"I'd like to see you do it in eighty days."
“我倒想看看你怎么在80天里环游地球一周。”
"It depends on you. Shall we go?"
“这全凭您的决定,咱们一道去吧?”
"Good Heavens! But I would wager four thousand pounds that such a journey, made under these conditions, is impossible."
“老天爷!我愿赌4000英镑,在以上这些条件下环游地球一周只需80天是不可能的。”
"Quite possible, on the contrary," returned Mr. Fogg.
“正相反,完全可能,”福格先生反驳道。
"Well, make it, then!"
“好,那您就试试吧!”
"The journey round the world in eighty days?"
“要我80天环游地球一周?”
"Yes."
“是的。”
"I should like nothing better."
“我想没有比这更好的了。”
"When?"
“什么时候动身?”
"At once. Only I warn you that I shall do it at your expense."
“马上!只是我得先跟您说清楚,这笔旅费得您出。”
"It's absurd!" cried Stuart, who was beginning to be annoyed at the persistency of his friend.
“太荒谬了!”斯图尔特嚷道,他这位朋友一直争论不休,他开始对此感到恼火了。
"Come, let's go on with the game."
“好啦, 我们继续打牌。”
"Deal over again, then," said Phileas Fogg. "There's a false deal."
“那么请重新洗牌,”菲利亚·福格说,“牌发错了。”
Stuart took up the pack with a feverish hand; then suddenly put them down again.
安德鲁·斯图尔特用他那烦躁得有些发热的手把牌收起来,突然他又把牌往桌上一摊。
"Well, Mr. Fogg," said he, "it shall be so: I will wager the four thousand on it."
“好吧,福格先生,”他说,“咱们算说定了,我愿跟您赌4000英镑。”
"Calm yourself, my dear Stuart," said Fallentin. "It's only a joke."
“冷静点,我亲爱的斯图尔特,”法郎丹说,“只不过是个玩笑!”
"When I say I'll wager," returned Stuart, "I mean it." "All right," said Mr. Fogg; and, turning to the others, he continued: "I have a deposit of twenty thousand at Baring's which I will willingly risk upon it."
“我说赌就赌,”安德鲁·斯图尔特回答说,“绝不是说着玩的。”“好!”福格先生边说边转向其他人,继续说道,“我在巴林氏银行有20000英镑的存款,我愿以此为赌注。”