'We'll risk it, Sybill,' said Professor McGonagall impatiently. 'Do sit down, the turkey's getting stone cold.'
“我们愿意冒这个险,西比尔。”麦格教授不耐烦地说,“坐下吧,火鸡要冷得像石头一样了。”
Professor Trelawney hesitated, then lowered herself into the empty chair, eyes shut and mouth clenched tight, as though expecting a thunderbolt to hit the table.
特里劳妮教授踌躇了,然后坐在了那把空椅子上,眼睛闭着,嘴紧紧抿着,好像马上就会有雷打到这张桌子上似的。
Professor McGonagall poked a large spoon into the nearest tureen. 'Tripe, Sybill?'
麦格教授把一只大汤匙伸到了最近的大盖碗里。“牛肚要吗,西比尔?”
Professor Trelawney ignored her. Eyes open again, she looked around once more and said, 'But where is dear Professor Lupin?'
特里劳妮教授没去理会她。她睁开了眼睛,向四周看了一遍,问道:“亲爱的卢平教授哪里去了?”
'I'm afraid the poor fellow is ill again,' said Dumbledore, indicating that everybody should start serving themselves.
“恐怕这可怜的人又病了,”邓布利多说,示意大家可以开始用餐了,
'Most unfortunate that it should happen on Christmas Day.'
“他在圣诞节病倒,真是很不走运。”
'But surely you already knew that, Sybill?' said Professor McGonagall, her eyebrows raised.
“但是你肯定已经知道了,是不是,西比尔?”麦格教授说。扬起了眉毛。
Professor Trelawney gave Professor McGonagall a very cold look.
特里劳妮教授很冷漠地看了麦格教授一眼。
'Certainly I knew, Minerva,' she said quietly. 'But one does not parade the fact that one is All-Knowing.
“我当然知道,米勒娃,”她平静地说,“但是人们并不炫耀自己是无所不晓的。
I frequently act as though I am not possessed of the Inner Eye, so as not to make others nervous.'
我的行为举止经常是好像我并不拥有天目似的,这样别人就不会感到紧张不安。”
'That explains a great deal,' said Professor McGonagall tartly.
“这就说明了很多问题了。”麦格教授尖酸地说。
Professor Trelawney's voice suddenly became a good deal less misty.
特里劳妮教授的嗓音突然变得不那么模糊了。
'If you must know, Minerva, I have seen that poor Professor Lupin will not be with us for very long.
“如果你一定要知道的话,米勒娃,我已经看到可怜的卢平教授不会长久地和我们在一起了。
He seems aware, himself, that his time is short.
他自己似乎明白他的时间不多了。
He positively fled when I offered to crystal-gaze for him —'
我自愿给他看水晶球的时候,他总是回避——”