手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 明星为你读绘本 > 正文

我的自闭症哥哥查理(上)

编辑:Sara   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet

Welcome to Storyline Online, brought to you by the SAG-AFTRA Foundation.

欢迎来到《明星为你读绘本》,由SAG-AFTRA基金会为您呈现。

I'm Holly Robinson Peete, and today I'm going to read, 'My Brother Charlie,'

我是霍莉·罗宾逊·皮特,今天我要朗读《我的哥哥查理》,

written by, me, Holly Robinson Peete, and my daughter, Ryan Elizabeth Peete, with pictures by Shane W. Evans.

这本书由我,霍莉·罗宾逊·皮特,还有我的女儿瑞安·伊丽莎白·皮特共同创作, 插图由谢恩·W. 埃文斯绘制。

We’ve always been together—even in Mommy’s tummy—my twin brother, Charlie, and me.

我们一直在一起,从在妈妈的肚子里,我的双胞胎哥哥查理就和我在一起了。

We still share lots of things: Curly hair and brown eyes.

我们还有很多共同点:卷发,棕色的眼睛。

How much we love hot chocolate with marshmallows.

我们都很喜欢热巧克力配棉花糖,

Our dog, Harriett. Rolling in the grass. Music. Football.

喜欢我们的小狗哈里特、在草地上打滚、音乐、足球。

And names that start with the letter C— Callie and Charlie.

我们的名字都以字母C开头:卡莉和查理。

But being twins doesn’t make us exactly the same.

虽然是双胞胎,但我们并不完全一样。

I’m two minutes younger than Charlie.

我比查理小两分钟。

I can stare for hours at the Big Dipper and the moon.

我可以盯着北斗七星和月亮看好一阵子。

And I love to talk.

我还特别喜欢聊天。

Charlie is skinnier and goofier than me.

查理比我瘦,也比我傻一点。

He hates math.

他讨厌数学。

When he looks at the sky, he finds jets and helicopters.

他望向天空时,能看到喷气式飞机和直升机。

And sometimes my brother gets very quiet.

有时候他会变得非常安静。

When we were babies, I pointed out flowers and cats and fireflies.

当我们还是婴儿时,我能指出花朵、猫咪、萤火虫。

I snuggled and giggled with Mommy on dark nights.

在漆黑的夜晚,我依偎着妈妈咯咯地笑。

And told Mommy again and again how much I love her.

一遍又一遍地告诉妈妈,我有多爱她。

But Charlie was different.

但查理不一样。

He wouldn’t play with me or kiss Mommy’s cheeks when she hugged him.

他不肯和我玩,妈妈抱着他时,他也不亲吻妈妈的脸颊。

And he didn’t say “I love you.”

而且他不会说“我爱你”。

Seems those words were locked deep inside my brother.

似乎那些话深藏在哥哥心底。

Everyone told Mommy not to worry.

大家都告诉妈妈别担心。

“He’s just being a boy,” they said.

“他还小。”他们说。

But Mommy knew there was something different about Charlie.

但是妈妈知道,查理有些不一样。

I knew it, too.

我也知道。

As we grew older, Mommy watched Charlie very carefully.

我们慢慢长大,妈妈非常仔细地观察着查理。

She and I could see he was struggling.

她和我都能看出来他遇到了很多困难。

Then Mommy discovered that Charlie’s brain works in a special way, because Charlie has autism.

后来妈妈发现,查理的大脑运作方式很特别,因为查理患有自闭症。

It’s harder for Charlie to make friends.

查理更难交朋友。

Or show his feelings.

更难表达情绪。

Or stay safe.

更难保持安全。

One doctor even told Mommy that Charlie would never say “I love you.”

一位医生甚至告诉妈妈,查理永远都不会说“我爱你”。

That made Mommy and me saddest of all.

这是最让妈妈和我伤心的事情。

I have learned from Charlie that love doesn’t always come from what you say.

从查理那里我明白了,爱并不总是用言语表达。

It can also come from what you do.

爱也可以用行为表达。

And so we do right by Charlie.

因此我们善待查理。

We love Charlie strong.

我们深深地爱着查理。

We watch over him with the might of angels.

我们用天使的力量守护着他。

We have to.

我们必须这样。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
stare [steə(r)]

想一想再看

v. 凝视,盯着看
n. 凝视

 
foundation [faun'deiʃən]

想一想再看

n. 基础,根据,建立
n. 粉底霜,基

联想记忆
minutes ['minits]

想一想再看

n. 会议记录,(复数)分钟

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。