“我想是的,”本说。
"I heard that he was having a romantic relationship with a student,
“我听说他和一个学生谈恋爱,
but I don't know if it's true."
但我不知道是不是真的。”
"Do you know her name?" I asked.
“你知道她的名字吗?”我问。
"No, I don't. Sorry," he said.
“不,我不知道。对不起,”他说。
"Don't be," I said. "You've been really helpful."
“别说对不起,”我说。“你真是帮了大忙。”
"Anytime," Ben said. "Are you sure you can't tell me what this is all about?"
“你总是在帮助我,”本说。“你确定你不能告诉我这是怎么回事吗?”
"I wish I could," I said.
“但愿我能,”我说。