Have you ever wanted somebody to leave your house if they've stayed for too long?
你有没有遇到过某人在你家待太久,你想让他们离开的情况?
Have you ever not wanted to finish something that somebody has cooked for you?
你有没有遇到过吃不下别人给你做的饭菜的情况?
How about saying no to someone who wants to meet up with you?
以及某人想和你见面,但你想拒绝的情况?
Mini English Lessons
迷你英语课
In English, we don't really say these things directly.
在英语中,我们不会直接表达这些意思。
Instead, we use indirect language.
相反,我们会用委婉的语言。
For example, you wouldn't say, 'Is it alright if you leave my house, please?'
比如,你不会说:你能不能离开我家?
Because it just sounds very rude, and you might upset somebody.
因为这听起来很没有礼貌,你可能会惹别人生气。
So in this video, we're going to look at three different situations and the indirect language that you can use in those situations.
在今天这个视频中,我们将看看三个不同的情境,以及在这些情境中你可以使用哪些委婉的语言。
If you want somebody to leave your house because they've stayed too long, start subtly.
如果某人在你家待了太久,你想让他们离开,你要非常委婉地开启话头。
Well, it's been lovely.
啊,今天玩得很开心。
If that doesn't work, try this.
如果说这句话没有用,再试试下面这句。
Wow, have you seen the time? It's getting quite late.
哇,你注意到时间了吗?已经这么晚了。
Time flies when you're having fun.
玩得高兴,时间就过得飞快。
If they're still not leaving your house, maybe this is the last resort.
如果他们还没有要走的意思,可能下面这句话是最后的办法了。
Oh, I should probably be getting on with the washing up.
哦,我可能要去洗碗了。
Or you could mention another chore.
或者你可以说你要做其他事。
I've got to do the cooking.
我得去做饭了。
I've got to put the kids to bed.
我得让孩子们去睡觉了。
I need to do the laundry.
我得去洗衣服了。
And there is one more thing that you can try, which is... Right!
还有一个办法你也可以试试,就是说“对了!”(然后直接走开去做自己的事,表明你很忙)。
When you don't want to eat something that someone has cooked for you, it would be quite rude to say: Is it alright if I don't eat that because I don't think I like it very much.
如果你不想吃别人做的饭菜,你如果说“我不吃行不行?因为我不是很喜欢这个”就会显得很没有礼貌。
That's a little bit rude.
这会有点粗鲁。
Instead, it's better to say this. Oh, that was lovely, but I...I don't think I could eat another bite.
相反,最好说:哦,挺好吃的,但我已经吃不下了。
Alternatively, if you haven't eaten anything, you could say, it looks delicious, but I've eaten so much today already and I don't think I could eat any more.
或者,如果你一点都没吃,你可以说:看起来很好吃,但我今天已经吃很多了,我可能已经吃不下了。
Or... I had such a late lunch, so I'll just eat a tiny bit.
或者:我午饭吃得很晚,我就尝一点点吧。
In the last example, if you want to say no to someone who wants to meet up with you, it'll be quite rude to say,
在最后一个例子中,如果你想拒绝别人与你见面的请求,不礼貌的说法是:
I don't really want to meet up with you because I don't think it would be very fun.
我不是很想和你见面,因为跟你没啥好玩的。
Again, you might hurt their feelings.
这样说你又会伤到对方的感情。
I invited my friend to come over to try my cheese and salami souffle with gravy.
我曾经邀请朋友来尝尝我做的浇了肉汁的芝士香肠舒芙蕾,
And this is what he said.
我的朋友说:
Sorry, but I already have plans for that day.
不好意思,我那天已经有安排了。
So I suggested another day.
于是我改了日期。
But he said, I might have plans for that day too. Can I get back to you?
但是他说:那天我可能也有安排了。我之后再回你可以吗?
There you have lots of indirect language to get out of really awkward situations.
现在你学会了很多委婉的语言,可以让你应对很尴尬的情境。
Can you think of any other ways?
你能想到其他婉拒方式吗?
Let me know in the comments section below.
请在评论区告诉我。
Okay. I've really gotta go because I've I've got some plans. So, yeah.
好了,我真的得走了,因为还有其他事。那么,就这样吧。