本段对话选自The Holiday,《恋爱假期》
Hugh:Everyone, can I have your attention, please?
休格:各位各位,听我说两句好吗?
Just a couple minutes. Thank you.
就几分钟,谢谢。
Jasper:Hate it that we can never talk.
贾思博:我不喜欢跟你形同陌路。
Iris:Hate it.
不喜欢。
Hugh:Well, first of all, a very Happy Christmas to each and every one of you.
休格:首先,祝各位圣诞快乐。
Now, we're not officially closed, as you very well know,
大家都知道,现在咱们还没有正式放假,
but we are going to try and get by this week with a smaller than normal staff.
不过这周我们尽量让一部分人先放假。
But before some of you rush off on holiday, I do have one rather important announcement.
不过在某些人急赶着度假之前我还有件大事要宣布。
Now, this affects Iris. where are you?
有关爱丽丝的,你在哪呢?
Iris:Here, sir.
爱丽丝:我在这,先生。
Hugh:Iris, I have a tip for you.
休格:有个料要爆给你。
Iris:Excellent.
爱丽丝:棒极了。
Hugh:A wedding was privately announced earlier today that I don't believe any other paper in town knows about,
休格:今天早上有人宣布要结婚了我想这块料还没有爆到其他报社,
and I want you to be the first to report on this particular union,
我想让你第一个来报道,
as it is between two of our most esteemed colleagues.
我们之中最优秀的2 位的结合。
May I introduce the newly-engaged Sarah Smith-Alcott and Jasper Bloom!
有请刚刚订婚的萨拉史密斯奥尔科特和贾思博布鲁斯!
Jasper:Well, if I'd known this was gonna happen, I'd have worn my good suit.
贾思博:早知道要上台我就换身好行头了。
Let's celebrate!
咱们得庆祝庆祝啊!
Everyone, drink the champagne and eat the canapes here。
各位尽情享用香槟和脆饼吧。